• Likes 5

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You said you put them on your FAT32 partition, so you have more than one partition?
If you use neek (or neek2o), you need the FAT32 partition to be first on the partition table. (FAT, then NTFS, not the contrary), the drive needs to have a MBR partition table (not GPT)
if you don't use neek, but cIOS mode for emuNAND, then it's compatible with drives containing multiple partitions.

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Anyone knows why on neek2o and neek every game and channel forwarder gives me a blackscreen/panic ?
I tried wiiflow(kernel panic), usb loader gx (boot back to menu), homebrew filter (other thread but also boot to menu) and CFG USBLoader (black screen).
They do work on real vwii nand though.

Destron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i missed that the partition needs to be MBR, luckily i was doing this on a new drive with only 2 games on it. Now its working thanks!

I was initially getting a kernal panic in WiiFlow trying to install games, which is a must for me because all my games on my HD are legit games I own (I am anal about my games and this protects them from the kids lol) but I deleted the config file and then it worked perfectly.

Last edited by Destron,

Eldon.McGuinness

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Is neek2o able to load GC games? I try to load the games from usb, using the "1" button and selecting the title. Once the GC game screen shows up in the disc channel I click to play it and it shuts down the Wii. Now I used the "WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece Pack by Abz" and if I use WiiFlow outside of neek2o I can run GC games just fine, but inside the neek2o nand I can not. I really don't care about using WiiFlow IN the neek2o nand setup, but I seem to be stuck using it if I want a seemless setup.

If I try to run wiiflow outside of nand2o I can not run wiiware titles without specifying to use neek2o and this is an issue as when I exit the wiiware title I am still in nand2o.

Would love to know if there is a fix or setting that I am missing to solve either of these two issues.
Cheers!

--UPDATE--
I figured out the nand settings are not global, but instead are per section in wiiflow. This in mind I just mapped the return app to the nswitcher app. This allows me to run WiiWare on neek2o and still come back to the system nand on exit. Would still love to know what the issue is with launching GC games from inside of neek2o though.

Last edited by Eldon.McGuinness,

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Anything that runs on the Wii's real NAND works on NEEK.
Yes I can play "everything" as GreyWolf stated. Even Castlevania Rebirth. ;)
Thank you both for your reply :)
Did you use any specific tutorial? I tried 2 different ones and I always ended up with a blackscreen on everything when I start it on the NEEK

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you both for your reply :)
Did you use any specific tutorial? I tried 2 different ones and I always ended up with a blackscreen on everything when I start it on the NEEK
How do you start it?
I've dumped NAND to emuNAND using USB Loader GX. Then I placed the sneek folder into USB drive root and on the game I want to launch I use as start method "neek" and that's it.

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
How do you start it?
I've dumped NAND to emuNAND using USB Loader GX. Then I placed the sneek folder into USB drive root and on the game I want to launch I use as start method "neek" and that's it.
Which kernel do you use ? A Beta from the neek2o channel or the self compiled one from joostins thread?
The self-compiled sneek one just boots me into the emunand environment and from there i cannot run the game "cannot use this channel" as it is out of region.

Last edited by shadoom,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which kernel do you use ? A Beta from the neek2o channel or the self compiled one from joostins thread?
The self-compiled sneek one just boots me into the emunand environment and from there i cannot run the game "cannot use this channel" as it is out of region.

I just use the latest one available in ModMii. It's the easiest way to build it. If you're only using it with USB Loader GX you don't need the DI part unless you want to mount and run disc images but it doesn't hurt to include it. There is a wad manager in the GX menu that you can use to install your game titles.

From what I understand the neek2o option to boot straight to a disc-based game is currently broken.

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I just use the latest one available in ModMii. It's the easiest way to build it. If you're only using it with USB Loader GX you don't need the DI part unless you want to mount and run disc images but it doesn't hurt to include it. There is a wad manager in the GX menu that you can use to install your game titles.

From what I understand the neek2o option to boot straight to a disc-based game is currently broken.
ModMii ? Sorry I think I didnt say that I'm running it on a vWii not a real Wii. As far as I know ModMii doesnt support vWii right?
When running the Emunand Channel through USB Loader GX with Launch settings set to NEEK it says "Kernel is not a neek2o file" and without it at all it says "no kernel file found".
I've been lurking in the neek2o chat for a bit but couldnt get anyone to post that link to me yet :(

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I sent you a message.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the point is that neek2o compiler and sources for vWii has not been released, there's only an illegal leak floating around.
You'll have to search the files yourself.

there's an official sneek for vWii thread and guide if you want.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the point is that neek2o compiler and sources for vWii has not been released, there's only an illegal leak floating around.
You'll have to search the files yourself.

there's an official sneek for vWii thread and guide if you want.
Do you know if they are still working on the neek2o for vWii? Like are you in friends with or keep in touch with any of the developers of it? I'm not trying to ask "When is it officially being released?". I'm just wondering if it's actively being worked on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 700w is still reliable for most builds