Newly registered "Sonic X Shadow Generations" domain has been spotted

Screenshot from 2024-01-30 09-19-01.png

Rumours about an upcoming Sonic Generations Remaster have been swirling around in several websites, with apparent leaks floating around with hints at a possible port or even a remaster of the now 10+ years old title.

Today, a very intuitive fan by the name of MbKKssTBhz5 managed to find a new domain registration by the name of "Sonic X Shadow Generations", registered back in January 9th, 2024, which adds fuel to the circulating rumour about a possible imminent announcement for a resurgence of the Generations entry in the Sonic franchise. While fans where quick to catch the domain, trying to access it returns a "403 Error", with the message that the access "request [was] blocked".

It's possible that this could be a fan-registered website, however, some people have compared this to the Sonic Superstars leaks that made their rounds a few months ago, with a similar masking system to block any access request to the website, so it could very well be a legitimate website registered by SEGA in preparation for an upcoming announcement (which many cite could be in the upcoming PlayStation "State of Play" this Wednesday, January 31st.

:arrow: Sonic X Shadow Generations website (Unavailable at the time of writing)

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lets hope its not a lazy port with no added content otherwise whats the point. Oh also saying this now, THEY CAN KEEP THEIR REMASTERED IF THEY'RE NOT GONNA FIX THE TIME EATER BOSS!!!

Obviously nothing confirmed but that might be cool. Hopefully they've learned from Colors remastered that it's not because the base game was well received that it doesn't mean that the remaster doesn't need to be well-made

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
who is that supposed to be?
Guessing he's expecting this to be a buggy remaster because of what Blind Squirrel did last time with Colors.
Given the new rumors of the Shadow side being an entirely new thing though (see LightBeam's post), I have doubts it'll be made by them now.

We'll see later, anyway.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Obviously nothing confirmed but that might be cool. Hopefully they've learned from Colors remastered that it's not because the base game was well received that it doesn't mean that the remaster doesn't need to be well-made

I'm always up for a new quality Sonic game, but at the same time it disappoints me that Sega doesn't release any old arcade-exclusive title for Consoles/PC.

Reactions: James_

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I am gonna say probably a compilation of Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, repackaged for videogame consoles and maybe with graphical upgrades.

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'm always up for a new quality Sonic game, but at the same time it disappoints me that Sega doesn't release any old arcade-exclusive title for Consoles/PC.
Were they even told by anyone to do that? I mean did a lot of people write them or perhaps some petition? Maybe that will convince them?

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be nice to see some of their arcade titles old and new get re-releases on consoles and PC at some point, though I don't think enough people would be interested in some of the less well-known titles.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice to see some of their arcade titles old and new get re-releases on consoles and PC at some point, though I don't think enough people would be interested in some of the less well-known titles.
They could do a Sega Ages compilation of them and this time, don't try to improve it, just keep as it is.

It's Sega so it's not happening.
Post automatically merged:

Were they even told by anyone to do that? I mean did a lot of people write them or perhaps some petition? Maybe that will convince them?
There are fans who really want it, including myself, but the only way to play them is via emulation. :/

Reactions: James_

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cant wait for them to delist sonic generations, acting like it never happened and then release a seizure version of it.
That was such a great game that it even got mulitple demos with some differences.

On Xbox 360 you can load them to your USB and play them, they're available for download at Digiex.net and you don't need a hacked console, an official one will do.

It sure would be nice to see Generations re-released for PS5/PS4/Xbox/Switch 2 (PC is way ahead of that remaster).

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can understand that sentiment for sure. Personally I can't be too mad at Sega after them announcing a new Crazy Taxi, Street of Rage, Golden Axe, Jet Set Radio and Shinobi on one go ...
We can hope they'll still use their catalogue and re-release some old games, would love Daytona to come on Steam

Update : https://x.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1752817294135476462?s=20
Even the website is shadowgenerations.com lol

Last edited by LightBeam,

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Shadowgenerations.com? But what about that domain then? Does it redirect for that too?

ah...the other way ..shadowgenerations.com redirects to https://sonicxshadowgenerations.com/

Also when is Christopher Nolan directing? There's a sequence in the trailer that is reminescent of "Inception" (though I never saw that film actually I just know the memes) and people compared Dream Team to that as well.....

Shadow spinoff directed by Nolan?

:rofl2:

Dr. Robotnik? I'm CIA.

CIA...DEEPEST LORE
https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Central_Information_Agency

for some reason this doesn't load now...but its this picture in attachment
https://me.me/i/the-hedgeheg-bio-cia-was-born-with-a-special-power-1491381
ciahed.jpeg

Last edited by LeoTCK,

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
As funny as the title is, they could have just said "&" not X.
I decided to go check 4chan for a moment out of curiosity and it turns out the last generals they had are titled

/sthg/ #6599 - SONADOW GENERATIONS Edition
/sthg/ #6601 - Sonic inside of Shadow Edition
/sthg/ #6603 - Autofellatio Edition
:rofl2: :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

• Wow
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol