Homebrew Need 3D physics?

ethanpet113

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A while back I was considering doing PikminDS. I couldn't get bullet down to a reasonable size, but I have managed to get reactphysics3d into a pretty small ammount of memory. I'm still working on getting the 3D APIs to work, so it's difficult to test how successful the port was, or whether it is working at all. So yeah I don't know if I'll get around to using it, but here it is.

If you are considering doing a 3D project that needs physics you can get the library here.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/libreact3dds/

Please not that the math backend has not been ported to use the vector fixed point hardware acceleration, and will attempt to perform all calculations using software emulated floating points if using ARM-THUMB, so use it sparingly.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting, I can not say I do much in the way of DS homebrew and adding that to a hack would be a hell of a hack but I am always interested to see things like this.

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
sounds pretty neat. I wrote my own 3D physics for portal DS and it was an interesting endeavour. have you thought about getting it to run off the arm7 ? that's what I did and I think it turned out pretty well.

(but yeah you definitely want to get fixed point math in there if you want even remotely acceptable performance)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021