www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by gudenau,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Because this isn't a money thing, this is a constitutional right thing.

Edit:
https://noscript.net
Recommending noscript isn't the best way to convince me that this is needed. Of course I would have blocked this, but if people block this, what is the use? Why not have recommended this when NN was at it's peak this year? Just wait next year when people are heated up about this for another 2 days again.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Recommending noscript isn't the best way to convince me that this is needed. Of course I would have blocked this, but if people block this, what is the use? Why not have recommended this when NN was at it's peak this year? Just wait next year when people are heated up about this for another 2 days again.
Because it is about time to vote on this again, it is not like this site is going to be helped if this comes to pass.

And change your bloody font color to the default. It is 0x020202 off of the background color.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DON'T GIVE A DAMN ON POLITICS if trump got voted in last year you really think congress will listen....doubt it amd the second amendment is read wrong it truely states the right to bear arms against a Tyrannical US government and yet it's chilled by the fact that you'd be jailed even executed for treson i feel people need to read the 2nd amendment WORD FOR WORD before they say taking away guns is against the 2nd amendment

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I wouldn't mind if this were to be tacked onto the site. Anyone in the US who actively uses this site (or the internet in general) should be concerned about the issue, anyway
This, my ISP appears to be throttling YouTube hard right now already. I can only get 200Kb/s, where other places it can be 100Mb/s+. This makes it so that I can't watch any videos without watching 2 minute parts every half hour or worse.

Imagine getting this site throttled similar to that, would be horrible.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This, my ISP appears to be throttling YouTube hard right now already. I can only get 200Kb/s, where other places it can be 100Mb/s+. This makes it so that I can't watch any videos without watching 2 minute parts every half hour or worse.

Imagine getting this site throttled similar to that, would be horrible.
What ISP do you have?

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AT&T, one of the ones on there bad list.
Huh. Interesting. I have them too and notice that uploading YouTube videos to there is literally slow as molasses.
I tried uploading a 30 minute video from my home Wi-Fi and that took nearly an hour to upload.
I uploaded a video about the same length at my College's internet and it took literally 5 minutes.
There's definitely something going on.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Interesting. I have them too and notice that uploading YouTube videos to there is literally slow as molasses.
I tried uploading a 30 minute video from my home Wi-Fi and that took nearly an hour to upload.
I uploaded a video about the same length at my College's internet and it took literally 5 minutes.
There's definitely something going on.

My internet was completely dead the other day. We've had them for years and upgraded to gigabit the day it was available. You'd think they wouldn't be so bad about this crap.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My internet was completely dead the other day. We've had them for years and upgraded to gigabit the day it was available. You'd think they wouldn't be so bad about this crap.
Yeah. Our router had issues several times too. It'd either completely go out, or just come back on once in awhile. We had a repair guy come in and replace the router. Still didn't work after that. So I knew then it was one of the lines in our power grid.

We called the technician, guess what? We got another freaking box.

We had to call them again and tell them specifically that it was a problem with one of the lines within the power grid. They attempted to fix it, but then said it was out of their jurisdiction. So our city had to come and fix it for us. Ever since then, things have been... modestly fine.

The only problems is the throttling, which completely suck (and are against Net Neutrality guidelines.) My family has been thinking about switching to Xfinity, but literally, they are WAY worse. If you know Comcast, then things get ugly real quick.

Although fortunately, there is a small internet company that works where I'm from. So luckily, competition is prevalent in my area. Other areas aren't so lucky tho.

Honestly, Net Neutrality wouldn't be needed if the Internet industry wasn't so monopolized. If there was competition, people could just switch to a different brand if another competitor was throttling things. But, considering ISPs are far and few between... we need them in place for sure.

Last edited by epicmartin7,

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Our router had issues several times too. It'd either completely go out, or just come back on once in awhile. We had a repair guy come in and replace the router. Still didn't work after that. So I knew then it was one of the lines in our power grid.

We called the technician, guess what? We got another freaking box.

We had to call them again and tell them specifically that it was a problem with one of the lines within the power grid. They attempted to fix it, but then said it was out of their jurisdiction. So our city had to come and fix it for us. Ever since then, things have been... modestly fine.

The only problems is the throttling, which completely suck (and are against Net Neutrality guidelines.) My family has been thinking about switching to Xfinity, but literally, they are WAY worse. If you know Comcast, then things get ugly real quick.

Although fortunately, there is a small internet company that works where I'm from. So luckily, competition is prevalent in my area. Other areas aren't so lucky tho.

Honestly, Net Neutrality wouldn't be needed if the Internet industry wasn't so monopolized. If there was competition, people could just switch to a different brand if another competitor was throttling things. But, considering ISPs are far and few between... we need them in place for sure.
If everyone did it do they need to worry about competition?

It was horrible when my fiber line broke. They replaced all of my equipment a couple times, including the set top boxes. Had to take an entire day to fix it since the next one they tried was also broken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1