• Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

dentnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan:

Second time you have offered your help to one of my questions on GBAtemp. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I tried all the save game methods that you mentioned without success. I even installed La-mulana to realnand, loaded the game, created a save file, extracted to emunand. La-mulana still complains that the 'system file is corrupted'.

A few other things I have tried:

- Created a nand WITHOUT priiloader or any of the other 'additions' in an attempt to create a clean pal 4.3 nand. La-mulana still crashes.
- Installed the latest version of postloader and attempted to boot into Neek2o and then into Postloader to load the wiiware from there - no difference.

I am at a bit of a loss as to what to try next. I am using d2x V10 Beta R53 (alt version). I know that doesn't have as good emunand compatibility as the non-alt version... But aren't I booting into the emunand when I am using Neek2o? Isn't my CIOS irrelevant at that point anyway?

If you have any other suggestions, Id love to sort this out. Willing to try anything now.

Cheers and thanks again!

Reactions: naddel81

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you are right, neek and neek2o are NOT using cIOS at all.
Don't boot into postloader after booting into neek environment to boot channels. just launch the channel from the system menu.

Are your game the same region than your NAND?
That error message can happen if you try to boot a game from a different region.
You might need to enable "region free" in the hidden menu first (press 1 button on wiimote, navigate with Dpad and +/- button, reboot after setting region free everything)

Do you really want to use Neek ?
because La Mulana is working fine from RealNAND with cIOS NAND redirection feature, it doesn't require Neek mode.
using USBLoader's cIOS mode to boot channels require cIOS, so d2x v10 is fine (if 10-alt (r53) doesn't work with your drive when launching emuNAND, install r52 instead, r53 emuNAND compatibility issue is not game specific but hdd specific)
1. launch USBLoaderGX
2. go to feature>Dump NAND
3. go to feature>install Wad to install la mulana to your dumped NAND
4. go to top menu>4th icon>Enable "channels on EmuNAND"
5. launch the game.

note: I don't know if cIOS mode is region free, I have a modchip and that might bypass regions check.

dentnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan:

I don't know exactly what got it working, but I can boot La-Mulana from emunand, along with LIT, Lostwinds, And Yet It Moves!!!!!??! I think it might be a good idea for me to figure it out exactly, because there could be a few other people around here with a similar problem. Some parts to the equation:

1) I moved to d2x V10 Beta 52 - this didn't seem to make a difference initially, the Modmii-built emunand still did not boot games via CIOS or via Neek2o
2) I downloaded a pre-made PAL 4.3 emunand (the Wiiflow master pack one) - Again, this made no real difference
3) I moved to Neek20 V96 beta 9.7 (the latest beta from Wiiflow master pack) - this version actually seems slower at loading. For a moment there I thought it was getting further with La-Mulana, but then it threw up the silly corrupt system message.

So then I thought to myself, I wonder if my 'ORIGINAL' realNAND dump is actually corrupted like the message was hinting at. After all, this is the NAND (usb://nand/nand1) that I was copying my cert file from, my shared2 folder, etc. Perhaps there is something wrong with it that is causing these errors in so many games? Then I read your response above, which also said to dump the RealNAND from USBLoaderGX. I dumped my Realnand *over* the pre-made emunand (Wiiflow one). The La-Mulana wad that was previously installed (and working) in Realnand showed up in USBLoaderGX emunand. I opened it and it worked from USBLoader! Interestingly, the previously installed version on emunand of La-Mulana STILL DID NOT boot!!! Even weirder, I noticed that the version that worked was NTSC, while the other one that didn't was PAL. I then installed Lostwinds and LIT and they worked as well. I'm pretty sure I even booted those with CIOS, and not using Neek.

As I said, I'd like to try to work out what it was in the end that sorted it out. Unless you have any other theories, perhaps I will try the following:

1) Create (two) fresh PAL 4.3 emunand with Modmii
2) Create a fresh realnand dump into an empty nand folder
3) copy cert and shared2 folder over the top of a fresh PAL 4.3 as per what the guides state
4) Install La-mulana and try to boot it with/without neek - this will determine if my original realnand dump was corrupted in some way
5) If that doesn't work, I will dump realnand over the top of the other fresh 4.3 - this will determine if copying cert and shared2 folder *IS NOT* always enough to get it working
6) Switch back to d2x V10 Beta 53 and repeat process - this will determine if Beta 53 cannot produced reliable realnand dumps

Cheers again!

dentnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm so, I tried a few things, and in the end, the only way that I could get it working was by using USBLoader to dump my Realnand - either from scratch, or over the top of a Modmii built emunand, or a pre-made one. Copying just the shared2 folder and cert over the top was not enough. I tried switching the CIOS and it made absolutely no diff.

It seems to me I must have missed something in all the guides on building emunands or something? Is the serial number critical? I know I just left the default one...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
mixing folders from different NAND is not a good practice.
If you dump your NAND while you already have a channel installed, it will be present on the dump and will likely contains already the needed save files and folders.

you explained different things so I don't know where you are now.
But I think clean dump (from your NAND) without merging anything is the best solution.
It will contains your Wiimote synch info, your miis, your network settings, etc.
You can use that dump for both cIOS NAND redirection and neek mode.

if a game doesn't work with cIOS, set the mode to neek in USBLoaderGX and it should work. (well, only if you installed neek or neek2o on your USB)
neek2o has better compatibility when using USB instead of SD. so, if you use modmii to generate the sneek files, choose "Uneek+di r96" and copy all the neek files to your USB:\sneek\ folder.

there's usually nothing complicated. Dumping nand and copying files to USB should be enough for 100% compatibility.
Just a thing : if you use neek mode, and launch different region game than your NAND, you need to launch neek without autoboot first and set region free in the hidden menu. then all games should work.

wailer247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would i go about changing the autoboot tilte from a pc? For instance, I have set neek2o to autoboot the nswitch channel that sends you back to the real nand. This means that I cannot get back into neek2o mode since it automatically sends me back to real nand. How can I edit the config from a pc so that the autoboot title is set back to the default?

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How would i go about changing the autoboot tilte from a pc? For instance, I have set neek2o to autoboot the nswitch channel that sends you back to the real nand. This means that I cannot get back into neek2o mode since it automatically sends me back to real nand. How can I edit the config from a pc so that the autoboot title is set back to the default?
Try deleting the hackscfg.bin file located in \sneekcache subfolder of your emunand before starting neek2o. IMPORTANT: Make a backup of the file before, probably all the hacks to be set back to defaults.

Reactions: wailer247

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using uneek rev96.

I'm using two tvs on my wii. One CRT (for my wii emulators run in 240p) and one hd (for my NGC and Wii Games in 480p). My wii is hooked to a component splitter>two tvs at the same time. I've confiigured the wii settings (widescreen, 480p/i) for each nand. Until here, everything is fine, but only if I turn the wii first on the HDTV, because if I turn on the wii nand configured in 480p on the crt, i get no image.

I've configured priiloader to aways autoboot sneek.dol (nand 480i-4:3) So, no matter what tv i'm on, it will works.

If i wanted to play any game 480p, then I should just boot neek channel to change to real nand (480p - 16:9) Right? But doing this the wii not comes back to real nand, cause it will reset, and its priiloader is configured to boot neek.

I could just do the oposite (auto boot real nand), but i prefer real nand to play wii games and store the saves on real nand, also some vc/wiiware games. I want sneek ONLY to run homebrew emulators.

Also, i've tried to hold reset when sneek is loading to boot sneek's priiloader, but wont loaded at all. But I think there's another ways, if you guys cold help.

Other thing..Its possible to auto boot USBloaderGX in real nand? I've tried on priiloader but i couldnt (using rev 1255)

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
...Also, i've tried to hold reset when sneek is loading to boot sneek's priiloader, but wont loaded at all. But I think there's another ways, if you guys cold help.
Are you using neek2o rev96? AFAIK since rev89 that neek2o no longer supports priiloader.

wailer247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to get neek2o to return to the real NAND when I hit Wii menu from inside a game? No matter what I do, if I'm playing a game, and I hit return to Wii menu, it returns me to the neek2o system menu. I need it to return me to the real NAND somehow.

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm using uneek+di (latest neek2o build) on my emunand.
it can run wiiware games fine with wiiflow but when i boot into neek from my main system menu, it's all empty except that "disc channel".
i already had some games and hidden channels installed on my nand using showmiiwads, so i couldn't figure out why they are not showing up there as channels.
that's the only problem i'm having right now.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you on WiiU vWii ? ("latest" is not helpful, could be latest official for wii, or latest beta for wiiU, or latest private build you got from overjoy on IRC)
it seems neek2o has issues displaying installed channels on vWii, but it can list them and launch them from the hidden menu.

if you are on Wii, then I don't know why you have that issue.

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry, i forgot to mention i'm on Wii and neek2o build i'm using is r96 Beta 9.6
it's strange for sure, i can play wiiware games just fine thanks to emunand but they are not appearing as channels there:D

Poglodyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm finally going to ask for some help here, been trying to get wiiware/vc games to running on hdd forever... I have wii and gc games working (mostly)

I thought neek2o was the best option since it has the highest compatibility, but I'm about done with trying that. It seemed to work for a second, until I added 700 some wads. I used this mega noob guide https://ccabz.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/neek2o-for-mega-noobs/ with the supplied US region nand. If I do end up trying neek2o again, is there a premade nand out there with the latest neek2o version? or an easy way to update that premade nand?

For now though, I think I'd be perfectly fine with just the cios nand emulation. I've tried it through wiiflow and now usbloadergx (which I like somewhat better), but neither method will actually launch any of the wiiware/vc games... just hangs and goes back to menu (whatever autoboot is set to in priiloader I think).

I'm wondering if the issue is cIOS versions? I used the d2x cIOS installer to update the ones on my real nand (per this guide https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation), and made my emunand after that with the extract options in both wiiflow and then usb loader gx.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what the problem could be? Do you think I just need a different cIOS, or just need to set wiiflow or usbloader gx to use the right one?

Hopefully I supplied enough info. If not, just let me know what else would be helpful. Thanks for reading!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
beta 9.6 is for WiiU.
that's why you have the same wiiu issue.
b9.6 was released after r96 (it should be beta 97, or 96 mod, so it's a little confusing :P) and added wiiu support, but added some bugs.

use the normal r96
https://code.google.com/p/custom-di/downloads/list
I have the same problem but 100% using normal wii version neek20 rev 96, from modmii.
When booting neek from usb loader gx it ONLY shows the game installed with USB loaders gx wad installer.
Booting neek menu from normal system menu and nswitch show ALL installed emunand channels, previousely on neek nand.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's strange, because it works for me.
I can add channels (using wad manager inside usbgx) and boot neek from the feature menu, I see the installed channels.
well, I'll do more tests to confirm it.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that's strange, because it works for me.
I can add channels (using wad manager inside usbgx) and boot neek from the feature menu, I see the installed channels.
well, I'll do more tests to confirm it.
I posted in the usblgx thread but I will post shortly here.
In jy case usb loader gx cios nand loading and neek nand loading are mixing up nand if there are multiple neek"cfg files"on you drive.
I seems usb load gx tried writing several cfg.bins at the same time ( if this is possible )
Also there is a problem wich corrupts installing some wiiware wads for some reason on emunand. ( la-mulana is a reference )
Region hacks do not work in rev 96 of neek2o. or aren't properly passed. many system file sare corrupt meddages and black screens here.

Destron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii that I soft modded years ago. Its been working fine ever since. Tonight I tried to set this up, and got it all up and running, I can get to the emunand just fine.

My issue is that now none of my games will launch!

If I try and launch from reall Nand i just get a black screen. If I try and launch from emunand then it just takes me back to the system menu.

My games are on an NTSF partition and I read it didn't like that so I moved a couple to my FAT32 partition but still have the same issue.

I used this guide to set it up

https://ccabz.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/neek2o-emunand-setup-for-noobs/

Using UNEEK+DI neek2o rev95 and Wiilow 4.2.1 -r442

EDIT: If I go into WiiFlow setting and set NAND Emulation to Off then games will launch from real Nand,but on Emunand it just kicks me back to system menu

Last edited by Destron,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c