XP
Country
United Kingdom

Â
icon13.gif
ÂCaution! NDS tool bricks your DS!Â
icon13.gif

ÂDS scene stoops to new lows.

A new tool, named "r0mloader" and "CrashMe" apparently released by Darkfader that promises to run ROMs from the Supercard and GBA Movie Player in fact erases lots of critical files from your flash devices and even parts of the firmware from the DS, rendering them useless!

Here's a quote from the readme...

readme said:
r0m loader for Nintendo DS

It automatically patches the game during load.

You can switch DS card/GBA cart save and save settings per game.

Put the loader on a CF or SD card together with the NDS files.

Start the loader and select the NDS to play!

Enjoy.

Currently supports:

* Supercard

* GBA Movie player

Future support:

* G6

* M3

Whatever you do, do not run or use this software in any way. It can brick your DS.

These files are showing up in different forms, some even disguised as games... so be very careful at the moment with what you do.

Please head over to this topic for more information.

Thanks to enarky and dEC0DED for the information.

tomdarth5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The code used in the original bricking application has been ripped and now is being added to other homebrew and romsso if you run one without checking it first you'll end up with a dead Nintendo DS, GBAMP and/or SuperCard. This is a verycounter-productive move on the Nintendo DS's Development Community as their code to disrupt piracy (which they helped create) is now being used in their own programs!
From Supercard site

what we need is some kind of utility to check for this code as if they are merging it with homebrew and roms there will be no way of knowing if anything is truly clean or not!

mad.gif

It's just this kind of malicious shit that makes my blood boil!

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some kind file checker was made for the psp to detect if the files were bad or not. Lets just hope someone write one for the DS or they update the flashme program.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Just like the odds were aginst mondayz when he released a virused version of that GBAsharky tool or w/e it was, remember guys? And it turns out it wasnt him, it was some other bastard who RC'd him and modified the app the night before.

Every turned against mondayz, and all those who did were slapped with the glove of humiliation.

I'm gonna sit on the sidelines for this one. Thanks for the info anyway, guys
smile.gif

Hellfenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DSDEV is NOTTTTTTTTTTTT Supporting this ever! Dsdev is a friendly ds deving community, if you don't beleive me go see BigRedPimp's blog and read what he thinks about this whole shit!
You guys just assumed they are supporting him, stop following what you hear and find out by yourselves!

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dunno what to think personally, I think DF just gets alot of flack because he was so instrumental in creating the DS scene. He's like Bill Gates, people blame stuff on him even if he had nothing to do with it.

I'll need a bit more evidence than some .txt IRC logs to convince me he did it. Innocent until proven guilty, I say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo