donut32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Very cool. Was holding off getting a WiiU, but that second vid makes me consider it again. Looks great.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does no one ever learn that that's not how physics works? you cant propel a boat by applying force into its sail while standing on it if the force originates from you, the opposite force would simply push you back with an equal force, making you float still.

Reactions: ZoneBlaze

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does no one ever learn that that's not how physics works? you cant propel a boat by applying force into its sail while standing on it if the force originates from you, the opposite force would simply push you back with an equal force, making you float still.
I believe Aonuma (I think it was him) already commented on it at E3 or whenever it was that they showed a bunch of footage. I don't recall the exact comment, but it was to the affect of saying that something like that would not work in real life, but this is a fantasy that follows its own set of logic. So yes, they are quite aware that physics does not work that way, but it's ****ing Zelda, not Universe Sandbox. You also don't become heavier when you take the iron boots that you're carrying with you and put them on your feet. Well, I guess more accurately, you don't become lighter when you take them off and carry them instead of wear them. But it fits within the fantasy world created and by not being sticklers to accurate physics, they can instead focus on making it fun.

vinipeix

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no living soul confirmed...
they said they removed NPC from the demo to not spoil us, but they are still not showing any village or living people.
currently the world looks nice, but empty.

I think the first time they shown that game it had villagers in the background.. or was it animals only?
edit: yes, that one from E3 2014 we can see a peasant near the goats
edit: funny, it had a release date for 2015

The closest thing to a person we've seen until now (besides the old man) is the lumberjack (?) at the e3 trailer

There's also some Koroks here and there but they don't make the world feel less empty... It wouldn't hurt to show us some people wandering around :/

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That looks really nice.

That raft is lesson 101 in troll physics.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only in a closed system. The wind still goes somewhere.
Untitled.png

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only in a closed system. The wind still goes somewhere.
View attachment 66955
if the wind is in fact being pushed by the fan, the opposing force being exerted on link, and therefore the raft would be equal. The force of the wind being reflected off the sail would provide such a minimal amount of kinetic force that even blowing on the raft from land would get you better results. though, seeing as links items are magic, it is likely that the wind is being generated by an alternative force and therefore the opposing force would not be on link, allowing for movement. but i'm using real physics to overanalyse a video game, so there's really no point.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, My internet was being shitty so I didn't look at the video and assumed he was using a gust jar (AKA the theoretical "bag of winds"). The Deku leaf from Windwaker had a force multiplier so that might be what's going on here.

Reactions: Condarkness

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to counter the mythbusters post. the electric fan and deku leaf are totally different forces. the mythbusters were able to turn the rotational force, caused by the slight offset of equal forces meeting, paired with the slight opposing force from reflected air, into forward momentum by turning the initial force and creating an opposing rotation. this is similar to the way you can push yourself forward in an office chair without touching the ground by using your feet to rotate the wheel hub. the deku leaf (if we use real physics for a fan of equal size and shape as the deku leaf) would not work quite the same way. while you would get a rotational force in a similar way, the force would be so incredible small that the rotation would be equally small, and dissipate quickly enough that you would be unable to create a second opposing rotation quick enough to get forward movement. but again, real physics dont apply, and my original post was a joke.

Last edited by samcambolt270,

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to be THAT GUY, but I guess I'll have to do it. This game does not look good at all to me. I'm hoping it is just bare bones and will be improved. The stealth doesn't look like it works right. It looks really easy to kill everything. The world, despite the beautiful graphics, is lifeless. It seems too cookie cutter (Example: Let's push this giant boulder down a hill and watch as it rolls over those two perfectly aligned enemies). Zelda is trying to be Skyrim, but it will probably do a terrible job. The enemy AI looks terrible. It looks like the beginning part of Windwaker when you have to save Tetra in the forest, and you have to kill some random enemies multiplied by 100.
I'm going to get bored after about five minutes of sneaking up on some super generic and easy to kill monsters and their camps. It's like on Windwaker when you ride your boat up to the one of the rafts where the enemy is sleeping. You just knock him off or kill him and move on. It's boring and uninspired.
I really hope I'm wrong.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't want to be THAT GUY, but I guess I'll have to do it. This game does not look good at all to me. I'm hoping it is just bare bones and will be improved.

Compared to the earlier footage this was improved, far less barebones and I think they even tweaked the visuals a bit. I agree though, this still has far too many of the hallmarks of "company sees the money skyrim makes and reckons they and 10 mates can do that too". Better than it was is still not enough to assuage my doubts.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't want to be THAT GUY, but I guess I'll have to do it. This game does not look good at all to me. I'm hoping it is just bare bones and will be improved. The stealth doesn't look like it works right. It looks really easy to kill everything. The world, despite the beautiful graphics, is lifeless. It seems too cookie cutter (Example: Let's push this giant boulder down a hill and watch as it rolls over those two perfectly aligned enemies). Zelda is trying to be Skyrim, but it will probably do a terrible job. The enemy AI looks terrible. It looks like the beginning part of Windwaker when you have to save Tetra in the forest, and you have to kill some random enemies multiplied by 100.
I'm going to get bored after about five minutes of sneaking up on some super generic and easy to kill monsters and their camps. It's like on Windwaker when you ride your boat up to the one of the rafts where the enemy is sleeping. You just knock him off or kill him and move on. It's boring and uninspired.
I really hope I'm wrong.

I agree. This game does nothing for me. I don't even think it looks that good visually. Trees magically turning in to bundles of wood. Vast blank land.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad