Hacking Need some help.. error 003 :S

SoraK05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Hi.
My friend brought me a Korean Wii converted to 4.1U with HBC, and I installed the latest CIOS249 and 250 for him.
I also accidentally installed 4.2U and rebooted, forgetting that Korean Wiis produce an error like this.

I don't have a DVD Drive with a modchip but I have a WODE, and I also have a GameCube controller.

I have tried an autoboot ISO (BLIND) which is meant to use IOS249, and it stops loading after the WODE shows about 15 reads or so - I presume because it is trucha signed..
I have also tried SwapDisc-PWNS with a PAL SSBB and USA Boom Blox Smash Party and also USA Carnival Games.

According to this - http://gbatemp.net/topic/207572-guide-how-to-fix-korean-42-error-003-unauthorized-device-ha/
It says that Boom Blox needs to spin up and Carnival Games does not.

Interestingly, when I press HOME, in Boom Blox there are no reads showing on the WODE, but with Carnival Games it is constantly reading even while in the HOME menu.

With both of these, when I swap the ISO using the WODE to SSBB-PAL (everything processed with SwapDisc-PWNS), if I press HOME again to return to the game, after 1 read on the WODE it loses response to the Wii Remote and I cannot press HOME, and the game crashes after a few seconds. If I press reset directly without pressing HOME to return to the 'title screen' and going back, it seems to read a small amount of data before the WODE shows a message saying 'ISO EJECTED' and I get an ERROR 003 message displayed on the screen.

Have I done something wrong, or does it not work with the WODE?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have I not used a wode for this, but I can be done. I don't know the exact specifics with wode, but giantpune, deadlyfoez, and airline38 have done this with wode.

From my understanding with wode the starfox vc demo game from ssbb-usa works well to load ssbb-pal via swap. I belive this was loaded from the wodes usb, not disc.

First you need 1:1 iso of ssbb-usa and ssbb-pal
Make the starfox iso from ssbb-usa with wit
Code:
wit mix ssbb-usa.iso select HBLE as 0.data --dest starfox.iso
Code:
wit edit starfox.iso --id=0SBE01 --name "SwapDisc-PWNS" --region USA --modify=DISC
then make the ssbb-pal iso
Code:
wit edit ssbb-pal.iso --id=0SBE01 --name "SwapDisc-PWNS" --region USA --modify=DISC

Copy both of those to the wode usb, load the startfox iso, when it prompts for clasic controler swap the iso with wode and reset. I don't know exactly how that works, but something like that I believe.​

I personaly have not been able to get starfox to load ssbb-pal, it has loaded other titles for me. But I was using modchip. All the disc swaps in the guide have worked for me, so test those and give the starfox a try. Perhaps pm deadlyfoez or giantpune for more info on doing it with the wode as I really have no idea.​

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly not the person that knows full out about the details, but I would honestly refrain from PMing anyone because it does tend to upset people. If anyone has anything to offer then they will say it in here. I know pune reads a lot of the threads, but is usually silent. If a day or 2 passes and he has not responded then I will mention this thread to him in IRC.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found this, it should help
[quote name=giantpune]
quote - giantpune @ wodejukebox
stuff in [] are references to notes. see the bottom of the page.

materials:
SD card (non SDHC)
bricked wii
savemii/savemiifrii/gamecube controller
"Super Smash Bros" (PAL), version RVL-RSBP-0B-0 USA ( i believe "Dairantou Smash Brothers X" (KOR) will also work, but i didnt test it )
a game that is the same region as your currently installed system menu. [1]
wit
understanding of why the wii behaves the way it does, and what must be done to change its behavior [2]
some homebrew [3]
(optional)WiiMote [4]
smash stack exploit - (PAL/KOR), aka "st_smashStackPK.bin"[5]
WODE & HDD/SSD/SDHC card [6]

procedure:

1) start by installing the WODE in the wii. there are instructions and video guides aplenty for this.

2) even though the wii is not really functional, WODE is still able to dump games. so, turn on the wii, and use WODE to dump SSBB and for users whose system menu is different than SSBB, your other game to HDD. again, if you need help dumping a game with WODE, check the internet.

3) dumping the game may take a while. if you dont already have the savemii ready, now is a good time to take apart the gamecube controller. there are lots of savemiifrii tutorials/videos out there if you dont know how to create one.

4) once the games are done dumping, you need to copy 1 of them to your PC. if SSBB and your system menu are the same region copy the SSBB iso. otherwise copy the other game. we will be patching the game. you might care to keep the original copy in a safe place in case you mess up on the patching step and need to repeat it.

5) run the command:
wit DUMP <your game.iso> --psel=DATA --show=intro,P-Info

it should produce output similar to this

ISO file size: 2280000/hex = 36175872 = 35 MiB
Scrubbed size: 2240000/hex = 35913728 = 34 MiB, 99.3%
File & disc type: ISO/WII & Wii
Disc & part IDs: disc=RSBJ01, ticket=HBLJ, tmd=HBLJ, boot=HBLJZZ
Disc name: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
ID Region: Japan [JAPA]
Region setting: 0 [Japan] / 00 80 80 80 80 80 80 80
System version: 00000001-00000015 = IOS 0x15 = IOS 21
Partitions: 1 [encrypted, well signed]
Directories: 9
Files: 162
Used ISO blocks: 1096 * 32 KiB = 34 MiB

Partition table #0, partition #0, type 0 [DATA]:
TICKET & TMD are well signed. Partition is encrypted.
Partition key: 6efb3581 aeef8d2b bb270f66 8dc2e868
Partition IDs: ticket=HBLJ, tmd=HBLJ, boot=HBLJZZ
boot.bin, title: StarFox JP Partition
System version: 00000001-00000015 = IOS 0x15 = IOS 21
Directories: 9
Files: 162

There are a couple things to look for. first, make sure you see "TICKET & TMD are well signed". that means that the game contains the proper signature. next look for this line "Disc & part IDs: disc=RSBJ01, ...". the ID will likely be different, but you need to write it down somewhere, leave the terminal open, or remember it for later.

6) in order to get a game to boot, one of the IDs needs to be patched. take the ID you got in the last step, and change the first character to '0' run the command:
wit EDIT <your game.iso> --id=0SBJ01 --modify=DISC
substitute your ID in here.

7) repeat step 5. the game should still have the valid signature, and the ID should now be the same, except it starts with a '0'. put the game on your HDD. if your SSBB disc is the same region as your system menu (meaning you have patched your SSBB iso to have a different ID), you will need to tell WODE to treat your patched SSBB iso as dual layer to avoid the 001 error. create a file on your HDD
HDD:/iso/duallayer.list
and in this file, put the ID of your patched iso. make sure to save it with this exact filename and dont let your gay OS (windows) put ".txt" at the end of it. connect the HDD to the WODE.

8) power off the wii, connect the savemii(frii) TO GC PORT 4 of the wii and turn it on. this should start you up to the recovery menu ( black screen with white text ). if it doesnt, then try again or watch a youtube tutorial or something.

9) go to WODE settings->gamepatches and disable updates. then mount the iso you patched in step 6. after a few seconds, the WODE blue LED should start blinking and eventually boot your game. if your system menu and SSBB are the same region, skip to step #12

10) navigate to whatever part of your game you decided was the spot where it was safe to switch discs. press eject, WODE unmounts your iso, select your SSBB iso, WODE mounts that game. press reset. what you SHOULD see is that SSBB starts up. if you dont see this, then you have selected either a game that this swap doesnt work on, or a bad spot in the game to try the iso swap. go back and try again.

11) when SSBB started up, it probably jumped directly to its Virtual console trial list. if it did, press reset on the wii, and the game should start normally.

12) at this point, SSBB should be starting up normally. that is, it starts out by showing its strap screen. if you see a green screen saying "please insert the right DVD", then you are using the wrong version of the game. pay attention here, you need to know if the game has a save present on the wii or not, as you will need to use a different exploit for each situation. if it asks to create a save, then it obviously doesn't already have one. if it does NOT ask you to create a save, then it already has one.

if the game already has a save, or if you told it to create a new one, then navigate to the stage builder and delete any existing custom stages. then press B to back out of the stage builder.

13) the paths SSBB will use are not hardcoded into the game. it forms part of this path by looking at the ID that the system menu copied into memory when it booted the game. put your SD card in your PC. go back to the ID you used in step #6 & #7. you need to create a folder on your SD card based off this ID. drop the last 2 characters of the ID, leaving you 4. since my ID was "0SBJ01", and i drop the last 2, i am left with "0SBJ". so make the folder
SD:/private/wii/app/0SBJ/st/
substitute your ID in this path. once you have the folders created, put the smashstack exploit stage in there, and no other stages. based on what happened in step #12, you will need to use the correct exploit. use the *_noSave* one if there is not a save present on the wii.
SD:/private/wii/app/0SBJ/st/st_smashStackPK.bin
put whatever homebrew you want loaded on the root of the SD card as:
SD:/boot.elf

14) if you are going to be using a wiimote for any of the homebrew you intendo to use to fix this wii, now is the time to sync it. it must be synced using the RED buttons. if you dont know how to do this, see the wii instruction manual.

15) insert the SD card in the wii and enter the stage builder again. it should load your boot.elf from the SD card. possible errors...
a) the game says there are no stages on the SD card. you have used the incorrect ID/folder or file nmae. make sure the paths in step #13
are correct make sure the stage name is "st_******.bin"
b) the game displays no stages, it is not frozen, and the SD icon on the screen has a red circle with a line through it. use a non-SDHC
and make sure it is really inserted into the wii SD card slot
c) the game freezes while still showing the stage builder menu. this is caused by incorrect memory layout at the time the exploit is tried.
many previous steps are important to ensure the game's memory is in the proper state for the exploit. everything from making sure
the game starts from the strap screen, using the correct exploit depending on if there is a save for the game in the wii memory, no other
custom stages on the NAND or SD card, etc. reread the steps starting from when you are loading SSBB and try again.
d) the game crashes, the screen goes black with white text, and it cant load the homebrew from the SD card. try with a different homebrew.
on rare cases, it may be the way the SD card is formatted, but very unlikely.

16) at this point, you are able to boot homebrew on your wii. you dont have to try to fix it in 1 shot. you may want to run 1 program and then go back to step #8 and repeat for loading different programs. before i make any changes to the wii, i like to know the state of it. it is good to check if you already have HBC, what is the state of the system menu & its IOS, ect. i highly recommend running an elf that will provide you all this information before you make any changes to the wii. if you are lucky, there would already be HBC installed and possibly bootmii. the best thing to do here is make a NAND dump with bootmii before you make any changes to the wii. keep the wii's keys in a safe place. this is a really smart time to stop for a minute and plan your next steps carefully. and dont do anything without knowing EXACTLY what it is you are doing

NOTES:
[1] if the installed system menu is a different region than your SSBB disc, then you must perform some extra steps, including booting a game for the same region as your system menu and later switching to SSBB. not ANY game will do, but the list of ones that work is too long to list them all. the main requirement is that there is a spot in the game where it goes for some time without reading from the DVD drive. you need about 10 seconds or more where the WODE's blue light does not flash. you want to be able to press eject on the wode and have it unmount the iso without the game complaining about it. many times, there is a screen that says "you need a classic controller to play this game", or even during the initial strap screen where this is possible. i know for a fact it can be done on the "wii sports" strap screen if you are fast enough. it also works with "big buck hunter pro" on the strap screen, and there is much more time than with "wii sports".

[2] trying to fix a brick usually requires potentially dangerous programs. if you dont understand exactly what it is you are doing and why you are doing it, you likely will make the problem worse. following a guide you found on the internet is not the same as understanging the problem and the solution.

[3] there are MANY different homebrew programs available that can be used to fix the 003 error. i do not endorse any specific one of them. and i will not suggest which one you should use. what i DO STRONGLY ADVISE is that you examine the state of the wii before making any changes. and use bootmii to create a NAND dump even before you try to fix anything in the NAND FS. it is entirely possible that you will screw it up worse than it already is.

[4] the wiimote is not required. but lots of useful homebrew ( such as the hackmii installer ) require one.

[5] i have created the smash stack exploit in 2 different flavors. one of them works if there is a save file for the game on the wii NAND. the other one works if there is NOT a SSBB save on the wii. only 1 of them should be in the folder when you try to get the game to load it. having anything else in this folder may cause it not to work.

[6] if you are using a copy of SSBB that is the same region as your system menu, you will need to use a WODE with firmware that supports the duallayer.list. aside from this, there is nothing ive seen that sholud be affected by different firmwares.

LINKS:
wit http://wit.wiimm.de/
wode instalation
wode ripping games
savemiifrii
how to sync wiimote http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/system ... .jsp#Synch
SSBB http://wiitdb.com/Game/RSBP01 OR http://wiitdb.com/Game/RSBK01

smashstack Pal/KOR http://giantpune.zzl...ashStackPK.html[/quote]

SoraK05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Hi. I found out what I was missing.
I made the duallayer.list for the WODE support 0SBE, since in hindsight the symptom of the disc loading a little and crashing is it from being a dual layer game without a code for it (I experienced this with The Last Story).
The missing step was the duallayer.list addition for the changed ID code.

I just had to press HOME in carnival games, put in SSBB, and click on reset, without having to press HOME to return to the 'title screen' or anything like that - just reset straight away.

