FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bulletmark said:
I use CFGForwarder58.dol with the latest priiloader 0.6 beta 3 to load CFG loader directly from boot and it works well.

Only problem is, I really dislike that alien splash screen. My wife and kids think it looks evil and it gives the connotation that all this wii hacked software is nefarious in intent. I'd rather a more pleasant splash screen, or none at all. Can anybody point me to such a rebuilt version of CFGForwarder58.dol?
This is the dol from my forwarder v6:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w5d525ymorj2hcj
There is no splash screen and it's priiloader compatible.

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
This is the dol from my forwarder v6:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w5d525ymorj2hcj
There is no splash screen and it's priiloader compatible.
I downloaded that file, renamed your boot.dol to something else and put it on the root partition of my drive. After that, everytime I select "Load install file" in priiloader, it crashes to the register dump screen. Moved your file away, put drive back, and priiloader works ok. Note that priiloader crashes just when it is looking for the list of files to present as options to select for the install file, I don't even get to the point of trying your file. I am using priiloader v0.6, beta 3 (the latest).

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wacko.gif
Sorry, I've uploaded the wrong file! Here is the correct one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x1hdqdosan5nkzh

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
wacko.gif
Sorry, I've uploaded the wrong file! Here is the correct one:
Actually, if you look at my post, the priiloader crash can't really be due to your dol. Priiloader was crashing just trying to list the forwarder names in the directory. I swapped your new dol in and priiloader still dies. So I realised it must be a "number of dols" issue in priiloader. Sure enough I took a couple of others away and priiloader does not crash. That priiloader does not strike me as robust software.
frown.gif

Anyhow, I tried your forwarder out but I think some king of boot splash screen is better than nothing. Otherwise you only see a blank av screen and it looks like the wii is failing to boot.

So, anybody else got a version of CFGForwarder58.dol but with a nice boot splash image rather than that intimating alien?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second that request.

Would anybody be so kind as to post NForwarder58 dol's for WiiFlow and NeoGamma with a black splash screen (not the bare Linux prompt screen), rather than the alien's?

I spent an hour last week trying to comile the forwarders with an all black png but kept receiving an error about some "rules" not being set, so I got frustrated and stopped trying. It would not even complie with the original PNG. I did add the math libraries, by the way.

Best regards.

wowwow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me
im trying to compile my own dols but i get this errors when press alt+1
Code:
> "make" 
dol.c
fileop.c
main.c
pngu.c
video.c
background.png
bin2s -a 32 /c/devkitPro/source/source/images/background.png | powerpc-eabi-as -o background.png.o
echo "extern const u8" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"_end[];" > `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u8" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"[];" >> `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u32" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`_size";" >> `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
linking ... boot.elf
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libogc.a(gu.o): In function `ps_guMtxRotAxisRad':
d:/code/devkitpro/libogc/libogc/gu.c:230: undefined reference to `sinf'
d:/code/devkitpro/libogc/libogc/gu.c:231: undefined reference to `cosf'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libntfs.a(gekko_io.o): In function `ntfs_device_gekko_io_readbytes':
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_readbytes+0xcc): undefined reference to `floor'
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_readbytes+0x134): undefined reference to `ceil'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libntfs.a(gekko_io.o): In function `ntfs_device_gekko_io_writebytes':
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_writebytes+0xf0): undefined reference to `floor'
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_writebytes+0x160): undefined reference to `ceil'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libpng.a(pngrtran.o): In function `png_build_gamma_table':
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0xf8): undefined reference to `pow'
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x2d0): undefined reference to `pow'
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x3ec): undefined reference to `pow'
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x574): undefined reference to `pow'
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x668): undefined reference to `pow'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libpng.a(pngrtran.o):pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x734): more undefined references to `pow' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/devkitPro/source/boot.elf] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:11

LNick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wowwow: This was answered earlier in the thread

spaceman.spiff said:
Probably you are missing the math library in the linking process.
Try adding " -lm " to the "LIBS := " line in the file named Makefile to see if that fixes the problem.

I had the same problem when I first tried compiling forwarders. Make sure you add "-lm" to the end of the "LIBS" line.

eekie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off does anyone know if devkitpro works with programmer's notepad on linux under wine? I've followed the compiling steps and I don't seem to be getting anything for output other than:

> "make"

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:01

should the .dol/.elf be created in the "build" folder?

PS: I've already added the -lm to the end of LIBS: = in the makefile and changed my forwarder path under main.c

Thanks!

wowwow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LNick said:
wowwow: This was answered earlier in the thread

spaceman.spiff said:
Probably you are missing the math library in the linking process.
Try adding " -lm " to the "LIBS := " line in the file named Makefile to see if that fixes the problem.

I had the same problem when I first tried compiling forwarders. Make sure you add "-lm" to the end of the "LIBS" line.

wow i worked
thanks man
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif

eekie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nevermind, I just installed Windows as a virtual box works great! THANKS! Would anyone be willing to test a wad?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-