Hacking NForwarder IOS 58

Venndettta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I go about editing the source so it reads from the 2nd partition of my hard drive? The first one is NTFS and I'd rather keep Wii stuff on FAT32.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can i use customizeMii and extract the dol file from this forwarder and add it to a different forwarder channel and still get the same affect?

I'm wanting to use the wiiflow carbonik forwarder

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
icebrg5 said:
Can i use customizeMii and extract the dol file from this forwarder and add it to a different forwarder channel and still get the same affect?

Yes, I did it to wiiflow starnight forwarder and worked fine (and very fast).

EDIT: I chose comex NAND loader, may it be better with waninkoko's?

Narolez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
icebrg5 said:
Dols for channel injection are included in the archive.
wink.gif

There is no need for extracting the dol from a channel.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
icebrg5 said:

You won't need to do this
wink.gif

I've modified the sources of Narolez , to add my custom splash pictures , and modify the paths (now it only look in SD:apps/wiiflow and USB:apps/wiiflow).
And of course i've injected the dol in all my forwarders , here they are:

- Carbonik = http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/carbonik-Nforwarder58-WFBJ.wad
- Green = http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/green-Nforwarder58-WFBG.wad
- Orange = http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/orange-Nforwarder58-WFBO.wad
- Violet = http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/violet-Nforwarder58-WFBV.wad

Once again , many many thanks to Narolez for this great piece of software , it's very fast !!!
And i'm happy to see you back in the scene btw
wink.gif

Narolez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Venndettta said:
How would I go about editing the source so it reads from the 2nd partition of my hard drive? The first one is NTFS and I'd rather keep Wii stuff on FAT32.
The forwarder should load the dol if it on the second partition and was not found on the first partition. It doesn't matter whether NTFS or FAT32.
Have you tried this?

@Benjay: Nice work! Thanks for the welcome back! I am glad to see you!
wink.gif

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm wondering something.. is possible to give to the forwarder, the name of a original game disc instead USB Loader?
For example, the Forwarder using the Smash Brawl name that count as if you are playing that game.

Venndettta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narolez said:
The forwarder should load the dol if it on the second partition and was not found on the first partition. It doesn't matter whether NTFS or FAT32.
Have you tried this?
Yeah, it doesn't check the 2nd one from what I can tell. I can make it successfully launch apps from the 1st partition, however if I move the apps folder to the 2nd partition, it just reboots to the system menu.

Edit: On a side note, the WiiMC forwarder will boot from the NTFS partition (although it crashes right away) as well as my FAT32 one.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Narolez said:
mgrimmenator said:
nice job, ? would this forwarder load faster than the nforwarder that we have been using for sometime now?
i think is the fastest at the moment.
wink.gif
xD we have used wiimc source before and done the same thing with ios58 as our official wiiflow forwarder, but it tended to have odd issues with some people's wiis with priiloader. Anyways your retries on the usb mounting seems to work a little better than the fix I used for that, so kudo's for that.

Anyways I started yesterday adding some forwarder sources to an svn repo and I'll be adding more so that there are alot of different forwarder styles available for different uses, for example, I made a no-splash version from this nforwarder that cuts over 100kb from the resulting dol and loads 2x as fast.. (our testers say the new nForwarder is about 6-7 seconds and without splash is about 3-4 seconds.)
Ive also added the required libs in a different way, as I dont like telling people to change their libogc simply to compile a forwarder. The mForwarder no-splash can be comiled under any libogc without changes now.

Anyways, I've added that and the unfinished one from the wiiflow source that I modified from wiixplorer source. Also I will be adding ones with animated splash like wiiflow has now, and ones that pass ios args like the unfinished official wiiflow one does.

Narolez if you want we can put yours up there and add you to the svn permissions, so you can keep revision history easier. I did call the svn mForwarders atm because of lack of a better name on the svn but ofc that could change, I just wanna keep it pretty general and add a bunch of different styles that work well.

http://code.google.com/p/mforwarders/

Narolez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Venndettta said:
Narolez said:
Have you tried this?
Yeah, it doesn't check the 2nd one from what I can tell. I can make it successfully launch apps from the 1st partition, however if I move the apps folder to the 2nd partition, it just reboots to the system menu.

Edit: On a side note, the WiiMC forwarder will boot from the NTFS partition (although it crashes right away) as well as my FAT32 one.
Thanks, i will add this to my TODO list. I'm low on time at the moment.

Narolez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mugotu said:
xD we have used wiimc source before and done the same thing with ios58 as our official wiiflow forwarder, but it tended to have odd issues with some people's wiis with priiloader. Anyways your retries on the usb mounting seems to work a little better than the fix I used for that, so kudo's for that.

Anyways I started yesterday adding some forwarder sources to an svn repo and I'll be adding more so that there are alot of different forwarder styles available for different uses, for example, I made a no-splash version from this nforwarder that cuts over 100kb from the resulting dol and loads 2x as fast.. (our testers say the new nForwarder is about 6-7 seconds and without splash is about 3-4 seconds.)
Ive also added the required libs in a different way, as I dont like telling people to change their libogc simply to compile a forwarder. The mForwarder no-splash can be comiled under any libogc without changes now.

Anyways, I've added that and the unfinished one from the wiiflow source that I modified from wiixplorer source. Also I will be adding ones with animated splash like wiiflow has now, and ones that pass ios args like the unfinished official wiiflow one does.

Narolez if you want we can put yours up there and add you to the svn permissions, so you can keep revision history easier. I did call the svn mForwarders atm because of lack of a better name on the svn but ofc that could change, I just wanna keep it pretty general and add a bunch of different styles that work well.

http://code.google.com/p/mforwarders/
Thanks for the hints and your offer to use your SVN. If you give me permission, i will add Nforwarder58 to the mforwarders repository.

raine.sisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, could someone upload a version without the Alienware logo? I've tried myself but I have no clue how to work any of this even with reading the instructions.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to compile this with my own picture. I've never compiled anything before, but I'm following the instructions in the first post and I'm getting the following:-

> "make"
dol.c
fileop.c
main.c
pngu.c
video.c
background.png
bin2s -a 32 /c/Users/Administrator/Downloads/NForwarder58/NForwarder58/src/source/images/background.png | powerpc-eabi-as -o background.png.o
echo "extern const u8" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"_end[];" > `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u8" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"[];" >> `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u32" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`_size";" >> `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
linking ... boot.elf
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libogc.a(gu.o): In function `ps_guMtxRotAxisRad':
d :/code/devkitpro/libogc/libogc/gu.c:230: undefined reference to `sinf'
d :/code/devkitpro/libogc/libogc/gu.c:231: undefined reference to `cosf'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libntfs.a(gekko_io.o): In function `ntfs_device_gekko_io_readbytes':
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_readbytes+0xcc): undefined reference to `floor'
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_readbytes+0x134): undefined reference to `ceil'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libntfs.a(gekko_io.o): In function `ntfs_device_gekko_io_writebytes':
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_writebytes+0xf0): undefined reference to `floor'
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_writebytes+0x160): undefined reference to `ceil'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libpng.a(pngrtran.o): In function `png_build_gamma_table':
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0xf8): undefined reference to `pow'
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x2d0): undefined reference to `pow'
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x3ec): undefined reference to `pow'
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x574): undefined reference to `pow'
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x668): undefined reference to `pow'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libpng.a(pngrtran.o):Pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x734): more undefined references to `pow' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/Users/Administrator/Downloads/NForwarder58/NForwarder58/src/boot.elf] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:14

Help, anybody.

spaceman.spiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
guinness said:
I'm trying to compile this with my own picture. I've never compiled anything before, but I'm following the instructions in the first post and I'm getting the following:-

> "make"
dol.c
fileop.c
main.c
pngu.c
video.c
background.png
bin2s -a 32 /c/Users/Administrator/Downloads/NForwarder58/NForwarder58/src/source/images/background.png | powerpc-eabi-as -o background.png.o
echo "extern const u8" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"_end[];" > `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u8" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"[];" >> `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u32" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`_size";" >> `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
linking ... boot.elf
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libntfs.a(gekko_io.o): In function `ntfs_device_gekko_io_readbytes':
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_readbytes+0xcc): undefined reference to `floor'
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_readbytes+0x134): undefined reference to `ceil'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libntfs.a(gekko_io.o): In function `ntfs_device_gekko_io_writebytes':
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_writebytes+0xf0): undefined reference to `floor'
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_writebytes+0x160): undefined reference to `ceil'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libpng.a(pngrtran.o): In function `png_build_gamma_table':
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libpng.a(pngrtran.o):Pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x734): more undefined references to `pow' follow
make[1]: *** [/c/Users/Administrator/Downloads/NForwarder58/NForwarder58/src/boot.elf] Error 1

Help, anybody.

Probably you are missing the math library in the linking process.
Try adding " -lm " to the "LIBS := " line in the file named Makefile to see if that fixes the problem.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
spaceman.spiff said:
guinness said:

> "make"
dol.c
fileop.c
main.c
pngu.c
video.c
background.png
linking ... boot.elf

Help, anybody.

Probably you are missing the math library in the linking process.
Try adding " -lm " to the "LIBS := " line in the file named Makefile to see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks, but same errors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey