• Views 9,261
  • Replies 83
  • Likes 3

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also highly considering buying an imported n3ds xl from australia. My 3ds xl was recently stolen so I have nothing to play. I REALLY want to play super smash brothers and pokemon ORAS... and I mean REAAAALLY badly. If money isn't an issue, would it be okay to import one from australia, then buy another n3ds when it comes out in america? Would I be able to connect to my friends if they had American 3ds's and I had an australia n3ds xl + australian ssb4? I just want to play those 2 games, idc really about the eshop or homebrew

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I'm also highly considering buying an imported n3ds xl from australia. My 3ds xl was recently stolen so I have nothing to play. I REALLY want to play super smash brothers and pokemon ORAS... and I mean REAAAALLY badly. If money isn't an issue, would it be okay to import one from australia, then buy another n3ds when it comes out in america? Would I be able to connect to my friends if they had American 3ds's and I had an australia n3ds xl + australian ssb4? I just want to play those 2 games, idc really about the eshop or homebrew

If you like waiting longer for releases, and having to pay extra for import fees, sure.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Would I be able to connect to my friends if they had American 3ds's and I had an australia n3ds xl + australian ssb4? I just want to play those 2 games, idc really about the eshop or homebrew

You wouldn't, they are from different regions,
therefore you cannot play a multiplayer game with your friends.
Also, you wouldn't be able to run US games on that australian New 3DS.
It sucks having region lock, but it's Nintendo,
I'm already used to seeing them a decade or two behind their concurrents.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Great news for Aussies that they're starting to be recognized by Nintendo, but that Direct was basically all old info, with the exception of those release dates.

I feel bad now though. My country's getting it first while I'm still holding out for any exclusive games that I'll actually want, meanwhile the rest of the world is going nuts over when it's even going to arrive for them.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im in the UK, PAL region.

Rev up those imports im getting me a New 3DS in 2014!

Lucky :)

No plans to release in EU / US? What? Why? Surely those are bigger markets than Australia and surely it's not simply geographical distance that prevents them from shipping to the US. How much more could it possibly cost?

They were talking about for this year which sucks we have to wait till 2015 :"(

This is madness why no US release this yeear :"(

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The price is a bit of a stretch because wouldn't that be what a home console would cost ya? Well, there's that it's more powerful than a standard 3DS and Smash Bros. will be available for it so it's a mixed bag, but the good kind of it.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^Aussies have been subjected to jacked up prices for games AND consoles for as long as I can remember. Hell, if anything, most of our tech stuff is higher than many places like the US, even for cloud services. Yes I am looking at you Adobe :gun:

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
^Aussies have been subjected to jacked up prices for games AND consoles for as long as I can remember. Hell, if anything, most of our tech stuff is higher than many places like the US, even for cloud services. Yes I am looking at you Adobe :gun:

add that this is a desperate attempt from nintendo to cash in on the high currency rates, they love their region locking so much, i'm surprised that they didn't announce anything for the UK as we pay too much for nintendo games and everything else aswell.

The price is a bit of a stretch because wouldn't that be what a home console would cost ya? Well, there's that it's more powerful than a standard 3DS and Smash Bros. will be available for it so it's a mixed bag, but the good kind of it.

the AUS price when converted into uk pounds is not much about £130 but when it's over here it will def be much more than that, currently the old 3ds xl is selling for £180 brand new on amazon, greedy people trying to get rid of the old model to people who don't know better.

also i honestly hope the new 3ds xl doesn't come out this year oct/nov in the uk as it's a busy time for games and my wallet is being stretched enough as it is, going to have to start robbing a bank soon to pay for everything lol

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Better than what they named the Wii U. At least when parents are shopping on Christmas, when they're child goes "I want the New 3DS!", they'll get what they wanted.

Sounds smart to me.

Not so sure. If kid owns 3DS, saying (s)he wants "new 3DS" it could mean another mint condition 3DS, XL, 2DS or these ones as after all you are simply asking for new 3DS, not specific model unless parent knows that there are thing called "new 3DS". Not only that but if they are going to release games that only work with new version (Xenoblade) it makes things even worse when you though buying 3DS game that doesn't work with bloody 3DS! I would say things are worse than with Wii U naming, at least with that you have big U letter on everything but "new" in front could mean anything to those without knowledge.
I hope they don't translate the "new" word into another languages as then it should be easier to say it as then "new" doesn't mean anything.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Not so sure. If kid owns 3DS, saying (s)he wants "new 3DS" it could mean another mint condition 3DS, XL, 2DS or these ones as after all you are simply asking for new 3DS, not specific model unless parent knows that there are thing called "new 3DS". Not only that but if they are going to release games that only work with new version (Xenoblade) it makes things even worse when you though buying 3DS game that doesn't work with bloody 3DS! I would say things are worse than with Wii U naming, at least with that you have big U letter on everything but "new" in front could mean anything to those without knowledge.
I hope they don't translate the "new" word into another languages as then it should be easier to say it as then "new" doesn't mean anything.

Okay, it's still better than the XBox One's name. :rofl2:

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

Making it be the new 3DS would make a lot more sense for people not in the loop than something like 3DSi.
3DSi doesn't really means stuff, a conversation would go something like this
"How is the 3DSi any different than the 3DS?"
"It's the new 3DS model"
"oh ok"
So instead of it being that the 3DSi is the new 3DS, it's that the new 3DS is the new 3DS, much simpler.
People won't be calling it 'new' 3DS, they will be calling it the new 3ds, if someone asks for the new 3ds, they're going to go to gamestop/ebgames and ask for the new 3ds and see one labelled with new in flashy colours.
Confusion with this is going to be non-existant, I haven't heard of any confusion when Apple did the 'new' iPad.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
add that this is a desperate attempt from nintendo to cash in on the high currency rates, they love their region locking so much, i'm surprised that they didn't announce anything for the UK as we pay too much for nintendo games and everything else aswell.

the AUS price when converted into uk pounds is not much about £130 but when it's over here it will def be much more than that, currently the old 3ds xl is selling for £180 brand new on amazon, greedy people trying to get rid of the old model to people who don't know better.

also i honestly hope the new 3ds xl doesn't come out this year oct/nov in the uk as it's a busy time for games and my wallet is being stretched enough as it is, going to have to start robbing a bank soon to pay for everything lol

Lets go get our loot :)

Reactions: jalaneme

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did nintendo announce the extra buttons in that video or did I miss it? I saw him explain the c stick but not the second set of l and r buttons

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
nope that's pretty much what a handheld costs here. this is what the consoles cost. oh but that's nothing compared to what they want for a ps4! also did i mention when the ps3 1st hit here it was $1000?!

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far