P

pasc

deez_nutz said:
http://psp.ign.com/articles/886/886211p2.html

-No UMD
-Touch Screen
-Dual Analog
-UMD Format = Obsolete

The article also mentions that PSP software has dried up.

Ahhahaha... Touchscreen ? As if that isn't a obvious ripoff of the DS
rofl2.gif
. Thing sells, Sony copies it ... They can shove their crap someelsewhere if this is really the "re-rip-off-other-popular-handheld-systems-design".

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinity-X said:
Whizz said:
Infinity-X said:
Yeah, this is really just speculations. Then again, I've seen the spread sheet..seems sort of convincing but I doubt its real.

Micro SD support? Fake.
I don't understand, how can this be fake because of Micro SD support? Is it because Sony uses the MS Pro Duo, if so, then your wrong cause I know for a fact one of there new phones uses Micro SD

decayed.cell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MR_COW said:
Why even mention that UMD will be obsolete? Did we see articles about how the Gameboy Cartidges were obsolete when the DS came out?

It's a format for the PSP....no duh they will replace it.
I'd say UMD was obsolete a long time ago, or at least its 'other uses'. Sony intended it to store full length movies to complete the PSP as not only a gaming device, but also a multimedia device - why would anyone pay for another copy of a movie that they already have in a better quality format? Target pulled UMD movies way back in 2006. The GB cartridge was different - it was only used to store games, and its kinda obselete anyway since the DS isn't backwards compatible with them. Besides, GB games are so old now - who would want to play them?

QUOTE said:
I don't understand, how can this be fake because of Micro SD support? Is it because Sony uses the MS Pro Duo, if so, then your wrong cause I know for a fact one of there new phones uses Micro SD

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didn't say there wouldn't be a DS Lite. The NDSL was informed a bit beforehand.

Nintendo has FIRMLY stated however that it would be foolish of them to release ANYTHING before 2010 because at that point the MMO gaming should take off in Japan, and they hope to make a handheld that can be MMO-friendly, so that just about EVERYONE will buy one (who DOESNT play MMOs in the young demographic? XD), but they'll need to increase the internet capabilities past Wifi.

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
decayed.cell said:
MR_COW said:
Why even mention that UMD will be obsolete? Did we see articles about how the Gameboy Cartidges were obsolete when the DS came out?

It's a format for the PSP....no duh they will replace it.
I'd say UMD was obsolete a long time ago, or at least its 'other uses'. Sony intended it to store full length movies to complete the PSP as not only a gaming device, but also a multimedia device - why would anyone pay for another copy of a movie that they already have in a better quality format? Target pulled UMD movies way back in 2006. The GB cartridge was different - it was only used to store games, and its kinda obselete anyway since the DS isn't backwards compatible with them. Besides, GB games are so old now - who would want to play them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_Advance_Video

wwwwrong.

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, they can't make the PSP phone a phone with a PSP.

The PSP's battery goes quick enough, with 3G and other battery tasking things it would go even faster. Have you ever seen a phone with an optical disc slot either?

I think the PSP will be a sony branded phone...but not a gaming console. If you want one, go buy an ngage. For a dime.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
MR_COW said:
I don't know, they can't make the PSP phone a phone with a PSP.

The PSP's battery goes quick enough, with 3G and other battery tasking things it would go even faster. Have you ever seen a phone with an optical disc slot either?

I think the PSP will be a sony branded phone...but not a gaming console. If you want one, go buy an ngage. For a dime.

Actually I think the PSP phone (PS PP? haha, pee pee) will have the same architecture and power as the PSP, except without the UMD slot.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A PSPhone makes as much sense as a new-model PSP. Nokia tried this already with the N-Gage, remember? Mind you, this is now Sony doing it but I still don't think it'd really be...well, too good for use as a phone. Not to mention the PSP is still rather large especially in phone terms, so I don't know.

Nintendo and Microsoft need to jump on this bandwagon.
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.