Hardware New OS for my old Acer-Laptop

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know there is people who actually dislike windows 10. :blink:

Fixed that for you :P A lot of people don't like it for a variety of reasons, I use Windows 7, but I would use Linux if it was actually compatible with the games I run, or if I wasn't so incompetent at using CLI-based programs.

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
But then why are games mostly windows only?:mellow:
A number of reasons really:
  • Because graphic card vendors such as Nvidia and AMD had only basic and shitty drivers for Linux, and have only gotten good fairly recently.
  • Because Windows has been around for a lot longer than Linux, a lot of people simply prefer to use it because it's what they know. Which means they have a larger market share so developers would prioritise Windows over anything else.
  • Linux does not support some DRM technologies, whereas Windows does on certain CPUs and Monitors.
I'm sure there are other reasons, but these are the one I could think of. I think these reasons don't matter as much as they used to, which is why we're seeing a lot more games on Linux now, like Witcher 3, Tomb Raider, Shadow of Mordor, etc.

Last edited by MaK11-12,
Reactions: Deleted User

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't know there is people who actually dislike windows os. :blink:
Some people like spending all of their free time playing tech support for their own system ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Me, I can't be bothered to learn a new OS and hunt down all the scripts and tweaks I need to make it run the way my Windows 10 setup works. I think I probably spent a total of five hours setting this system up from scratch in a way that it maintains itself and effectively disappears from notice. The most I've fiddled with it all year was when I installed Wallpaper Engine, which took five minutes to configure and get the themes I like.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,
Reactions: Minox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?