Thanks to everyone for the help.
The post reminded me about the duallayer list factor with the WODE in particular.

SilviaWolfenson

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi
I don't know what the problem is but I can't do the wit . Every time I am getting an error , no matter if I do the MarioKart or Swap or the following code :
"run the command"

wit DUMP --psel=DATA --show=intro,P-Info

"wit: error # 24 [can't open file ] in SetupReadSF scr/lib-sf.c#387
can't open file : ssbb-usa.iso "

Please your help !!!! I don't know what should I do to solve the issue

SilviaWolfenson

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi. I found out what I was missing. I made the duallayer.list for the WODE support 0SBE, since in hindsight the symptom of the disc loading a little and crashing is it from being a dual layer game without a code for it (I experienced this with The Last Story). The missing step was the duallayer.list addition for the changed ID code. I just had to press HOME in carnival games, put in SSBB, and click on reset, without having to press HOME to return to the 'title screen' or anything like that - just reset straight away. Thanks to everyone for the help. The post reminded me about the duallayer list factor with the WODE in particular.

Hi,
I am trying to do the same but in home screen when trying to switch to SSBB the wii gives a message to put the DVD of Carnival games again, In addition the SSBB is loading a little bit and then the wode is ejecting it . I don't understand why. What can be the reason of the autoeject of the wode ??

SoraK05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
After using DiscSwap-PWNS, load the ID edited Carnival Games USA (swap.iso) in the recovery menu of the Wii, press HOME at some point, load the ID edited Super Smash Bros Brawl PAL (ssbb-pal.iso), press reset in the HOME menu, and it will work.

It will ask for the Carnival Games disc when you eject, and when you load the SSBB ISO it will go back to the HOME menu without asking for the Carnival Games disc, since the IDs will match (0SBE01, as well as other information like game title and region and such).

When using a WODE, the firmware on the WODE contains IDs for known dual layer games. As the edited ID is not in the WODE's firmware database, one has to put the ID 0SBE01 into a duallayer.list file on the USB drive so that the WODE will not eject it, and that it will allow it as a recognized dual layer game based on the ID.

The WODE will eject a dual layer ISO which is not in the firmware's list or in a duallayer.list file after a few reads.

SilviaWolfenson

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
insert the SD card in the wii and enter the stage builder again. it should load your boot.elf from the SD card. possible errors...
a) the game says there are no stages on the SD card. you have used the incorrect ID/folder or file nmae. make sure the paths in step #13
are correct make sure the stage name is "st_******.bin"
b) the game displays no stages, it is not frozen, and the SD icon on the screen has a red circle with a line through it. use a non-SDHC
and make sure it is really inserted into the wii SD card slot
c) the game freezes while still showing the stage builder menu. this is caused by incorrect memory layout at the time the exploit is tried.
many previous steps are important to ensure the game's memory is in the proper state for the exploit. everything from making sure
the game starts from the strap screen, using the correct exploit depending on if there is a save for the game in the wii memory, no other
custom stages on the NAND or SD card, etc. reread the steps starting from when you are loading SSBB and try again.
d) the game crashes, the screen goes black with white text, and it cant load the homebrew from the SD card. try with a different homebrew.
on rare cases, it may be the way the SD card is formatted, but very unlikely.]

Hi , again I need your help.
I succeeded to load the ssbb-pal.iso with the swap method with the starfox . It worked like a charm, immediatelly . It helped me a lot the video posted by giantpune long ago as I saw a trick that was not mentioned before in any post. (The trick was to press the reset in the wii after loading the ssbb-pal.iso with the wode).
So I am able to load the ssbb game but....now the smash stack is not loading.
I have deleted any stages in the stage builder, I have restarted the game, etc, etc. The exploit is not loading. I have tried several sd cards ( no SDHC), all of them formated to Fat32 . I have put in the sd root the correct exploit ( the one for the game with save as I have a saved game ). I have changed in the folder to the right directory ( 0SBE) , the same as the game ID dropping the last 2 digits . I am reading so carefully giantpune instructions and following them strictly .
WHAT NOW ????
I don't know why every time that I am returning to the stage builder is showing me the "NEW " without loading the homebrew.
PLEASE PLEASE YOUR HELP !!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why is every step making me crazy , it is not going easy at all....but I am not quiting!!!!

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are two smash stack pal exploits, one for a wii with a savegame installed and one for a wii without a savegame. Be sure you are using the correct exploit. Possibly you do or do not have a save game installed on the wii. If one is not working, try the other. Also only standard sd cards work, 1-2 gig. SDHC will not work in SSBB.​

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist