Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

loco365

Trophies
XP
Just wondering, I'm trying to run the following disc:

Nintendo GameCube Servicee Disc 1.0 [NTSC]

And when it runs, it just blackscreens. Does anyone have any special settings they had to use? (I'm using the latest version of NeoGamma, jsyk)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Is everyone over at the dml thread right now?? Lol Bumping post #1619 ;)
SD-Boot got replaced by Swiss, and unless you have an SD Gecko it's not of any use to you.
Thanks for the heads up, well in the meantime I got a perfectly good dump of PSO I&II Plus which will wait for improvements in DML.

What about this " what would be the equivalent of "FSTFIX.exe game.iso f s t" for DiscEX? Is there a way to uncompress an ISO I created with fstfix or DiscEX?".. same post. Should I post this in a different thread instead?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Is everyone over at the dml thread right now?? Lol Bumping post #1619 ;)
SD-Boot got replaced by Swiss, and unless you have an SD Gecko it's not of any use to you.
Thanks for the heads up, well in the meantime I got a perfectly good dump of PSO I&II Plus which will wait for improvements in DML.

What about this " what would be the equivalent of "FSTFIX.exe game.iso f s t" for DiscEX? Is there a way to uncompress an ISO I created with fstfix or DiscEX?".. same post. Should I post this in a different thread instead?
You still need FSTFIX to do some stuff, and AFAIK you can't change it back to a regular ISO.

I suggest you stick with rev21 for compatibility btw.

Reactions: 1 person

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

And when it runs, it just blackscreens. Does anyone have any special settings they had to use? (I'm using the latest version of NeoGamma, jsyk)

this disc does a lot of unusual stuff to load/unload the certain tests, your best bet to run it, is anything that doesn't need to patch the game, drivechips or wode/flatmii.
Not saying it is impossible but it would require very certain patching, nothing like the usual loaders or methods do.

loco365

Trophies
XP

this disc does a lot of unusual stuff to load/unload the certain tests, your best bet to run it, is anything that doesn't need to patch the game, drivechips or wode/flatmii.
Not saying it is impossible but it would require very certain patching, nothing like the usual loaders or methods do.
Hm. I guess I'll have to wait for compatibility to be fixed. From what I heard, an authentic disc works on it just fine. I don't have a modchip or anything, just a simple softmod and some custom IOS files, so I'll have to see what I can do.

loco365

Trophies
XP
So I was told that MIOS v4 would load the GC Service disc, so I downgraded my MIOS to v4 to test it (I still have a v10 WAD to reupgrade if I need it). And for some odd reason, the Wii knows it's a GameCube disc, but when it starts, the Wii just reboots. I know my friend has a similar issue, so how can I correct that?
Before I forget, I am running Wii menu 4.3U and my friend's is 4.2. I don't think he's upgraded his MIOS so that might be the culprit, but why would the Wii simply reboot when I try to launch the GC disc?

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe because, it was made originally for the "NGC" and it's not compatible to work with the Nintendo Wii at all.

That's why we have wad managers to install and replace MIOS and BC, if needed. To be honest...I don't know what the NGC file system would of looked like, but it's proberly completely different compared to the Wii.

Well, that's my opinion on the matter...

DanielTaylorHagg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I'm trying to play The Spongebob Squarepants Movie on a multigame disc, but I get a black screen when I try to start it. How do I fix this?
That game is for GC or Wii?
Do you have a cmios/cIOS installed?
Were you able to reproduce a backup before?
Game is for GC.
Yes to both.
I don't know what you mean by that.

PiXi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi guys!

Can someone tell me is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest has audio streaming issues or not?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7