Questions regarding modded Wii

Hadamard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Long short story: back in the day, I got a korean Wii without knowing that it was region-changed, so I bought an original copy of DKCR, updated the console with it... and it bricked (with an Error 003, I believe).
Thankfully, I found some folks that knew how to deal with that problem and they restored the console with an american firmware (in version 4.3).
So my question is: after all that, can I connect the console to the internet and open the Wii Shop Channel without any problems?

And one more thing: I have one of these chips that allow the console to run "non-original" games / games from different regions.
Can I run an original Game Cube game on the console normally?

Thanks everyone

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So my question is: after all that, can I connect the console to the internet and open the Wii Shop Channel without any problems?
Firstly, I would do some educational reading about Wii mods & where they can end up if things go wrong. Seriously !!
Not trying to scare you, but if you stick to plain basics, you can play many game types if you just plan ahead. Just ask for URL's that will educate you :)
And one more thing: I have one of these chips that allow the console to run "non-original" games / games from different regions.
Can I run an original Game Cube game on the console normally?
You got a hard-mod. Not much or no support these days. Know & understand your mod. You haven't supplied any of your hard-mod info (maybe you don't know ?).

Soft-mods have come a looooong way since hard-mods. Pending on what you wanna do, you need to educate yourself on what's out there. Read & keep reading. It's all for your benefit :)

Reactions: Hadamard

Hadamard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Firstly, I would do some educational reading about Wii mods & where they can end up if things go wrong. Seriously !!
Not trying to scare you, but if you stick to plain basics, you can play many game types if you just plan ahead. Just ask for URL's that will educate you :)

You got a hard-mod. Not much or no support these days. Know & understand your mod. You haven't supplied any of your hard-mod info (maybe you don't know ?).

Soft-mods have come a looooong way since hard-mods. Pending on what you wanna do, you need to educate yourself on what's out there. Read & keep reading. It's all for your benefit :)

In fact I didn't gave any other information because I don't know much. I got the console at its height (in 2009), and I didn't knew about all that korean Wii / hard-mod thing back in the day, so the only info I've got is the one in my first post. That's why I came here - to try to find some answers before doing anything.

I would like to take a look at these URL's. I looked a bit on WiiBrew, but since I don't have much knowledge in modding, it didn't helped me much.

Thank you for your support.

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Firstly - Is it a hard-mod (internal chip addition) ?
To know that, you will have to tell me your game boot & media type used, procedure/s, & is there any USB devices plugged in the back of your Wii, &/or any SD card in the front of your Wii (?).
We'll get these out of the way 1st :)

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm gonna hafta bow out (at least for now) & hope somebody else here can help you :(

My daughter just got rushed for a emergency caesarian (twins).
Running around like a headless chook with worry :(

Sorry !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?