tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kat499 said:
Can someone clarify what the last instruction of step 4 means?

"Enter the wood_r4_v1.XX directory, delete _DS_MENU.DAT and r4crypt.exe, now copy the entire contents of the directory to your MicroSD card."

where do you enter the wood_r4_v1.XX directory? where do you delete the ds menu.DAT?
Just ignore that bit, follow the image instead.
XXX.gif

wood_r4_v1.XX means wood_r4_v1.07, wood_r4_v1.08 etc.

I added that because people asked me to as they wanted to use Wood R4 with their original R4 Software. You only need to follow the last section of step 4 if you want to do that too. Personally I don't point, as to me Wood R4 is better.

However to make it easier If you want to do that just extract this archive http://rapidshare.com/files/392310491/wood_r4_v1.08.zip to the root directory of your MicroSD card. Then boot your R4 up using your normal software, and there will be a WOODR4.NDS in the file browser. Launch that and Wood R4 will start.

edit: It wasn't totally clear in the guide, so i've done a quick edit to make it clearer. I still need to do a bit of work to the guide.

kat499

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how can you get a "fixed" game like America's Test Kitchen to work on the Wood R4?

Do i just add a ds rom of that game that isn't working properly and put it in the game folder? Or is there some special method to make it work properly with Wood R4?

Can someone help me out please? I'm new to this.. thanks
smile.gif

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

appledrank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I read through this and it helped a lot.

One thing though, I don't think your Save Converter works?
It's a .download file off of filetrip.

Or maybe I'm doing it wrong? Please let me know. Thanks
smile.gif

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I did modify it so instead of having to extract it to the MicroSD card, you could just run it as an exe and it should automatically detect which drive your MicroSD is. I checked and it works fine on my Windows 7 x64 and Vista x86.

What windows are you using?

Try basher's link again, and if it doesn't work i'll upload the bat file for you. All it's actually doing is renaming the *.sav files to *.nds.sav which you can do from a command prompt by typing in ren *.sav *.nds.sav

Unless you are refering to the (Linux, Mac OS) one, in which case you should PM the author iXXi and let him know there's an issue with it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

I use r4 clone and i made it so that it's my second OS.

now i was just wondering...

HOW THE H*** DO I SAVE ON IT!?

I really want to play bowsers inside story, but i can't because it's stuck on the loading screen.

and my Maplestory DS rom is too.

HELP!

EDIT: Rofl i use R4 SDHC, not a clone(thats what i was told by a friend)

riverchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide. The renaming tool gives me a .download file, so i used another program. You made me switch back to mah good 'ol DSL

appledrank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To update to a new firmware, we'd just extract all the files into the root directory, right?

And replace the old ones?

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
champ2131 said:
I keep getting the "? Menu" on the top screen....using a DSi & R4i card....any suggestions?
That's because Wood only works on original R4 carts, or 1:1 clones of the original R4.

Your best bet is to get an Acekard 2i or use YSmenu. You will not get Wood working on your R4i.

Thanatos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to disable/hide the copy/cut/paste/delete functions? im giving a wood r4 cart to my nephew full of games he owns so he can carry it around instead of 15+ carts but i dont want to have to worry about him deleting a bunch of games or making a dozen copies cause then i have to try and fix it over the phone (hes a couple states away)

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, that's only possible on AKAIO.

You could ask Y.W.G to include the same option on Wood.

If you are able to compile Wood yourself (source is in the links) it should be very easy to disable the start menu, it's not something i've tried myself.

Florio

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hope you can help me, as I am a grandfather and a bit old for all of this!! I bought an R4 over a year ago for my grandson's Nintendo DS Lite, and have been putting the occasional game on it for him. Lately I've had problems with some of the games, as they seem to open but then the screen goes completley black (or white!) and the game hangs. I read that the R4Wood 1.09 can help fix this problem, and so today I downloaded it. I have two important questions.

Firstly, there are already two file folders (-system- and moonshl) plus three other system files (_DS_MENU.DAT, _DS_MENU.SYS and _DS_MSHL.DS) installed in the root directory. Which, if any of these, should I remove before installing the -rpg folder and the new _DS_MENU.DAT from the extracted Wood file?

Secondly, I've read that all SAV.files will need to be renamed as .NDS.SAV. Does my grandson risk losing the games he's already saved? Could I avoid problems here by renaming the files via file manager on my PC before installing the Wood files?

Looking forward to your reply

Florio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof