GCN need Help with Nintendont and Wired Switch Pro Controller

franjork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, Franjork here. I really need your help; What im having trouble with is that im trying to use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller connected via Usb cable in one of the backports of the wii, which i know its possible, its just that i dont have the ,ini file that goes in the "Controllers" folder, and i cant make it in my computer with the universal HID ini maker cause for my computer to recognize the NSPC i need to use the Proconxinput, witch automatically labels it as a Xbox controller. So, can someone tell me where to get or how to make one that works wired? I know the SPC Vid is 057e and Pid is 2009, but the app goes nuts when i try to set it up. Thanks in asvancement
294621686_762842421578345_1540422464692337182_n.jpg

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Franjork here. I really need your help; What im having trouble with is that im trying to use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller connected via Usb cable in one of the backports of the wii, which i know its possible, its just that i dont have the ,ini file that goes in the "Controllers" folder, and i cant make it in my computer with the universal HID ini maker cause for my computer to recognize the NSPC i need to use the Proconxinput, witch automatically labels it as a Xbox controller. So, can someone tell me where to get or how to make one that works wired? I know the SPC Vid is 057e and Pid is 2009, but the app goes nuts when i try to set it up. Thanks in asvancementView attachment 319173
Not sure if the Switch Pro controller is compatible with Nintendont, most likely not.
I'd ask @pedro702 about it. Also not sure what you're trying to do to make it work on the PC' side.. You can't just make Nintendont recognize it as an Xbox controller by just editing the .ini file..

Reactions: impeeza

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not sure if the Switch Pro controller is compatible with Nintendont, most likely not.
I'd ask @pedro702 about it. Also not sure what you're trying to do to make it work on the PC' side.. You can't just make Nintendont recognize it as an Xbox controller by just editing the .ini file..
afaik switch pro controller doesnt work with current hid protocols nintendont uses, you would need an adapter or to hardcode the controller.ini because afaik it isnt a standard hid controller through usb.

Reactions: impeeza and CoolMe

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, Franjork here. I really need your help; What im having trouble with is that im trying to use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller connected via Usb cable in one of the backports of the wii, which i know its possible, its just that i dont have the ,ini file that goes in the "Controllers" folder, and i cant make it in my computer with the universal HID ini maker cause for my computer to recognize the NSPC i need to use the Proconxinput, witch automatically labels it as a Xbox controller. So, can someone tell me where to get or how to make one that works wired? I know the SPC Vid is 057e and Pid is 2009, but the app goes nuts when i try to set it up. Thanks in asvancementView attachment 319173
afaik no one managed to get wired switch controller working on nintendont, if it was on wiiu apps like hid to vpad than that is totally different from nintendont.

Reactions: CoolMe

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Nintendo Switch pro controller IS NOT supported by NintendoNT, only standard HID Joystick or HID GamePads are supported, A.K.A. android mode for most of multi protocol controllers like 8BitDo.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/#Controllers

if you want to know if a controller works, you can use https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/raw/master/controllerconfigs/HID_Test.dol to test if the controller is recognized.

NintendoNT doesn't support controllers using special protocols like Xbox, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?