Homebrew ninjhax is LIVE

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
awesome! Installed CIA version of the game on my 3DS XL and followed instructions for the exploit! Got it working ! >:D

So does that mean the homebrew menu can be started without using Cubic Ninja?

Nevermind, just re-read the post, and realized you were talking about the game and not the cia version of the homebrew menu.

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
thanks , worked very easily

now , i connected to my 3DS using that program
dragged the SNES emulator to "3DS" folder
what now ? i exited the program and didn't find it in the home brew apps

edit : managed to play donkey kong country
but there is no sound

Either winscp or ftpony will not create folders, you have to manually create a folder and drop the files into it.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do we get the .3dsx version of blarg shown running in smeas video? can someone please post a link to the build with sound in .3dsx format

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do we get the .3dsx version of blarg shown running in smeas video? can someone please post a link to the build with sound in .3dsx format

There is no stable build with sound. You have to compile your own build from the source if you want to test.

cyb0rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what role the Wi-Fi plays in this? What if the Wi-Fi is enabled but the router is off? What happens? Does it just fail? Where is it connecting to? :|

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what role the Wi-Fi plays in this? What if the Wi-Fi is enabled but the router is off? What happens? Does it just fail? Where is it connecting to? :|
It downloads an AES encrypted payload as a stage of the exploit.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't think gateway support 3dsx, I would assume most homebrew authors may eventually pick a format, rather than compile for both.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot that 3dsx can be converted, once a tool is written.
Plus Gateway only seems to allow access to a limit number of services. blargsnes only works with sound using Ninjhax, for example.

D

Deleted User

Plus Gateway only seems to allow access to a limit number of services. blargsnes only works with sound using Ninjhax, for example.

False.

Infact Gateway very much allowed *any* service, including CSND, as they now patch the exheader sig check since omega 2.6.
Someone made a csnd 3ds rom test, and it loads/launches fine on 3DS (so exheader allows it), but when they try to get the handle to csnd service then it fails.

It seems Nintendo only allows system TIDs to use CSND... which is why ninjhax currently works as it seems to hook the browser.

D

Deleted User

Still, for all intents and purposes Gateway still lacks the ability to use the CSND service, right?

Not really. It allows you to use CSND just fine, it's just a matter of creating a proper 3ds file with the right configuration. Someone just needs to figure that part out.

Lur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the homebrew. I would like to know if this can or will allow the console to be region free? I really want to buy gundam the 3d battle. This is all I care about.

Thanks

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the homebrew. I would like to know if this can or will allow the console to be region free? I really want to buy gundam the 3d battle. This is all I care about.

Thanks
" ninjhax does not yet allow people to run software from other regions. This should however be possible at some point in the not-too-distant future."

rlvbrussel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you using the. 3ds? I think it's because of the way Gateway backs up saves. When you load the exploit and then exit, it reboots to your sysnand which prevents Gateway from storing the save. I had the same problem but after installing as a cia, it works fine.

Thank you very much it work!!:yaysp:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up