Hacking Discussion Nintendo banning from CDN

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I do know that in most european countries it is legal to make backups and play backups by law as long as you own the product and don't make a profit out of it. So pretty sure what Nintendo is doing isn't completely allowed since an EULA is never above the law of a country. Also by law when you buy a product online ( digital game ) they have to give you acces to it or give you your money back so again it is against the law what they're doing since they are blocking you from downloading your legally obtained game. Sony also thought their EULA was above the law multiple times and they lost every single case in europe, one being they only wanted to give consumers 1 year of warranty while european law states a minimum of 2 years. By law Nintendo can't even copyright strike you anymore on youtube in Europe because the copyright thing got abolished last month in europe when it comes to sharing pictures and video and music is videos you make yourself

Last edited by kumikochan,

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you figure that one? it banned you from XBL nothing more, if you didn't go online the console was still fully working.
No the 360 bans were pretty bad at least from what I remember during the MW2 wave it would make the console corrupt gamesaves and the profile. The scene found a way to undo this, But Microsoft wasn't fooling around that time.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

IpponDatara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This can’t work. System updates don’t only patch security holes; they might also introduce new system-level calls and libraries that can make development easier for the game developers. When a game requires a certain firmware version to run, it’s not just to block piracy; the game very likely uses and requires those new features in the firmware.
And what about the PS3? Back in the days you could play any game even those who required a higher firmware.
And what bout BOTW? Release version runs on 1.00 later ones required a higher firmware but technically it’s the same game. So I have to doubt your post a little bit :)

Lpckid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download updates nsp to everything plus you must have two systems one for online one for free games ban me on one system who cares o have other system to play online. Why you scared to get ban then don't mod your system and buy your games you on here like its a warning this is old news we don't care about a ban at all we care if games work for free.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download updates nsp to everything plus you must have two systems one for online one for free games ban me on one system who cares o have other system to play online. Why you scared to get ban then don't mod your system and buy your games you on here like its a warning this is old news we don't care about a ban at all we care if games work for free.
I don't think you read the whole thread lol It's not just online play anymore, it's EVERYTHING. This includes system updates. So unless they come out with more carts that contain updates, this can be a pretty serious issue as no one that I am aware of has installed an update on the Switch manually.

Clutchman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just worried about system updates. I know we'll be able to access games and updates but what about when Nintendo's online service is released? The system is definitely going to need an update and most new games will require that FW. Will we be able to update to the latest FW? Maybe one could shed some light.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm just worried about system updates. I know we'll be able to access games and updates but what about when Nintendo's online service is released? The system is definitely going to need an update and most new games will require that FW. Will we be able to update to the latest FW? Maybe one could shed some light.
I think they can by making a tool that makes it so that that a game needs a particular firmware to run it and injecting the firmware in the games so that when the message pops up that it needs a higher firmware, it will install the injected firmware

Reactions: Clutchman

Lpckid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System updates will be offline nsp files sx iso that made this told me because there risking bann too in same vote as everyone else plus working on firmware spoof roms as we speak you guys are the scared cats we don't care if it fails I'll give this system for free buy a new one we have so much cash we don't cry if bann like you kids get out of hacks if you can't take the fireball from Mario are heat your post is dumb and you can't make a file to stop banning.

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let's say I have a switch on current firmware that I've never attached an account to but I've been just updating the games on it. Will they block my shiz?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let's say I have a switch on current firmware that I've never attached an account to but I've been just updating the games on it. Will they block my shiz?
First, your console has to be normally banned. Then you have to abuse your leftover CDN access. So, yes it will block all updates, but its not an easy road to walk down.

klock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you read the whole thread lol It's not just online play anymore, it's EVERYTHING. This includes system updates. So unless they come out with more carts that contain updates, this can be a pretty serious issue as no one that I am aware of has installed an update on the Switch manually.

You can most certainly install a firmware update manually, with choi dujour and hacdiskmount.

BORODA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have instlled one NSP with a “shared” cert using tinfoil and removed it along with a save file through settings. Never went online since I had it installed. Will this still flag me? Is there anything I can do to prevent a flag?

Last edited by BORODA,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not to be like that but... told you so. "Nintendo is sooo stupid" and look, they blocked ALL access now. Can people realise they stepped up their security like a lot?

Reactions: ByteBite

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be like that but... told you so. "Nintendo is sooo stupid" and look, they blocked ALL access now. Can people realise they stepped up their security like a lot?
Only after the Nintendo ninjas come to my house, lock me in their Mario-inspired prison, and throw away the key.

On a serious note, it appears there some doubt this was legitimate as there was some server maintenance when OP checked for a system update.

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
360 bans made the console almost entirely useless. So far, I think those were the harshest.

No the 360 bans were pretty bad at least from what I remember during the MW2 wave it would make the console corrupt gamesaves and the profile. The scene found a way to undo this, But Microsoft wasn't fooling around that time.

A RGH 360 can be unbanned in less than a minute. That doesn't seem harsh at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0