Gaming New Zelda Trailer - Scheduled 2015 Release Date

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love the look of it. But I'm not bothered how a Zelda game looks, its all about how it plays and all Zelda games play amazing (minus phantom hourglass, the main temple was a pain in the ass) this will get me to buy a Wii u when its released

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The cel-shaded look still bugs me...
An option to have either real textures or cel-shaded textures is too much to ask? XD
Although I really loved Skyward Sword and it's art, I don't really find myself being too fond of cel-shaded art, I am seeing too much of it and it's getting on my nerves :/

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bit in two minds at the moment: clearly there's a long way to go too... The vista, and scenery in general looks superb, but that enemy, and Link himself look shite - some cross between Skyward Sword Link (meh & eyeliner) and a chav.... Is that fight scene scripted or random? ...If random does that bridge stay smashed, etc etc... too early to judge this one, but we've got a first look, and that'll do for now!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally can't wait. I'm sorry but people who want a more serious, mature Zelda game, go play Darksiders.

There's a difference between "moody and atmospheric" and "stupidly grimdark." If I wanted the Darksiders aesthetic, I'd go to the local Hot Topic and buy some Disturbed shirts.

This anime-ish, BEAUTIFUL art style they're going with, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

>Anime-ish
>BEAUTIFUL

ehhhhh.

My problem with the Skyward Sword/Zelda Wii U style is that it's kind of flat and plastic-looking, especially when it comes to faces (Link's eyes sorta look like they could peel off like stickers). It's just this weird hybrid of the styles of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and it just ends up lacking the strengths of either.

We'll need to see more before we can say anything definitively. At the very least, though, I hope they crank down the bloom. What's the point of creating all this luscious scenery if you're going to drown it under all that obnoxious lighting?

Reactions: AceWarhead

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a difference between "moody and atmospheric" and "stupidly grimdark." If I wanted the Darksiders aesthetic, I'd go to the local Hot Topic and buy some Disturbed shirts.

>Anime-ish
>BEAUTIFUL

ehhhhh.

My problem with the Skyward Sword/Zelda Wii U style is that it's kind of flat and plastic-looking, especially when it comes to faces (Link's eyes sorta look like they could peel off like stickers). It's just this weird hybrid of the styles of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and it just ends up lacking the strengths of either.

We'll need to see more before we can say anything definitively. At the very least, though, I hope they crank down the bloom. What's the point of creating all this luscious scenery if you're going to drown it under all that obnoxious lighting?

Iono, to me it looks better than Wind Waker and Twilight's art style. See I come from this mindset, that when I'm playing a Zelda game, I like to see lots of color. Which is probably why I like the original titles so much, and Wind Waker. But at the same time, I also like the more realistic-ish look (without over doing it like Twilight) like say in Ocarina of Time.

Yeah the bloom is a bit much (I personally don't mind it, I'd rather the bloom over the blurry effect in Skyward Sword), but who knows, maybe there's a day and night cycle like there was in Ocarina of Time.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iono, to me it looks better than Wind Waker and Twilight's art style. See I come from this mindset, that when I'm playing a Zelda game, I like to see lots of color. Which is probably why I like the original titles so much, and Wind Waker. But at the same time, I also like the more realistic-ish look (without over doing it like Twilight) like say in Ocarina of Time.

Except Twilight Princess had plenty of color, it was just smartly used. The color of Hyrule was used to contrast with the Twilight Realm and sell the gloomy atmosphere. It's also pretty stylized, but the style fits the world the game is trying to create. Skyward Sword's style is just sort of garish, and kind of ill-fitting for the sort of "grand adventure" tale.

Yeah the bloom is a bit much (I personally don't mind it, I'd rather the bloom over the blurry effect in Skyward Sword), but who knows, maybe there's a day and night cycle like there was in Ocarina of Time.

To be fair, it looks better in screenshots, but the bloom really kills it in motion. There's a lot of nice little details, but if you can't make them out, what was the point?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
What, you're not down with the sickness?

>Anime-ish
>BEAUTIFUL

ehhhhh.

You're right, we do need to see more. We've only seen a small amount of the game so far; for all we know, moody and atmospheric could feature quite a lot in the rest of it. I certainly think that the art style they've chosen wouldn't restrict them in that sense.

One thing I do wish for is a proper voice for every character in the game, especially Zelda and Ganondorf. I'm sick of Nintendo games using gibberish or single words for entire sections of dialog like "Listen!", "Ah!", "Oy!" and so on. Pay some good money for decent voice acting for a change, Nintendo! Skyward Sword had a very small "cast", so it could have been really easy with that game. This has really started to irk me lately, even more so with Mario games, it feels really lazy. No offence to Charles Martinet, but sometimes I feel that his voice is holding Mario back (because it would be really annoying to listen to him trying to say longer phrases).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto