rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, some ideas from me
Dyu3j3D.png

gO044lp.png
take Arkhandar's logo font and your rocket picture and UI look and it would be absolutely perfect

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
^^ the white-on-white button will be awesome if made to have more contrast. White-on-white with 3DS screen on outdoor wont have good visibility

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, some ideas from me
Dyu3j3D.png

gO044lp.png
Where do I put my money to make this happen?

The funny part is how it completely blows all Nintendo's graphic/UI design out of the water (well, pretty much any Japanese UI design actually)

netnerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
take Arkhandar's logo font and your rocket picture and UI look and it would be absolutely perfect
HBlauncherCombo.jpg

Here's my take with a combination of what I think some of the best ideas we've seen here.
It's very rough around the edges at the moment, but I think it works alright.

We've seen a lot of cool stuff here, but perhaps some collaborative/combination work like can help to unify what makes all the different designs so good into one nice little package.

mariofan064

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you get these icons from?

From the original 3DS menu but more flat.

wow theres so many awesome works. from retro look, modern look, animations, and many more :D

i also want to contribute. I want to make a menu that feels different but familiar enough for 3DS user.

vYjjROv.png

gjbKfZ5.png

EDIT:
yikes i just realized it looks just like a skinned standard 3DS launcher lol.

Shit, this looks AMAZING! Aside from that it bening a skined 3DS Menu, this looks AWESOME!

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's OK, I liked your logo. Some people just aren't into 8(ish) bit stuffs these days.

For me, it's not about the fact that it's 8-bit art. It's the fact that it just looks like sloppy 8-bit art. You can still definitely do 8-bit and still make it look good. In fact, I'm a huge fan of 8-bit stuff.

I've taken a different approach with the animation. The rocket looks 3d and has more depth, and it is just a better animation overall.

9dSzHqK.gif

The letters are pretty much shapes as opposed to an actual font, which makes it looks sloppy/lazy.

Edit: I mean no disrespect, by the way. Just trying to give honest feedback.

Reactions: TerryG
D

Deleted User

For me, it's not about the fact that it's 8-bit art. It's the fact that it just looks like sloppy 8-bit art. You can still definitely do 8-bit and still make it look good. In fact, I'm a huge fan of 8-bit stuff.

9dSzHqK.gif

The letters are pretty much shapes as opposed to an actual font, which makes it looks sloppy/lazy.

Edit: I mean no disrespect, by the way. Just trying to give honest feedback.

Do you mean the clouds being sloppy? I've realized that too, and I'm going to update them so they don't look as sloppy and aren't there as long. What font are you talking about? The "HL" or "-omebrew -auncher"? I've been getting complaints about the logo, so I think I'll fix that. Also, keep in mind that I'm only 13 here. I'm not gonna set a world record for 8-bit art.

Reactions: zakarr

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you mean the clouds being sloppy? I've realized that too, and I'm going to update them so they don't look as sloppy and aren't there as long. What font are you talking about? The "HL" or "-omebrew -auncher"? I've been getting complaints about the logo, so I think I'll fix that. Also, keep in mind that I'm only 13 here. I'm not gonna set a world record for 8-bit art.
The HL looks fine (imo) but the omebrew auncher doesn't look that great, especially the h and b. Those two stick out the most.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I meant the text itself. So yeah, the HL and the rest of the text too. Age really has nothing to do with skill, by the way. It's about how much you know :)

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, a little idea for the homebrew launcher, the waves hypnotize you :wacko:
72144966h5.gif

I like this. Why is everyone so obsessed with slapping channel or launcher on their's? Look at names of official 3DS apps for inspiration on the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock