ROM Hack need help getting a demo to work..

magic_marty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the ds download demo volume 9 and i placed it on my sd card like i do other roms and it wont work it just gives me text like stuff in the top and bottom screen. top says ...

ds_demo_server.sr1 manual ch:1 volumn 9 RC 1.99 2008 03 04 us
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no.type.status
--------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------
L+R+A Options Menu

bottom screen says

WXC: total exchange: 0
-------------------------------------------------------------
here i can scroll 3 diff menus

--------------------------------------------------------
Up / down: scroll
left/right: DEMO /WXC/RELAY

can anybody tell me how to get this to play the games???

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
What you're seeing is the DS Download Station working. It's not an error or anything, that just what it looks like.

The easiest way to do it is to get another DS, and go into Download Play from the menu and download the games. This may or may not work, depending on your flash card and the firmware of the receiving DS.

Next easiest is to find the decompressed versions of the demos online.

Hardest (most fun) is to use a tool like dslazy to open up the DS Download Station ROM and find the demos in there. Their filenames match the list you see when you run the ROM on your flash card; all that "AG3Edemo" stuff. They're LZ77 compressed, so you'll need to use a tool like DS Demo Decompress on them. This will extract them to (hopefully) working NDS files.

magic_marty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help. i tried everything but using another ds and nothing worked. the dslazy fails to launch cause of some error it gives me "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135).Click on ok to terminate the application" so i guess i al out of luck so far and the decompression tool gives me a dos prompt box which does nothing when i click on it..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive...