Hacking Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii is out now.

MBison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the Torrent has both but yeah i only used NTSC.wfbs file..................

Thanks for replying! Helpful!

Since I have your attention and I'm curious, this Newer Super Mario Bros. has me interested in other custom mods/hacks.. do most of them require stuff or are there ones that are launchable from a CFG USB Loader type deal... I saw the posts about patching to get this to work and mentioning one ones I saw (Such as NSMBW Summer Sun). Just curious cause I'm interested in collecting some of these but wouldn't know what to do unless they just worked straight up on USB Launcher.

Thanks for any help :)

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ran the patcher, input my WBFS file for NSMBW got a new WBFS file put that in a new folder called "NEWER SUPER MARIO BROS" and USB Loader GX doesn't seem to see it, am I missing something?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I used WiiBackup Manager to transfer it over.

Maybe try USB:/wbfs/Newer SMBW [SMNx03]/SMNx03.wbfs
Where x is the letter for your region (J, E, or P).

Also guys, update on the patcher, has its own thread now too.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

sybernite0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I ran the patcher, input my WBFS file for NSMBW got a new WBFS file put that in a new folder called "NEWER SUPER MARIO BROS" and USB Loader GX doesn't seem to see it, am I missing something?
this happened to me. what i did was convert my original wbfs to iso using wii backup manager, use the patch on the newly created iso file, then convert the patched iso file back to wbfs. ( i chose iso as the output for the patched file.) before this, i tried choosing wbfs as the output file but my usb loaders wouldnt recognize it. i tried renaming the file, shortening the filename, everything i could think of. now everything is working fine. im currently at the first hidden world. ( autumn forest world?)

ps. ALWAYS use Wii backup manager to transfer the files. i thought moving the wbfs file directly to the hard drive doesn't matter but it does.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this happened to me. what i did was convert my original wbfs to iso using wii backup manager, use the patch on the newly created iso file, then convert the patched iso file back to wbfs. ( i chose iso as the output for the patched file.) before this, i tried choosing wbfs as the output file but my usb loaders wouldnt recognize it. i tried renaming the file, shortening the filename, everything i could think of. now everything is working fine. im currently at the first hidden world. ( autumn forest world?)

ps. ALWAYS use Wii backup manager to transfer the files. i thought moving the wbfs file directly to the hard drive doesn't matter but it does.

Did you make sure you used the correct naming scheme?

Hand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello.
How to throw a turtle shell upwards?
I am using Dolphin and I have this problem in both original and Newer games.

McShaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow! This custom is fucking awesome.
Thank's for this.
I burn and play and I surprised with the quality of the levels.
Greetings.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem. I'm using a pre-patched version (gotten from torrent, NTSC-only one) and I can't figure out the first boss. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to pick up and throw the blocks at the boss, but Mario just refuses to pick them up. Am I doing something wrong, or is it an issue with my copy of the game?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a problem. I'm using a pre-patched version (gotten from torrent, NTSC-only one) and I can't figure out the first boss. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to pick up and throw the blocks at the boss, but Mario just refuses to pick them up. Am I doing something wrong, or is it an issue with my copy of the game?
If playing on a real Wii using the wiimote sideways, just hold 1 button and jig the wiimote up to pick up an object, if I remember correctly. Using something else as a controller, you'll have to make some trial and error testing.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny enough, it had just occurred to me that I forgot that I need to shake the remote for things. I tried absolutely everything EXCEPT shaking the controller to pick it up. You would think that it would be easier to just make it holding the 1 button to pick things up like in the older games. Thanks for the help. I was worried it was a bug or something.

Now I feel kind of stupid...

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno if anyone made one of these yet, but here it is. I modified the original banner with the newer logo so people loading the ISO version from a USB Loader can have a different banner.

qwef.png
<--- ignore the new bit there, it's a USB Loader GX thing.
USBLoader_GX_Screen_Shot_Jun2203024013.png

Download the .BNR

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just 100%'d the game, and a message appeared, telling me that a new challenge awaited me if i pressed A+B+Plus in the star coin menu, but nothing happens...?

I dunno if my timing is off, but how do i know if it worked outside of trying the levels?

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just 100%'d the game, and a message appeared, telling me that a new challenge awaited me if i pressed A+B+Plus in the star coin menu, but nothing happens...?

I dunno if my timing is off, but how do i know if it worked outside of trying the levels?
It's called Hard Mode, with that option, you can play the stages again with harder difficulty and less time :lol:
Portuguese, just in case i will put in a spoiler:
É chamado de "Hard Mode", com essa opção, você pode jogar as fases novamente com uma dificuldade maior e menos tempo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work