ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

PokeChampion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there's any local people around where I live (Florida) that have any hacked pokemon. Or if anybody else has any unreleased pokemon that're shiny and want to be traded locally

popeel1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
guys! somebody from project pokemom has found a way to inject .pkx and uploaded them to his game using the datel power save!

spoonman54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to bet it doesn't work with updated 3DS firmware, and possibly using gateway or something too. Nothing worth going too crazy over unless it works with both:
-current official 3DS firmware
-actual retail cart, not gateway

not one or the other. both.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I'm willing to bet it doesn't work with updated 3DS firmware, and possibly using gateway or something too. Nothing worth going too crazy over unless it works with both:
-current official 3DS firmware
-actual retail cart, not gateway

not one or the other. both.
It works with both. He fully decrypted his poke XY save (not easy to do) and got datel to resign his save . He doesn't have a GW.

spoonman54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is everyone smart enough to break the game open it seems. Oh well. I'll just sit here with Team Dumb And Waiting For Information.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Damn, why bother showing us stuff if they don't even bother to release it? *cough cough 3ds ram dumping*
we all know why, they want/need this ---->:bow: unfortunately its then followed by this----->:hateit: after they say "but only for me nehneh"
i dont see why people keep getting excited about it all :rofl2:#ssdd

spoonman54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we all know why, they want/need this ---->:bow: unfortunately its then followed by this----->:hateit: after they say "but only for me nehneh"

exactly. do it for yourself, keep it for yourself, share it or don't. but don't be a dick about it and e-brag.

Reactions: Simon Blackquill

therealplicks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some people are actually interested in seeing the unreleased moves, including myself. I don't really consider this bragging, more along the lines of showing people what can be achieved through a lot of hard work.

Reactions: kingaz and Hozu

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
first guy sharing....yeah well done you found some hidden pokemon.......after the 6th "reveal" its just boring now :P

no offense to the guy that did it, i'm sure it was nice to get it done but its just like.....ok.....annnnnndddd?

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Naw. PP is research oriented, not doing it for glory or attention.

The entire thing was proof of concept -- and yeah, it worked. We had noticed that we could change the AES MAC of the save and Datel never rejected it, however if there was any bad hash it would return a "Web Operation Failed" error. So we eventually figured out all of the hashes and had to brute force some data that we couldn't straight up decrypt. Only a few minutes of (intelligent) brute forcing is all that was required.

Datel was stupid and didn't verify the AES MAC of the saves they were applying cheats to; they cut corners and assumed that people would never be able to reverse engineer the DISA/DIFI hashes... so much for that!

We took save files and injected about 1000 mons for various purposes (brute forcing out Location Index Numbers) plus some illegal/unreleased stuff to keep for giggles. Ended up bricking one of the carts by writing too much data, but with that we figured out a way Datel is actually bricking user's carts (bad programming in writing back too much data; their backups/edits can do this).

The trick was then publicly revealed in PP's IRC and (as expected) Datel ended up patching it. It's good that they did; keeps the lawyers away and prevents dishonest people from ruining online play.

tl;dr: The trick is no longer possible -- Datel can't & won't let people inject their own content.

truedread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naw. PP is research oriented, not doing it for glory or attention.

The entire thing was proof of concept -- and yeah, it worked. We had noticed that we could change the AES MAC of the save and Datel never rejected it, however if there was any bad hash it would return a "Web Operation Failed" error. So we eventually figured out all of the hashes and had to brute force some data that we couldn't straight up decrypt. Only a few minutes of (intelligent) brute forcing is all that was required.

Datel was stupid and didn't verify the AES MAC of the saves they were applying cheats to; they cut corners and assumed that people would never be able to reverse engineer the DISA/DIFI hashes... so much for that!

We took save files and injected about 1000 mons for various purposes (brute forcing out Location Index Numbers) plus some illegal/unreleased stuff to keep for giggles. Ended up bricking one of the carts by writing too much data, but with that we figured out a way Datel is actually bricking user's carts (bad programming in writing back too much data; their backups/edits can do this).

The trick was then publicly revealed in PP's IRC and (as expected) Datel ended up patching it. It's good that they did; keeps the lawyers away and prevents dishonest people from ruining online play.

tl;dr: The trick is no longer possible -- Datel can't & won't let people inject their own content.

Of course it's patched, too good to be true.

Newbie1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Kaphotics you guys purposely leaked it knowing Datel was watching to make sure no one else would be able to do what you and Scires did even though there's a few of us trying.

Way to be a hero, thanks for that.

I just got done with most of my hashes too...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
it would of been patched pretty much straightaway anyway and it would be cheat engine all over again XD

that was patched within a few hours of going public

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🖕 JM :tpi::rofl2: