Korean Wii with error 003, need help with Mario Kart PWNS

osprey23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I have a Korean Wii that is installed with Wiikey 2 and region changed to USA that got the 003 error brick after updating to 4.3U.

I followed the stheix Youtube video on unbricking the 003 using Mario Kart PWNS. I managed to reach the point where I pressed Home button, switch disc to Super Smash Bros Brawl, then press home again to install the Mario Kart Channel. When I click on Install, I get a prompt stating that there is not enough memory, see screen capture below.

I am unable to proceed further to use the stage builder exploit. Can anyone suggest anything? Is there anyway to delete saved files on memory with just the Savemiifri approach?

Any help or suggestion is appreciated. Thank you!

20221218_131558.jpg

osprey23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
After much more research, finally found an easier way to fix the brick, using SaveMiiFrii and BlueBomb.

Here's what I did for those who are interested:
1. Make an autoboot Carnival Games NTSC disc.
2. Extracted the main.dol.
3. Generated the stage0 file.
4. Load BlueBomb specifying the specific stage0 file.
5. Follow the rest of the instruction on SaveMiiFri and BlueBomb.

Cheers!

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd assume this is the most problematic step as it requires either a modchip or something like cIOSCorp/DarkCorp already installed to even start the disc. We can't create valid Wii discs.

Thanks for sharing your solution instead of a "nvm I fixed it" (which many people do when solving their own problem!)

osprey23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I'd assume this is the most problematic step as it requires either a modchip or something like cIOSCorp/DarkCorp already installed to even start the disc. We can't create valid Wii discs.

Thanks for sharing your solution instead of a "nvm I fixed it" (which many people do when solving their own problem!)
You are right. I am fortunate as I opened up my Wii console and verified that there is a Wiikey 2 installed already, otherwise I will not be able to boot as I don't have DarkCorp installed previously.

Lucky for me. :D

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are right. I am fortunate as I opened up my Wii console and verified that there is a Wiikey 2 installed already, otherwise I will not be able to boot as I don't have DarkCorp installed previously.

Lucky for me. :D
The WiiKey 2 is a clone of the D2Lite, matter of fact, you can also flash the WK2 firmware onto the D2Lite thinking about it.

Reactions: osprey23

Aat_m8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
After much more research, finally found an easier way to fix the brick, using SaveMiiFrii and BlueBomb.

Here's what I did for those who are interested:
2. Extracted the main.dol.
3. Generated the stage0 file.
4. Load BlueBomb specifying the specific stage0 file.
5. Follow the rest of the instruction on SaveMiiFri and BlueBomb.

Cheers!
idk if you trying to say that you created the "way" to fix the brick but thats not the case.
all credit is due to 2 people fullmetal5 (the creator of the bluebomb exploit) and Wiicrazy which posted the bluebomb error 003 fix tutorial over a year ago https://gbatemp.net/threads/bluebomb-an-exploit-for-the-wii-wii-mini.549123/post-9519834

osprey23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
idk if you trying to say that you created the "way" to fix the brick but thats not the case.
all credit is due to 2 people fullmetal5 (the creator of the bluebomb exploit) and Wiicrazy which posted the bluebomb error 003 fix tutorial over a year ago https://gbatemp.net/threads/bluebomb-an-exploit-for-the-wii-wii-mini.549123/post-9519834

I didn't say that I created the "method" to fix the brick. I did not come across the post you have shared, instead I found out through the discord channel that some other folks have discussed. I am merely sharing I did to fix the brick so that others can be aware and take the same approach if they run into issues.

If you need some evidence that I am not trying to get "credit" you can take a look at my earlier post on this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/korean-...elp-with-mario-kart-pwns.623485/post-10029578

Peace.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...