Neo Geo Pocket / NGPC Flash Carts

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've had an NGPC handheld for about 6 or 7 years, I bought it new in a blister pack here in Tucson for $40. I think it was an EBGames at the time clearing them out. It came with like 10 games.
My interest in this handheld was renewed over the summer when I found it in an old purse bag (yes, purses sometimes have bags to keep them clean in storage).

Found some really interesting recent info about newly developed kits from an independent person/team in a search today!
http://ngpc.freeplaytech.com/

Though these kits are hand-made and expensive, it's going to be one of my priority items this coming year.
On the other hand, I could probably buy a huge NGPC cartridge collection (if not all) for the US$125. I'd rather save my storage space and support the development though.

(edit: My 1,024th... or 1st KiloPost? MegaPost?)

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sweet deal. I'd definitely get the cart (I own a Neo Flash Pocket Linker myself). Do you think you could actually get all the games you wanted for under $125 though?

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to make a living on eBay and I'm still friends with my old boss who has a massive stock of older cartridge games that are his primary product (eBay ID: agunya)
I don't think it would be difficult to get damn near everything that's useful to me for that amount of money. I honestly don't know about all the releases for the console though, there's probably some rare gems that are just VHTF and especially valuable.
In any case I'd prefer the flash cart since buying the genuine articles would both take up space and not actually contribute to the development of the console or its games anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: +1