Homebrew Need a bit of graphics help for GX emulator mod

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
albertbert said:
Found this app on another site and made a cover pack. Thought i'd share it here too.

30.6 MB
Snes Box Art (U)
729 covers. All named with (U) at the end.

Sorry for this being my first post, i thought i had an account, been coming to gbatemp for M3 stuff for a long time.

Anyway, thanks for this psiko and giantpune, its pretty awesome. I need to ask you... how does yours differ from...

QUOTE(shadoxXx @ Oct 9 2009, 09:17 AM) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:SNES_game_covers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:NES_game_covers

smile.gif

Thanks!

albertbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, theyre all in one rar, and theyre named correctly. At least, for the most part. When i say this, i mean named correctly so they will work with peoples rom sets without having to edit the title of every .png. They all 'named correctly'

It was easy to make, i just batch downloaded all of them from a site posted here, batch resized and went jpg to png , and batch renamed them to add the (U) at the end.

oo i missed your post psi, you're basically right.

Hey! Painless, didn't we already go through this on the other forum.

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
albertbert said:
Hey! Painless, didn't we already go through this on the other forum.
I think so buddy. I cant remember which one was posted to first though. I must have been tired... loosing a lot of sleep lately... kids with colds up all night long!

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psiko said:
know the code that is used for the CoverView mod for the SNES9x and FCE Ultra emulators is from the USB Loader GX, not that its a bad thing, thats the great thing about Open Source!

i think it has more to do with the part where i originally wrote the coverwall code used in usb loader GX. and i am the one who "ported" it to fit these emulators. even if it was closed source, i still could have done it. but i do love open source.
smile.gif

tripletap007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@giantpune @psiko Are you two tackling a VBA Gx Cover Mod next by any chance?! Already started getting some cover art together...and AWESOME job on the other two
gbasp.gif

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is nothing left to tackle. in the source code i originally posted in the first post, there is already the coverwall laid out for different style boxes. its just a matter of somebody moving my code into a different emulator. i have already said the easiest method for it numerous times.

the reason i only laid out the boxes for NES and GBA is that i don't have any games for those emulators, and im not really interested. just read through this thread and find where i said how to do it and you can be done in a hour or probably even less.

psiko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.withlogic.com
XP
Country
United States
@tripletap007 - I have looked into doing the GBA emulator as well. Looking at the notes on the SVN, though, there have been a lot of optimization changes being proposed over the couple of last weeks, so I decided to hold off until they settled so that I can work with the code after all of those changes.

tripletap007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good stuff! Any guesses on a default size for those .png's? Gonna be kinda weird with both GBA and GB/GBC but I'm sure it'll work out. And don't think that you're not the man too
ph34r.gif

psiko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.withlogic.com
XP
Country
United States
@tripletap007 - right now, no I dont know what size the image are going to need to be. As soon as I find out I'll be sure to post it here. It may be a bit, though, I'm currently working on a couple of other things at the moment.

psiko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.withlogic.com
XP
Country
United States
anyone interested in translating SNES9xGXc into their languages?

http://psikostudios.com/projects/current/s...X_4.1.5c4r1.zip

Im going to clean up the source a bit before I release it, please test this so that I can make an official contribution, and update the main modified SNES9x GX version with this.

Note: There are not any other languages other than English included right now, if you're interested in making a translation file, please let me know. Obviously, if you have any problems or have any questions with this mod, post em here.

albanibr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
psiko said:
anyone interested in translating SNES9xGXc into their languages?

http://psikostudios.com/wii/snes9x/SNES9x_GX_4.1.5c4r1.zip

Im going to clean up the source a bit before I release it, please test this so that I can make an official contribution, and update the main modified SNES9x GX version with this.

Note: There are not any other languages other than English included right now, if you're interested in making a translation file, please let me know. Obviously, if you have any problems or have any questions with this mod, post em here.

Tomorrow i am send the Brazilian translation

:
rolleyes.gif

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay its totaly bugged
tongue.gif

When u reset the settings.xml, you cant specify the langage folder => when you click on it, it changes the "Covers Folder"

Then when i tried my language File, it worked pretty well until i started a game. I felt back on english language without the possibility to change to another (i tried ninja for example).

So i have to edit the settings manually >_<

Edit :
Ok now i tested with "Ninja" and same problem occurs: revert back in english when a game is loaded.

The Language datas are stored on my SD and the roms are on USB. Is it a possible cause?

psiko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.withlogic.com
XP
Country
United States
@Satan2k - Yep, thats a bug being able to change the settings for where the languages are. And yes, they need to be on the same drive. I will fix the bug so you can change the settings. Thanks for reporting this!

Alright, I looked into it, what (i think) is going on is that the emulator expects them to be on the same drive (I just assumed people would put all of the files together, haha I do ... but I can change this if need be...) and as such, it's not seeing the lang files when you reload the main menu, and as such it defaults back to English. Ill upload a fixed version, put the lang files on the same directory as the roms and lemme know how that works.

Here is the updated file -> http://www.psikostudios.com/projects/curre....1.5.c.4.r2.dol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk