• Replies 1,247
  • Likes 38

What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
Mthodmn101
I am staying on the current firmware..... if another nub updates his console, its his fault.
So not only does he post sensitive information that can lead to a patch, but he also has the nerve to be a totally inconsiderate jerk towards everyone else. If the team can't throw out the home brew out there for enough people if it gets patched-do you honestly think they're going to do anything at all just for you? From all of gbatemp-please brick your 3DS. :)

Reactions: rondoh70

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So not only does he post sensitive information that can lead to a patch, but he also has the nerve to be a totally inconsiderate jerk towards everyone else. If the team can't throw out the home brew out there for enough people if it gets patched-do you honestly think they're going to do anything at all just for you? From all of gbatemp-please brick your 3DS. :)

the games it most likely are: pilotwings resort, or OOT or starfox.

and this coming from a guy who talks to himself on IRC and screams Iguana ... im sick of these kiddies.

D

Deleted User

OP
the games it most likely are: pilotwings resort, or OOT or starfox.
That's not what I was talking about but yeah, those are some...but what ever. You don't seem to understand that there's no point in getting homebrew if they can't stop updates.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Im Not even sure if you can Brick a 3DS Yet?

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of wishing bricks on people who may or may not deserve it, can we get on topic? Also, Roguezz is probably right in the fact that you probably shouldn't report every single little tidbit of info you find on this easy to read forum.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Instead of wishing bricks on people who may or may not deserve it, can we get on topic? Also, Roguezz is probably right in the fact that you probably shouldn't report every single little tidbit of info you find on this easy to read forum.
What he said Plus for all we Know Nintendo could be reading this thread right now

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so anyone know if neimods ram dumper was directly used to find this exploit? i mean would someone (like say a flashcard team) be able to find this or a similar exploit in one of the other 67 games or elsewhere ,with just 3dbrew info ,no ram dumper?

cause maybe we will get lucky and this announcement will force some commercial team working on some drm hack behind the scenes to try and speed development of a commercial solution,before an open source one is released

kinda like when geohot was dumping ps3 hypervisor and then ps3 jailbreak got released

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
so anyone know if neimods ram dumper was directly used to find this exploit? i mean would someone (like say a flashcard team) be able to find this or a similar exploit in one of the other 67 games or elsewhere ,with just 3dbrew info ,no ram dumper?

cause maybe we will get lucky and this announcement will force some commercial team working on some drm hack behind the scenes to try and speed development of a commercial solution,before an open source one is released

kinda like when geohot was dumping ps3 hypervisor and then ps3 jailbreak got released
I Highly Highly doubt any exploit will be Open Source Because this is how it would go

1 - Release Exploit Open Source
2 - Nintendo Downloads the Open Source Exploit
3 - Nintendo Patches the Exploit
4 - Nintendo Releases a Hidden Update whenever you connect to Wi-Fi with any Game to Patch the Exploit

Isle41

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What he said Plus for all we Know Nintendo could be reading this thread right now

If you guys can try to guess what game it is, Nintendo already knows it. They can go through the same databases we have and look at their own games coding and then make a logical decision.

Honestly, there's nothing here that Nintendo probably wouldn't know already.

I have a question. Besides buying the game, what other device would I need to patch it? R4i Save Dongle

VinvinMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shub13

Don't yell at me, I am only new with 3DS hacking.

Since you said that there is a chance that this game is exploitable, I also bought it on my 3DS XL. I have two copies now and two exploitable 3DS's.

Thanks, any ETA as to when they will release the files?

Isle41

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@shub13

Since you said that there is a chance that this game is exploitable, I also bought it on my 3DS XL. I have two copies now and two exploitable 3DS's.

Nope. No time given. Sometime during this year. Could be 3 weeks, could be 9 months.
Er.......... you probably only need 1 game cartridge.......... especially since it's not confirmed.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nope. No time given. Sometime during this year. Could be 3 weeks, could be 9 months.
Er.......... you probably only need 1 game cartridge.......... especially since it's not confirmed.
It Likely won't be released this year This way Nintendo Can release FW Updates
and neimod and yellows8 can Make the hole bigger beyond repair

D

Deleted User

OP
@shub13

It is NOT that game-I'm 99% sure of that. rofl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1