ARM9 Error when opening 'Extra Data' tab?

LiamST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Just modded a 3DS XL (Latest OFW) Running Luma 13.0.2.

When I try and open 'Extra Data' tab under Data Management - I'm getting an ARM9 error? Tried a different card, does the same! Opens fine on my New 3DS XL so I can't understand why?

What are my options to get this sorted?

Thanks all 👍🏻

Attachments

• 20231209_001959.jpg
    20231209_001959.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: zoogie

LiamST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(mset9-cli)#section-iv---removing-mset9

You didn't remove mset9, unless the previous owner didn't remove it.
Thank you! I went to bed and slept on it because it was doing my head in! Woke up this morning and realised I didn't do the final step! All working now but credit to you for knowing the answer!

Now, I need to find a GBA emulator that works with the old 3DSXL because mGBA stutters with sound.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again 😊

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All working now but credit to you for knowing the answer!
I wonder why zoogie knew it :rofl2:

Now, I need to find a GBA emulator that works with the old 3DSXL because mGBA stutters with sound.
GBA emulation on old series consoles isn't convincing. You might be interested in running GBA games natively with open_agb_firm. This does not allow for everything an emulator can do, but runs games more or less perfectly in GBA mode.

Reactions: LiamST

LiamST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

GBA emulation on old series consoles isn't convincing. You might be interested in running GBA games natively with open_agb_firm. This does not allow for everything an emulator can do, but runs games more or less perfectly in GBA mode.
That's really helpful. Thank you!
Post automatically merged:

I don't use the forum much but I do recognise zoogie - Am I missing something as to why he knew? 😅

Last edited by LiamST,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to find a GBA emulator that works with the old 3DSXL because mGBA stutters with sound.

mGBA works pretty well on my o3DS XL. It's how I play Pokemon ROM Hacks on that console because a lot of things will bomb on some of the larger ROM Hacks. mGBA seems to be fairly god at handling those things.

LiamST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mGBA works pretty well on my o3DS XL. It's how I play Pokemon ROM Hacks on that console because a lot of things will bomb on some of the larger ROM Hacks. mGBA seems to be fairly god at handling those things.
Can't get them to play properly - I'm also using just for ROM hacks too. I used New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS in the end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch