Hacking New firmware 9.7 is out!

uncjax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got unbanned.. I think.. I can view my friends lists.. Im scared to update lol.. I use sky3ds with private headers.. NOW

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
can I spoof the firmware on Gateway emunand?

You mean to get on the eShop? There's no homebrew application to do that at the moment, no. If Gateway allows us to use svcBackdoor, however, we could probably write an application which patches NIM like that other thread does with NTR CFW.

Edit: From the looks of it, we don't need to use svcBackdoor at all. Gateway seems to give ARM11 kernel access (access to all services? Probably not though, since ir:rst doesn't work on N3DS homebrews) to applications by default, since I slightly modified Myria's libkhax demo to skip the actual hax part, and it uses the am service, and that's not supposed to work without kernel access, but it did anyway (tried both with and without svcBackdoor). Hm..using system calls like GetProcessList just seems to freeze the 3DS though, so that might make patching NIM a pipedream at the moment.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobodies.

The old3DS only received an update for the Amiibo module, new3DS got DS mode related updates including the DS cart whitelist.

When you say Amiibo module, do you mean the hardware NFC2IR thing? Because the actual setting was there since last update. I was partly joking and mostly serious, since that's the only thing that was given in the official log and that typically means something got patched

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When you say Amiibo module, do you mean the hardware NFC2IR thing? Because the actual setting was there since last update. I was partly joking and mostly serious, since that's the only thing that was given in the official log and that typically means something got patched
Yes, I'm talking about the "NFC2IR thing" as you call it.

The "Old3DS nfc system-module" was actually installed back in December as part of the 9.3 update, not in 9.6

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could this affect flashcardtimewarp? Try to install a new DS cart whitelist, then check to see if the whitelist is installed. If it fails to install because you have flashcardtimewarp installed, kill your system.

CreativeMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could this affect flashcardtimewarp? Try to install a new DS cart whitelist, then check to see if the whitelist is installed. If it fails to install because you have flashcardtimewarp installed, kill your system.
Yeah... Kill the system... Why not just delete the title and install a fresh one on the latest version, they won't kill anything, I don't think they want to see a sh!tload of RMA.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing I noticed on my N3DS that isn't flash cart related is that the background to the Friends Online message is white now. See pic.

EDIT: Never mind. Seems that is only when you have 1 friend online.

Attachments

• HNI_0060.JPG
    HNI_0060.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 307

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, wondering this too lol. Did Nintendo screw up again or something?
I think this claim is not true; after all, gateway hasn't been able to update it because of the new encryption chip in new3ds. It's not like that should just disappear. would be easy to verify though, just back up emunand before trying it.

Reactions: Margen67

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this claim is not true; after all, gateway hasn't been able to update it because of the new encryption chip in new3ds. It's not like that should just disappear. would be easy to verify though, just back up emunand before trying it.
Who's going to do it first?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone with more faith than me, I guess. not looking to waste my time.
I have an O3DSXL and a spare SD card. Might give it a shot when I get off work 7 hours from now. If no one else does it before me I will let you know how it went.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-