Gaming NEW PSP @ E3 200, UMD = DEAD FORMAT

Soopy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just bought a psp slim console today. if this is true then i will probably end up returning the game and waiting for the redesign...but i really doubt anything like this will happen, especially with the psp slim sales picking up dramatically.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The UMD being a dead format is news? *rimshot* Though I have a feeling they're not going to put out a new PSP yet. It's like the so-called speculation of a new DS model, especially due to the Disgaea advert. I personally wouldn't get a new PSP even if it was a next-generation kind of thing, since I'm getting all the mileage out of what I have now, and a touchscreen on another handheld...bleh.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt this would be a 'redesign'. More like the next handheld in the 'family'. There would be too many new features that existing games wouldn't be able to use. What about the 2 people that don't pirate their games on memory sticks that still need to use their UMD's? No UMD drive makes that pretty tough. Etc. I think it's too soon for Sony to be thinking about replacing the PSP, unless they're trying to make a serious commitment to the handheld arena, and push aside the original PSP as if it never existed.

Mentz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mentzland.co.uk
XP
Country
Italy
deez_nutz said:
http://psp.ign.com/articles/886/886211p2.html

-No UMD
-Touch Screen
-Dual Analog
-UMD Format = Obsolete

The article also mentions that PSP software has dried up.

It should be the PSP-Phone...
hate2.gif

A phone can't have an UMD slot and a new (useless) firmware every week...

New Psp = new stage for sony to teach hacker them how to hack... (night only, 'couse day are wasted saying "we are against piracy")

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt sony would make the next psp as easy to hack, im sure alot of dev's would drop it from day 1

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This was a PREDICTION... it's something they thought up from the patents... the OP made it seem like there was a fully functional prototype already...

Hell, i can predict things too!

The PSP2 will have 4 touch screens, with 7 analog controls, but only sell well during the first 3 months, because Nintendo will launch the DS2 with 6 touch screens, and offer all it's games for free!

See, predicting things is easy... when you come up with actual facts, then let us know.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Try2bcool said:
superrob said:
bobrules said:
2 analogue stick with touchscreen? That's just not possible.
Yes it is.. No all games should use a touchscreen you know?

Tell that to all the developers that insist on using the thing for every single game that comes out on the DS.

Yes because completely ignoring the main feature of the console makes alot of sense . . .

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They might not be selling good but they're not stupid, a new system after only 2 years, when your last update was 2 years apart? Who's their market? Everyone that wants a PSP probably has one by now, and we probably won't run off and spend another 200 bucks to 'upgrade' and just have our first ones go to the trash.

This theory has just about as many holes as the new DS theory, which is just overalll bullshit as Nintendo has stated they won't have a new one until 2010.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo