Hacking Need new battery soon

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The battery of my DS Lite is pretty old and I've charged it a lot. I'm afraid it's gonna run dry in a couple of months.
Suppose I were to get a replacement battery from the internet. A customer service employee of Nintendo of Europe told me that a EUR battery pack is incompatible with my American handheld.
Is that really true, or is he selling me BS? I don't know if it's even possible to import an official battery directly from NoA. (i.e. for a European) Also, I don't feel like settling for a 3rd party product.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS phats and lites are region free, meaning they are all the same across all regions. The ONLY thing that is different is the charger pack, since some countries run 220V and others run 110V.

Batteries between different STYLES of DS (I.E.- DSphat, DSlite, DSi, DSi XL) ARE different, but as long as you buy a battery for YOUR particular style DS (in your case, a DSlite) it will work, no matter what country you or your DS is from.

I don't know what that NoE employee was smoking, but he's wrong. He must have misunderstood your question and thought you were talking about the charger pack or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c