Rayout

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey anyone know how to get nethack working on supercard sd?

http://stuartp.commixus.com/nhds/

I've tried both of the pre-complied programs on my ds and neither worked
frown.gif

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Got it working on my SCL (the nds ver). Had to run it through the moonshell patcher, but it worked fine. HOWEVER, if you use an SCL, saving is very iffy. Worked the first time for me, but just hung after an extended session. If you're using the gba version, wouldn't that mean that you would only have a single screen??

It's playable, but yes the font size is tiny, and the tileset is extremely small (although you could fix this by downloading a bigger tileset). For me, the save issue is a dealbreaker though - I'm no nethack ironman!
smile.gif

J

RexxFiend

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a similar problem with saves crashing the game, till I discovered that I hadn't copied the (empty) saves folder over.

If there is no saves folder, the dungeon collapses when you try to save - took me ages to figure that one out!

New version has no size limit on the tiles! superb (try the chozo tiles, they are great- just like the original text mode but look much nicer, but at least you know what everything is).

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Don't forget about the SuperCard Magic Homebrew patcher aswell, that may do some good.

The general method for running homebrew on SuperCard SD is by using the .ds.gba renamed to .nds but this patcher will create a sc.nds file for you which should then work. You would then run that file through the moomshell patcher (comes with supercard lite soft) to play it on SC Lite.

There are problems with the current fatlib though which is still yet to be updated in devKitPro. Perhaps we will see better success with FAT saving once r20 is released
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...