Hacking Need help my Nintendo New 3DS XL keeps getting ARM9 data abort error when i'm trying to turn on my 3ds

giologic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
its been a year i haven't touch my 3ds , when i tried to turn it on to play it again, it suddenly giving the arm9 data abort screen, even i tried to boots it without SD card it still giving the ARM9 data abort screen could someone help me to fix it?

the godmode9 seems working fine but when i tried to turn off and turning on again its still giving the ARM9 data abort..

Also i already passed the
H2testW, so my micro sd isnt at fault ig

Post automatically merged:

its been a year i haven't touch my 3ds , when i tried to turn it on to play it again, it suddenly giving the arm9 data abort screen, even i tried to boots it without SD card it still giving the ARM9 data abort screen could someone help me to fix it?

the godmode9 seems working fine but when i tried to turn off and turning on again its still giving the ARM9 data abort..
Here's the video and photo attachment about the current situation on my new 3ds xl

Attachments

• 20221226_015222.jpg
    20221226_015222.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
  • 20221226_015207.jpg
    20221226_015207.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 146
  • 20221226_014951.mp4
    48.5 MB
  • 20221226_015123.mp4
    46.9 MB
Last edited by giologic,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also i already passed the
H2testW, so my micro sd isnt at fault ig

Here's the video and photo attachment about the current situation on my new 3ds xl
Did you empty the sdcard before checking it with h2testw? Did you run it with the read & verify setting? Did you format it as FAT32 32kb clusters afterwards?
Anyhow, you might need to do a ctrtransfer.

Reactions: giologic

giologic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
yes i'm emptied it and also backup and format my sd card & run it with the read & verify setting, also format it as FAT32 32kb clusters afterward back then also already trying the ctrtransfer.too back then, the problem back then is arm 11 whenever i tried pokemon omega ruby/alpha saphire using pokefinder in anypokemon games like sun/moon/USUM and many more games that i uninstalled, i think i might try the ctrtransfer again

i kinda forgot, if i ctrtransfer again my file isnt gonna be gone right? since i still need it to backup some save file or some games name that i already install on my 3ds xl, so i can download it again to play it on yuzu if its not going to work

giologic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
Did you empty the sdcard before checking it with h2testw? Did you run it with the read & verify setting? Did you format it as FAT32 32kb clusters afterwards?
Anyhow, you might need to do a ctrtransfer.
i did and already completed the test, here's the screenshot :

after that, i'm doing the ctrtransfer and got stuck on

Section II - CTRTransferPermalink

17. Select “CTRTransfer Ticket Copy” on my 3ds after i press (A) to proceed on my 3ds it show no user tickets found.
Skip the reinstalling tickets section.

i rebooted my device and now arm11 (core 1) error show up

how can i fix this?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-31 at 10.41.15 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-31 at 10.41.15 AM.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot (739).png
    Screenshot (739).png
    20.7 KB · Views: 95
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-31 at 10.48.59 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-31 at 10.48.59 AM.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 96

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i kinda forgot, if i ctrtransfer again my file isnt gonna be gone right? since i still need it to backup some save file or some games name that i already install on my 3ds xl
Obviously yes, backup your saves with Checkpoint, and games with GodMode9 before doing so.
after that, i'm doing the ctrtransfer and got stuck on

Section II - CTRTransferPermalink

17. Select “CTRTransfer Ticket Copy” on my 3ds after i press (A) to proceed on my 3ds it show no user tickets found.
Skip the reinstalling tickets section.
Just click yes.
i rebooted my device and now arm11 (core 1) error show up

how can i fix this?
Are you getting the Luma3DS Menu or the Arm11 when you boot the system? If the former it's fine, just press "A" on "show nand or user string" then hit start, it should boot to the home menu. Or is it that's where you're getting the Arm11 error?

giologic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
Obviously yes, backup your saves with Checkpoint, and games with GodMode9 before doing so.

Just click yes.

Are you getting the Luma3DS Menu or the Arm11 when you boot the system? If the former it's fine, just press "A" on "show nand or user string" then hit start, it should boot to the home menu. Or is it that's where you're getting the Arm11 error?

Yes i have finished Section II - CTRTransfer, and it keeps getting me arm11 error when i boot the system, here's the arm11 error message :​

Any solution coolme?

Attachments

• 20230105_005703.jpg
    20230105_005703.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 100

giologic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
Do you have the Luma3DS files on the root of the sdcard? If not copy them there and try again.
yes i already have it, and already replacing it too, but its still giving me the arm11 error...

also i have another new 3ds xl that i want to system transfer but im afraid if i system transfer it, my second one would got bricked like my first new 3ds xl, at least i wanted to know my game list on my first new 3ds, so i can download all my games again, any solution to see my games list because its still bricked right now:cry:

like maybe using godmode9 or something

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i already have it, and already replacing it too, but its still giving me the arm11 error...
Can you access Luma3DS menu on boot holding select?
also i have another new 3ds xl that i want to system transfer but im afraid if i system transfer it, my second one would got bricked like my first new 3ds xl,
You can't access the home menu so system transfer is not an option for now (maybe until it's fixed?).
at least i wanted to know my game list on my first new 3ds, so i can download all my games again, any solution to see my games list because its still bricked right now:cry:
like maybe using godmode9 or something
Yes, if you can still access GodMode9. First make sure you have the GodMode9 files on the sd card, as well as the 32id folder inside the Nintendo 3ds folder that you should've backed up before doing the ctrtransfer. then hold start on boot, launch GodMode9 and do this:
Screenshot_20230105-Chrome.jpg

=
And you could also dump these installed games with GodMode9 if you want to, so you'd install them on other cfw'ed systems..

But sadly sounds like it's a hardware issue, probably the sd card reader is dying and it needs to be replaced.

giologic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
Can you access Luma3DS menu on boot holding select?

You can't access the home menu so system transfer is not an option for now (maybe until it's fixed?).

Yes, if you can still access GodMode9. First make sure you have the GodMode9 files on the sd card, as well as the 32id folder inside the Nintendo 3ds folder that you should've backed up before doing the ctrtransfer. then hold start on boot, launch GodMode9 and do this:
View attachment 346079
=
And you could also dump these installed games with GodMode9 if you want to, so you'd install them on other cfw'ed systems..

But sadly sounds like it's a hardware issue, probably the sd card reader is dying and it needs to be replaced.
Yes i can, here's the pic of luma 3ds menu on booting

Agree its needs to fixed first to access the home menu

Umm i would love to dump my installed games first but is it possible cuz my storage is almost full and the total my games is 112gb on my sd card, also if its possible what are the step to move my dumped games to another 3ds?

So my sd card reader on my 3ds is dying... is it expensive to replace it?

Another question is how to back up my games save since i already do the ctrtransfer but it doesnt work?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm i would love to dump my installed games first but is it possible cuz my storage is almost full and the total my games is 112gb on my sd card, also if its possible what are the step to move my dumped games to another 3ds?
You can do dump a few games like ~6gb total (equal to the storage space left on your sd card), and copy them somewhere, delete them from the sdcard and rinse and repeat until you're done.
Once you dump them, they'll be in a .cia format, and you can install them with FBI on any 3ds system that has Luma3DS/ cfw installed.
So my sd card reader on my 3ds is dying... is it expensive to replace it?
Not expensive no. Also i'm not 100% that it's the sdcard reader, it's possible that it's some other hardware component instead, but since it easy to replace it i would suggest starting with it..
Another question is how to back up my games save since i already do the ctrtransfer but it doesnt work?
Well since you can't access the home menu, then you can run Checkpoint to backup your saves.
Your saves are normally stored on the 32id folder inside sd:/Nintendo 3DS folder, but they're encrypted, and you have to manually search their title ids to know which files belong to which game. Also the process of decrypting these saves might be a bit daunting, but i can give you a link to a guide on how to do it if you want.

giologic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
You can do dump a few games like ~6gb total (equal to the storage space left on your sd card), and copy them somewhere, delete them from the sdcard and rinse and repeat until you're done.
Once you dump them, they'll be in a .cia format, and you can install them with FBI on any 3ds system that has Luma3DS/ cfw installed.

