Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

MightyBalloni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, no luck either :( stays white.
i tried the ysmenu software on the flash sd with games on it on a ds lite, works. then i put it in the 3ds and tried NTR (new, new alt version, old one) and it stays white with the new builds, the old one (sorry for wrong info before) won't do anything either but stay on a black bottom screen with 1 red, 2 yellow and 1 green square.
i repeated the above with the software provided in the first post here just to see what would happen. nothing. also, with this software, it doesn't work on the ds lite either.

anything i can do, or should test?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, no luck either :( stays white.
i tried the ysmenu software on the flash sd with games on it on a ds lite, works. then i put it in the 3ds and tried NTR (new, new alt version, old one) and it stays white with the new builds, the old one (sorry for wrong info before) won't do anything either but stay on a black bottom screen with 1 red, 2 yellow and 1 green square.
i repeated the above with the software provided in the first post here just to see what would happen. nothing. also, with this software, it doesn't work on the ds lite either.

anything i can do, or should test?
Looks like your card doesn't work.

TheOnlyOneLeft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Getting a white screen when booting the forwarder (flashcart is r4isdhc rts dual core 2016) and I can boot the game on the regular r4 firmware, but not on YSMenu (followed the error guide, now I get unknown dldl type)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, weird. NTR Launcher works perfectly fine for me with a M3 DS Real. With the original kernel as well as WoodM3, WoodYS and YSmenu.
Think it would be possible to make a forwarder for it?
I have two questions.
  1. The flashcard loads SRESET.DAT when being booted, right? (Like how the original R4 loads _DS_MENU.DAT when being booted)
  2. Is RESETSLOT1 set to 0 or 1 in "sd:/nds/ntr_forwarder.ini"?

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have two questions.
  1. The flashcard loads SRESET.DAT when being booted, right? (Like how the original R4 loads _DS_MENU.DAT when being booted)
  2. Is RESETSLOT1 set to 0 or 1 in "sd:/nds/ntr_forwarder.ini"?
1. No, it boots from menu.xx inside the SYSTEM folder if I remember correctly.
2. No idea, it's not in the ini, so whatever the default is I guess.

MightyBalloni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, weird. NTR Launcher works perfectly fine for me with a M3 DS Real. With the original kernel as well as WoodM3, WoodYS and YSmenu.
Think it would be possible to make a forwarder for it?

It does? That's great! Could you tell me which version of YSmenu and NTR you are using and how you set up your Micro SD? I'd like to make it work on mine, too.... Thanks!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey Robz8, I got in contact with ahezard through the NDS Bootstrap GitHub page, I made an Issue in his page:
https://github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/issues/7

He told me that the problem with booting DS DOOM v1.4 seems to be in NTR Forwarder WFWD, that I should open an Issue in the following GitHub page of yours:
https://github.com/Robz8/NTR_Forwarder-Wfwd

But it seems like that project doesn't have an issue tab, so I thought about letting you know in here about it.

I know, I'm such a mofo bothersome creature, and I might be getting you sick of DS Doom already, but right now that seems like the best option to play Doom on a DS, because the 3DS Doom project seems to be buggy and crashes a lot. :P

Sorry if I annoy you with my constant crap about DS DOOM. xD

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It does? That's great! Could you tell me which version of YSmenu and NTR you are using and how you set up your Micro SD? I'd like to make it work on mine, too.... Thanks!

Latest version of NTR Launcher and RetroGameFan's YSMenu. Although Sakura works just fine for me as well. Didn't do anything special, really.

MightyBalloni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest version of NTR Launcher and RetroGameFan's YSMenu. Although Sakura works just fine for me as well. Didn't do anything special, really.
Okay so your m3 is configured so that it will run on either an original NDS and 3DS via NTR?
Hm i will try that again later, i already downloaded the retrogamefan files earlier.... thanks!

edit:
hm damn, still nothing with NTR, only on DSlite :(

Last edited by MightyBalloni,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Robz8, I got in contact with ahezard through the NDS Bootstrap GitHub page, I made an Issue in his page:
https://github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/issues/7

He told me that the problem with booting DS DOOM v1.4 seems to be in NTR Forwarder WFWD, that I should open an Issue in the following GitHub page of yours:
https://github.com/Robz8/NTR_Forwarder-Wfwd

But it seems like that project doesn't have an issue tab, so I thought about letting you know in here about it.

I know, I'm such a mofo bothersome creature, and I might be getting you sick of DS Doom already, but right now that seems like the best option to play Doom on a DS, because the 3DS Doom project seems to be buggy and crashes a lot. :P

Sorry if I annoy you with my constant crap about DS DOOM. xD
WFWD is not what I'm using, as it's for the Acekard2(i).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I should have booth nds and _nds folders on my 3ds SD card correct?
Yes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey guys!

Added support for M3DS Real.
Download the pack in the OP, and download the template in Forwarder3-DS by clicking the button next the app's title, and click "Update templates".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!