Hacking Need specific instructions for driveless USB Loader GX (Neek2o)

Dark11Void

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently found out that USB Loader GX is capable of supporting Neek2o for booting applications through EmuNAND -- also, as the title states, I don't have a disc drive. I've spent at least 12 hours looking for as much information as I could get for how to set up USB Loader GX to use Neek2o, and I just barely managed to get the program to load WiiWare titles, but not any Wii titles. Loading WiiWare is nice and all (because that something I couldn't do before), but was not the primary reason for setting this up.

I spent several more hours trying to figure out how to launch Wii titles, but nope. Nothing. I eventually got p***ed off and just erased everything and installed PortablizeMii. Yeah, I can run Wii titles, but I'm not very fond of the application -- it's got it's own slough of hair-pulling problems. Very little to nearly non-existent customization (as compared to the HUGE amount of customization I can do through USB Loader GX for Nintendont, and countless other features), requires a USB drive, not very intuitive for how to load WiiWare, and generally not all that pleasing to look at/navigate.

I want to start over from scratch with USB Loader GX (wiping my drives -- everything). Is there anyone out there who knows how to set USB Loader GX to both load WiiWare AND Wii games on a system that does not have a disc drive? Having a complete solution for me, and for everyone else that doesn't have a disc drive I imagine would be greatly appreciated.

The last time I installed neek through USB Loader GX, I followed a myriad of processes set-out by someone called Cyan, a Global Moderator here on this site. Given I got WiiWare to run at least, this person was very on-the-ball about the whole process, but I think their explanations now may either be out of date, or incomplete (for getting Wii tittles to work). I wasn't able to accomplish it through ModMii (couldn't get it to work on the internet even with my firewall and AV shut off -- don't know what to do with proxy settings -- never messed with them before, and doubted it would change anything anyway), but I was able to do it with their step-by-step process with individual files and using NUS Downloader. (I'm only stating this as some background as to what I've tried).

Again, while I did have SOME success following their guide, I ended up getting very confused (maybe because the guide wasn't addressing the specific use I need) and just lost it.

Last bit of info: I use both my SD and my USB for different things. SD for Homebrew apps and emulators with ROMS, USB for wfbs Wii titles and Gamecube games. Not sure if that makes any difference, but I thought I'd add that anyway.

Last edited by Dark11Void,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0