Not expensive no. Also i'm not 100% that it's the sdcard reader, it's possible that it's some other hardware component instead, but since it easy to replace it i would suggest starting with it..

Well since you can't access the home menu, then you can run Checkpoint to backup your saves.
Your saves are normally stored on the 32id folder inside sd:/Nintendo 3DS folder, but they're encrypted, and you have to manually search their title ids to know which files belong to which game. Also the process of decrypting these saves might be a bit daunting, but i can give you a link to a guide on how to do it if you want.
Got it thanks for the solution for dumping games coolme, it will saved me lot of time rather than downloading them one by one, also some of my games had dlc & updates installed before, if i dumped my games does that mean my update and dlc also dumped too? Or i need to download the updates and dlc again?

Umm in here, in indonesia 3ds repair is kinda few, unlike switch repair, if the price for tge repair is pretty expensive i think im gonna sell my 3ds components instead like the lcd and any other part that still works

How to run the checkpoint? Does my save is automatically saved without using it? When i installed checkpoints? If not does i need godmod9 to back up my saves then the saves will appear on my checkpoints folder on my 3ds? When i open it on my pc?

And lastly i want to make a factory reset to my 3ds after i backed up all of my games and save file, to make it ofw again to see if its still gonna be bricked or not if its possible, haha

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also some of my games had dlc & updates installed before, if i dumped my games does that mean my update and dlc also dumped too?
You can dump those as well.
How to run the checkpoint? Does my save is automatically saved without using it? When i installed checkpoints?
No, you have to back up the save, it doesn't just do it by itself.
If not does i need godmod9 to back up my saves then the saves will appear on my checkpoints folder on my 3ds?
That's not what i said, re-read my previous post. When you dump a game the save is not woth it, you to manually fetch for encrypted savefiles for each game save you want to decrypt, then follow decryption process..
And lastly i want to make a factory reset to my 3ds after i backed up all of my games and save file,
First, Cfw can't be removed by a simple factory reset. And 2nd, if you are talking about this problematic 3ds, you can't access the home menu or system settings to do that.. If you don't want your data to remain on it, just remove the sd card or wipe it after copying its files elsewhere..
to see if its still gonna be bricked or not if its possible, haha
Uninstalling cfw will do more harm than good at this point..

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That's not what i said, re-read my previous post. When you dump a game the save is not woth it, you to manually fetch for encrypted savefiles for each game save you want to decrypt, then follow decryption process..

First, Cfw can't be removed by a simple factory reset. And 2nd, if you are talking about this problematic 3ds, you can't access the home menu or system settings to do that.. If you don't want your data to remain on it, just remove the sd card or wipe it after copying its files elsewhere..

Do you think at this point the ctrtransfer type D9 might be of any use to help with their issue?

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think at this point the ctrtransfer type D9 might be of any use to help with their issue?
Maybe, or maybe not. I usually don't suggest using it, unless the user is capable/ careful enough with such a tool..
I guess he could check the nand (eMMC) , and if it's failing, he could set up an emunand and it should work. Though i think it's unlikely that's the case.

giologic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey

I have dump it all on my first micro sd, thanks for help the coolme, also i actually use multiple sd card but for some reason when i press the home butten while in godmode9 there's no title manager, so i can't dump games on my second micro sd, is there any solution to dump it? Or make the list show up?

Turns out I already backup the save file before, its on checkpoint actually haha

So at this point its most likely it wont work anymore right for my 3ds ?

Gotcha, i wont uninstalling the cfw then

Attachments

• 20230109_212246.jpg
    20230109_212246.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 97

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also i actually use multiple sd card but for some reason when i press the home butten while in godmode9 there's no title manager, so i can't dump games on my second micro sd, is there any solution to dump it? Or make the list show up?
They're not showing up on on your 2nd sd card because your installed games are stored on your first sd card, unless you copy/paste the Nintendo 3ds folder from the 1st to the 2nd sd card, there's nothing to dump.
I hope that makes sense to you.
Turns out I already backup the save file before, its on checkpoint actually haha
Have you opened that folder? Inside it should be a .sav file for each game you backed up. If you don't find any, that means you only ran Checkpoint once without backing up any saves, as Checkpoint creates empty folders when you launch it the first time, for potential use..
So at this point its most likely it wont work anymore right for my 3ds ?
There's CTRTransfer type D9 as discussed above, but that's up to you if you want to dabble in that, as you might end up doing more harm than good. At least now you can access GodMode9, imagine losing that if you make a wrong choice using that tool..
And there's the hardware side, replacing the sd card reader or the wifi chip. If it's not either of them, then it could be something else on the motherboard that's causing that, but i can't tell you for sure what that is..

giologic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
They're not showing up on on your 2nd sd card because your installed games are stored on your first sd card, unless you copy/paste the Nintendo 3ds folder from the 1st to the 2nd sd card, there's nothing to dump.
I hope that makes sense to you.

Have you opened that folder? Inside it should be a .sav file for each game you backed up. If you don't find any, that means you only ran Checkpoint once without backing up any saves, as Checkpoint creates empty folders when you launch it the first time, for potential use..

There's CTRTransfer type D9 as discussed above, but that's up to you if you want to dabble in that, as you might end up doing more harm than good. At least now you can access GodMode9, imagine losing that if you make a wrong choice using that tool..
And there's the hardware side, replacing the sd card reader or the wifi chip. If it's not either of them, then it could be something else on the motherboard that's causing that, but i can't tell you for sure what that is..
Aaah i see, so i just need to copy and paste the nintendo 3ds folder from my 1st micro sd to the 2nd micro sd, if i do that, it wont replace my nintendo 3ds folder that has the game right on my 2nd micro sd right?

Yup, i have opened it, it had the .sav file like example the pokemon games, monster hunter games, and other games as well

I might try to do CTRTransfer type d9 later after i successfully dump all of my games on my 2nd micro sd games at this point i gotta do all out ig^^

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaah i see, so i just need to copy and paste the nintendo 3ds folder from my 1st micro sd to the 2nd micro sd, if i do that, it wont replace my nintendo 3ds folder that has the game right on my 2nd micro sd right?
But you don't have any games on that 2nd sd card, right? If so, did you take that sd card from another working 3ds?
It's best to separate both Nintendo 3ds folders if that's the case, also delete installed games once you dump them, as they're of no use to you and will only take space on that 1st sdcard.
Btw, your 2nd is only 32gb, so you can't copy/paste that Nintendo 3ds if you didn't delete any installed games after dumping them. Don't manually delete files on the Nintendo 3ds, use only the title manager to delete installed games.
Yup, i have opened it, it had the .sav file like example the pokemon games, monster hunter games, and other games as well
Ok, good.
I might try to do CTRTransfer type d9 later after i successfully dump all of my games on my 2nd micro sd games at this point i gotta do all out ig^^
Suit yourself. I suggest checking the eMMC first, it will determine if it's failing or not, if it is you can make a emunand and your system should work without relying on its own nand, as discussed above..

giologic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
But you don't have any games on that 2nd sd card, right? If so, did you take that sd card from another working 3ds?
It's best to separate both Nintendo 3ds folders if that's the case, also delete installed games once you dump them, as they're of no use to you and will only take space on that 1st sdcard.
Btw, your 2nd is only 32gb, so you can't copy/paste that Nintendo 3ds if you didn't delete any installed games after dumping them. Don't manually delete files on the Nintendo 3ds, use only the title manager to delete installed games.

Ok, good.

Suit yourself. I suggest checking the eMMC first, it will determine if it's failing or not, if it is you can make a emunand and your system should work without relying on its own nand, as discussed above..
No, its its quite the opposite, since i already done dumping all my games on my 1st micro sd card (128gb), meanwhile since i cant access title manager on the 2nd micro sd (32gb), i can't dump the games yet, naah i used it on my first 3ds but if i recall the firmware is different since i updated my firmware on my 3ds with my 1st micro sd, yeah i didnt delete any file on my nintendo 3ds file, i uninstalled it using the godmode9 after dumping all my games

Okay i will tell it later if its failing or not^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next