New 3DS flashcart: let the Clone War begin

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
this has all happened before in the ps3 scene with the drm dongles, product got cloned, copycat teams used other teams exact files even, original team releases update which blocks clones etc etc, or if no forward thinking took place to differentiate if this happened.... original team packs a cry and leaves scene, copycat team adds a status to their webpage: 6.3 compatibility 34% complete

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
uOqzk98.jpg

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ahh finally, i could prolly pay 30$ for the card if it could do multiple games, but 60 is a bit.. not to mention all resellers in my country want 100$+ for it which makes it a joke. So I'm happy to see the clones, not happy they want just as much money as the original product though. Still hopefully something moves, once price drops to 30$ and it will play multiple games i'm gonna get it.

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
Yup, 70$ isn't much cheaper than Gateway. And... I don't trust them. *shows off a GW loyalty badge*
Oh well, they have a bonus point for providing a micro SD USB reader (GW team doesn't), but those things never last long...

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if this was like $40 i would probably get one but for $60 no thanks. i would rather get a gateway. even with shipping the gateway cost $67 at eachmall

loco365

Trophies
XP
If they're cheaper and they're at least running, I might consider one, but what's holding me back is that it's not really "official" because the GW3DS team originally made the card and exploit known.

But the day that an exploit for the newer firmwares comes up, I wanna be on a list for a product that works.

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
When are these going to be selling? It's just adverts yet. Hope none are scams!
But oh boy! Is this the best day in 3DS hacking history? Not 1 but 2 flashcards announced and Smea's CFW/downgrade!!!

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Honestly i'd preffer a good cfw rather than flashcart, usually hacked fw give you more freedom than flash carts and I'm still annoyed my flashcart is recorded by my 3ds as spongebob game.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm still waiting on an official response, but i just had a source reach out to me. gateway is aware of the clones and they are working to secure them. i was told that they would dissect the clones and then get back to me with some information. the 2.0 release is still going to happen. apparently the clones are running a suspected 1.0 version. they estimate up to 6 months for the 2.0 changes to be copied by the cloners. if all this plays out it would seem pointless to pay $10 less for a clone that is always 6 months behind the update curve. then again the r4 .cn team is involved and they have proven themselves to be extremely quick in some regards.

either way, it won't matter much when the exploit is released and we are all running homebrew off our SD cards.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong