need help with USB controllers

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, I have 3 usb controllers

1 Pro5 controller ps4 https://www.pro-controller.com/portfolio/pro5-real-madrid/?lang=en
2 PC USB Logitech Precision https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-963335-0403-Precision-Gamepad/dp/B00030AX3Q
3 PDP Fight Pad Pro Nintendo Switch https://www.gamestop.com/gaming-acc...on-wired-fight-pad-pro-controller/219130.html

for some reason I can't get them to work with nintendon't or retroarch on wii

i did a hid test, and all 3 controllers work fine (every button i press changes value)

I created controller.ini put it in the root of my SD card and copied and pasted the values for my controller (PDP Fight Pad Pro Nintendo Switch) in it that i found here https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-wii-usb-gamecube-controller-nintendo-switch.552109/ I do not know whether these are the right values, but VID and PID are the same as those of my controller

[Nintendo Switch GameCube Controller Wired Fight Pad Pro]
VID=0E6F
PID=0185
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=1
DigitalAnalog=2
Power=1,30
A=0,04
B=0,02
X=0,08
Y=0,01
Z=0,10
L=0,40
R=0,80
S=1,02
Left=2,06
Down=2,04
Right=2,02
Up=2,00
RightUp=2,01
DownRight=2,03
DownLeft=2,05
UpLeft=2,07
CStickY=6
CStickX=5
StickY=4
StickX=3
LAnalog=1,04
RAnalog=1,08

i switched native controls off in nintendon't and chose hid in the driver section of the retroarch menu

but nothing works, not one single button responds. Am I doing something wrong here?

Can someone help?

Last edited by cereal_killer,

Spacefreak18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have any luck?

I'm thinking of attempting this myself with some N64 to USB adapters.

My first recommendation would be to get it to work with RetroArch on your PC first.

I read your other posts too. Drivers shouldn't matter. The whole point of USB HID is all devices use one generic driver.

Also, some google searching showed me that the USB HID functionality inside RetroArch Wii has been broken and fixed several times. Which version do you have? It may be worth trying a different version.

eduall

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Disable native controller from configuration of your game inside nintendont.

Update your Nintendont manually

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have any luck?

I'm thinking of attempting this myself with some N64 to USB adapters.

My first recommendation would be to get it to work with RetroArch on your PC first.

I read your other posts too. Drivers shouldn't matter. The whole point of USB HID is all devices use one generic driver.

Also, some google searching showed me that the USB HID functionality inside RetroArch Wii has been broken and fixed several times. Which version do you have? It may be worth trying a different version.
Finally, had some time to mess around with the PC version of RetroArch. I connected the Pro5 controller ps4 and it didn't work when set to "hid" then I changed it to "xinput" and it works fine (on the PC version that is). But there's no xinput option in the Wii version (only gx and hid) or is it?

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finally, had some time to mess around with the PC version of RetroArch. I connected the Pro5 controller ps4 and it didn't work when set to "hid" then I changed it to "xinput" and it works fine (on the PC version that is). But there's no xinput option in the Wii version (only gx and hid) or is it?
To use USB on Retroarch on Wii you must enable HID

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use USB on Retroarch on Wii you must enable HID
do you really think i didn't try that? It doesn't work even though both of my USB controllers work fine on Nintendon't and I even did a Wii Hid test or whatever it is called and everything works fine.

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
do you really think i didn't try that? It doesn't work even though both of my USB controllers work fine on Nintendon't and I even did a Wii Hid test or whatever it is called and everything works fine.
Sure, I'm just confirming it to you.
I can't confirm it's working now, because I tried with the oficial Retroarch (not Hexaeco) years ago, late 2019 o early 2020. So not sure if the newer ones is working

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, I'm just confirming it to you.
I can't confirm it's working now, because I tried with the oficial Retroarch (not Hexaeco) years ago, late 2019 o early 2020. So not sure if the newer ones is working
tried almost every version - nothing works

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I found this topic on reddit that helped back when i needed it.

I just checked and actually it was the hid autoconfig files. The drivers are already there it seems.

http://buildbot.libretro.com/assets/frontend/

Download the "autoconfig.zip" file, put the "hid" folder to "apps/retroarch-wii/autoconfig/hid/" on your Wii. Open RetroArch, change the joypad driver to "hid", and restart. Now your USB controller should work, if there's an autoconfig file for it in the "hid" folder. To my understanding, every controller needs its own driver too, and only those that have an autoconfig file have a driver. So basically you'd have to make a new driver for a controller to make it work on the Wii.
As he said if your controller don't have a driver in the folder it wont work

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen this and did exactly as it says, but nothing works. And the funny thing is there is a config file for my controller in the folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto