Hacking NesterJ lagging, CR5400 to blame?

Corrosive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3k using 6.60 Pro C. I'm using Nester J and using a Micro SD adapter (Photofast bootleg, CR5400). it's not a legit adapter, and I doubt the memory is legit either.

With games like Megaman 1 and 2, when there's several moving enemies on the screen, and i'm laying down the fire, the game slows down quite a bit. I've messed with the settings and I can't seem to remedy this. I'm almost positive I'm using the newest version of Nesterj.

I'd be disappointed to hear that it's because of the adapter, or the micro SD cards (which were bought on amazon)

XiTaU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megaman is a very laggy series its probably just trying to emulate the lag correctly when u shoot and have a few enemies on the screen the game is meant to slowdown alot it is because of the nes limitations.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, as above. It will be 100% exactly as the slowdown plays on an original NES. Thats the joys of 8 bit gaming im afraid! It wont be your adapter or memory cards as I'd imagine anyway that once the rom is loaded off the card, everything plays out in the PSPs memory.

Corrosive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, that's excellent to hear, but I have another development unfortunately:

I recently started playing Megaman X on snes9xtyl 0.4.2 r26 and I'm getting slowdowns in the ocean level. Is this normal as well? I have to turn frameskip off in order for Megaman not to disappear when he gets hit by something and does that momentary flash<invincibility> thing, so I'm afraid frameskip is a bit out of the question to fix that.

XiTaU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is quite abit of slowdown in mmx also and all mm's from 8 - 16 bit era and im unsure how good the psp snes emulator really is. Most likely the 333mhz processor cant emulate the game smoothly without frameskip turned on and seeing he flashes on and off the screen at 1 frame intervals im not sure if there is a fix for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1