xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much own all the zelda games. So this is a no brainer i am going to get it.
I just hope its a N switch launch game. That way i wont have to buy it on the wii u then the N switch.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much own all the zelda games. So this is a no brainer i am going to get it.
I just hope its a N switch launch game. That way i wont have to buy it on the wii u then the N switch.
I believe some time ago they announced its march release date stating it would be a launch title on the NX.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Looks good. Not going to get hyped or anything. Just release it when it's ready, N.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game does nothing for me. I don't even think it looks that good visually. Trees magically turning in to bundles of wood. Vast blank land.
Of course it looks bland, they removed all of the NPCs and settlements for the purpose of not spoiling anything. I have faith that Nintendo understands how not to make a vast, empty overworld after Twilight Princess.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Of course it looks bland, they removed all of the NPCs and settlements for the purpose of not spoiling anything. I have faith that Nintendo understands how not to make a vast, empty overworld after Twilight Princess.

Seeing a village in a trailer has never ruined a games story before but people blindly believe this to be true for zelda.

I mean wouldn't it make more sense to make the npc not interactive if you didn't want the story to be ruined. Not just delete them altogether???

Any really, how often has a zelda story been THAT complicated or compelling? Majoras mask is the only one that comes to mind. And villages were not deleted in its trailers.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing a village in a trailer has never ruined a games story before but people blindly believe this to be true for zelda.
They've said that they removed those things because they don't want to spoil in any way how Link interacts with people and settlements, as it's supposedly pivotal to the gameplay. It's not like other game trailers because this game is supposed to be very different.

Any really, how often has a zelda story been THAT complicated or compelling?
I see Zelda as having some of the most compelling stories of any games I've played. It's what draws me to them. Another reason we don't see much substance for story yet with BoTW is because the story is optional this time.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
does no one ever learn that that's not how physics works? you cant propel a boat by applying force into its sail while standing on it if the force originates from you, the opposite force would simply push you back with an equal force, making you float still.
I see you don't watch Mythbusters. ;)

JasmineJas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic but I'm just so hyped for this. Come march, this is all I plan to be doing after my kid goes to sleep. If my wife wants to watch TV....well, GamePad ftw.

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno.

Japanese developers recently have a huge hard-on for BIGGU OPEN WARUDOS! MGSV, Xenoblade X, FFXV. They've been seeing western games sell so well and they think that's the key, that gamers just want giant open worlds of nothingness.

I wouldn't get any hopes up in imagining there's more than two towns at all in the entire world of Breath of the Wild.

With that said, I only have two hopes for the game.

- Epilogue post-game, FFXV is confirmed to have that now. Basically continue playing after the final boss and wrap up side quests/collectibles. Much nicer than having a save file before the final fight. Paper Mario TTYD did this too, don't know why I remember that.
- Possibly flying mounts, it would only make sense for a giant open world like this, as long as it's a reward towards late/end-game, to not cheapen the exploration (like Xenoblade X), or you have to do certain things to unlock flying in each area (like FFXIV's Aether Currents)

If those aren't in, then I'll just play the game for what it is. If it is 100% a launch title, then this will be first ever console I'll buy at launch in my life.

Last edited by Nevermore,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Of course it looks bland, they removed all of the NPCs and settlements for the purpose of not spoiling anything.
If you are going to the effort of making a special build to generate a trailer or demo something for a show then you can surely grab someone that knows the story and the game to say don't show that, that is OK, be careful doing that.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of question is that? And, it's not the "NX" but NS now.
"Nice Shot"?
"Non-Smoker"?
"Not Sure"?
"No S**t"?
I thought it was the nintendo switch, but that's just me.
It is a very odd claim. I'm sure the reasoning is odd too. Is it story related? hook related? conceptual related? I mean, if it's based off the original zelda game, all you find are strange people lying in caves distributing swords as a basis for chosen ones. I was just assuming we wouldn't see many people at all because of that. Proper villages under siege from eeeeeevil are always lovely though.

Last edited by osaka35,

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Nice Shot"?
"Non-Smoker"?
"Not Sure"?
"No S**t"?
I thought it was the nintendo switch, but that's just me.

It is a very odd claim. I'm sure the reasoning is odd too. Is it story related? hook related? conceptual related? I mean, if it's based off the original zelda game, all you find are strange people lying in caves distributing swords as a basis for chosen ones. I was just assuming we wouldn't see many people at all because of that. Proper villages under siege from eeeeeevil are always lovely though.

I wouldn't pay it too much attention. Nintendo probably has a good reason and in the end, as long as the game turns out great (which it most likely will) no one will give a damn about a few empty spots in the game. I usually think of it like wind waker on GC. Plenty of open spaces (too much in my humble opinion) but it didn't stop the game from being darn good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night