Hacking new with noobish questions

andy holden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok guys i bought a wii u and decided to try and get everything together to softmod the console, iv followed text and video guides and having no luck

im trying to mod with smash bros brawl, i do everything right and it just will not start installing the software, once i get to the stage of inserting my card nothing happens when i go into the menus

a few details wich may or may not be causing me problems are, im in the uk, so using pal games, im not sure if iv got all the right files, especially the smashstack exploit, my console is also connected to the internet and i presume updated to the latest version, can anyone help me out.

andy holden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pretty much as i said, i load the hackmii and smashctack onto my card, go to the section where you delete the levels, back out to main screen, insert the SD card, go back the same screen, i forget what its called, but basically the part where everything is meant to install, and nothing, iv tried 2 variations one using this guide and another similar one, but nothing, i do seem to be struggling getting the pal version of smashstack though, the file that i go im not even sure if its the right thing or not

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I will try to help you :)

Have you tried following the guide below but with your step 3 Smash Stack not step 3 Batman, step by step, sometimes these youtube videos are not exactly thorough! It will work on the latest FW5.4.0, so that's not your problem, don't worry.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/

You need to follow this bit below step 3, instead of the Batman bit:-

Important Note: An SDHC card will not work with Super Smash Brothers Brawl. You must have an SD card that is 2GB or less.

1. Go to the stage builder, move any existing custom stages on Brawl to your SD card, and exit the stage builder. Smash Stack will not work if the console has any custom stages on it, even the three samples that come with a new file or the stages from the Smash Service. You will need to wait at least 24 hours for the stage from the Smash Service to be automatically deleted before trying to run this exploit. DO NOT go on Wi-Fi once the Smash Service stage is deleted.
  2. Connect the SD card to your computer and rename the "private" folder to "privateold" in the root of the SD card.
  3. Copy the "private" folder from the Smash Stack download to the root of the SD card.
  4. Grab a *.elf file (HackMii Installer's boot.elf works) and put that in the root of the SD card.
  5. Insert the SD card into the Wii. Note that the Wii U system menu deletes Smash Stack so do not insert the SD card until you are in Brawl.
  6. Go back to the stage builder and the .elf file will load.
NOTE: Sometimes the game hangs if you try this and the .elf file will NOT load. If this happens, you need to unplug the Wii U and plug the Wii U back in and try again.

Edit: also it is the Wii PAL version of Super Smash Bros your using and not the NTSC version and another silly/obvious question, your not trying it with a back up?

Last edited by Reecey,

andy holden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iv managed to get that working, and tbf i was playing fine, now im having issues with nintendont, the problem itself seems to be with a ps3 controller, if i dont have the controller plugged in games load fine, but obviously then i have no way of playing them, but if i boot the game up with controller in it just freezes on the splash screen of nintendont, grrrrrrrrrrr

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
iv managed to get that working, and tbf i was playing fine, now im having issues with nintendont, the problem itself seems to be with a ps3 controller, if i dont have the controller plugged in games load fine, but obviously then i have no way of playing them, but if i boot the game up with controller in it just freezes on the splash screen of nintendont, grrrrrrrrrrr
I know you are new buddy but you must look around for these sorts of issues as well, try googling before asking or look in the actual Nintendont thread, it might help you out!. I have found your solution in 2mins. by googling> https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/issues/detail?id=29. You need the latest Nintendont revision on your WiiU for the PS3 controller to work properly without crashing in game>https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/list

Last edited by Reecey,

andy holden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Except im using the latest versions. It was working fine. Now it wont work at all unless i unplug the controller. Then the game loads.before if i pressed the ps button it would have 1 solid red light but now it blinks all 4 lights like its not connected

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Except im using the latest versions. It was working fine. Now it wont work at all unless i unplug the controller. Then the game loads.before if i pressed the ps button it would have 1 solid red light but now it blinks all 4 lights like its not connected
Yeah your right it does sound like the actual PS3 controller is not on, blinking 4 lights? The only thing I can think off trying is delete the Nintedont folder off your SD card and start again or plug your PS3 controller into your PS3, start it, take it back out and plug it back into your WiiU to sort of restart your PS3 controller. It might have something to do with your PS3 controller, maybe its faulty cause I have never come across that issue.

andy holden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just done both, running out of patience with it now, i dont get why it was working one minute then not the next thought, iv even formatted the SD card etc, its 100% something to do with the controller, and from google it does appear others have had it, but only a few with no real fix. iv ordered a classic controller now, so will have to wait till that turns up, wish there was another way to test it on another app though or something to see if its nintendont im having the issue with or the controller itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro