RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an R4 SDHC RTS Lite (2016). Reformatted the card with SDFormatter, then set it up to dualboot with the kernel in the OP, and then later RetroGameFan's cart update, and the stock kernel from r4i's website. Swapped out R4.dat so that YSMenu is the default and ran YSmenu.nds.
I used the folder button to find the roms in the 'Games' folder in the root of the flashcart, and placed the created DAT's in the root of the flashcart too.
Installed the cia's with a freshly updated FBI, and voila, no dice. Still a black screen telling me to restart.
What am I doing wrong?
Are you using the latest Luma3DS?
I've installed a few forwarder CIAs with Luma3DS 6.1.1 patching TwlBg on the fly, so my 3DS's home menu essentially looks like Pokémon Heaven. The backups are on my trusty old SuperCard DSTWO.

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver won't load their save files. Is this an unavoidable feature of TwlBg patching breaking antipiracy workarounds, or is it something else? The official game cards have the same problem until I disable TwlBg patching so I'm a little confused.

I successfully booted Black 2 with a forwarder .cia but didn't play for any length of time to establish whether it would have the random freezes/slowdowns - I was surprised it worked at all since NitroHax can't boot the DSi enhanced cards (I'm sure there are clever reasons for that).
Yea, twlBg triggers the AP checks. Try a patched ROM.

TimoVerbrugghe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Allright, I'm probably missing something here but I cannot seem to make this work with my Supercard DSTWO. I have 3 backups: SoulSilver, Spirit Tracks & Phantom Hourglass. Each rom gives me a "FAT init failed!" error message when I try to start it.
  • Checked that the right files are copied to the root of my SD card & the microSD card in my DSTWO
  • ForwarderCIA java applet was used, checked that the right path was used (all roms are in a folder called "DS" on the microSD card, so path was f.e. DS/PokemonSoulSilver.nds)
  • Running latest version of Luma3DS: 6.1.1
  • CIA's installed through FBI (& reinstalled multiple times)
  • Checked that DSTWO is inserted correctly, since I can boot the games when I start the DSTWO normally
  • Made sure TID was correct (aka blue)
Anything else I would need to check?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allright, I'm probably missing something here but I cannot seem to make this work with my Supercard DSTWO. I have 3 backups: SoulSilver, Spirit Tracks & Phantom Hourglass. Each rom gives me a "FAT init failed!" error message when I try to start it.
  • Checked that the right files are copied to the root of my SD card & the microSD card in my DSTWO
  • ForwarderCIA java applet was used, checked that the right path was used (all roms are in a folder called "DS" on the microSD card, so path was f.e. DS/PokemonSoulSilver.nds)
  • Running latest version of Luma3DS: 6.1.1
  • CIA's installed through FBI (& reinstalled multiple times)
  • Checked that DSTWO is inserted correctly, since I can boot the games when I start the DSTWO normally
  • Made sure TID was correct (aka blue)
Anything else I would need to check?
While Luma starts, hold Select, and enable TwlBG patching.

MagTheCreep

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I'm a bit confused on the very first step.... It says

Extract what's in "for Slot-1 microSD" to the root of the flashcard microSD card, and "for 3DS SD card" to the root of the 3DS SD card.
Where do I find the "for 3DS SD card" folder/zip? I saw that the DSTWO has that folder but all the others don't, do I need to get it from the DSTWO folder? or do I just not need it at all, I spent a good amount of time trying to find that folder to just realize i probably don't need it.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm a bit confused on the very first step.... It says

Where do I find the "for 3DS SD card" folder/zip? I saw that the DSTWO has that folder but all the others don't, do I need to get it from the DSTWO folder? or do I just not need it at all, I spent a good amount of time trying to find that folder to just realize i probably don't need it.
You don't need it if you don't have a DSTWO.

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yea, twlBg triggers the AP checks. Try a patched ROM.

Thanks for this advice - Pokémon Black and White (1 and 2) working fine, no slowdowns/freezes or other AP signs like exp accrual being blocked after extended period of play.

HeartGold and SoulSilver still not booting past the intro or save screen ie. when the overworld map would be loaded, I just get a black screen. I dumped clean ROMs and applied the AP patches with the DS-Scene Rom Tool. Has anyone else managed to get a .cia forwarder working with these games?

RoosterCogburno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to come up with a solution for freezing when saving Pokemon Black 1 and 2 using RGF's YSMenu updates? I've got everything set up looking nice on my homescreen, but these games are just for show since they freeze everytime the game attempts to save.

I'm using the R4i SDHC Dual Core 2016 and it seems to be a known issue that this happens with RetroGameFan's updates, but no fix has been found.

Really considering jumping ship and getting an R4i Gold 3DS which sets up a second question. Has anyone had issues using this cart? I would really appreciate some insight from an owner before I make the purchase.

Thanks again for all the work put into this everyone.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to come up with a solution for freezing when saving Pokemon Black 1 and 2 using RGF's YSMenu updates? I've got everything set up looking nice on my homescreen, but these games are just for show since they freeze everytime the game attempts to save.

I'm using the R4i SDHC Dual Core 2016 and it seems to be a known issue that this happens with RetroGameFan's updates, but no fix has been found.

Really considering jumping ship and getting an R4i Gold 3DS which sets up a second question. Has anyone had issues using this cart? I would really appreciate some insight from an owner before I make the purchase.

Thanks again for all the work put into this everyone.
It seems to be a problem with the flashcard. If you're wanting to buy a R4i Gold 3DS, I hope you mean the RTS version of the card, since there has been no reports of slowdowns/freezes with that card.

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

RoosterCogburno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be a problem with the flashcard. If you're wanting to buy a R4i Gold 3DS, I hope you mean the RTS version of the card, since there has been no reports of slowdowns/freezes with that card.

Thanks for the quick reply! Exactly my thoughts as well.

And yes, I do mean the R4i Gold 3DS RTS version that is the most popular among users here.

Thanks for all the work you put into this Robz8.

Reactions: RocketRobz

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Two Questions
1. do DSi Enhanced games get the enhancements when launched this way?
2. Does this card work with the Forwarders?
31.jpg
Thanks.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would anyone care to explain why the GW Blue Card is incompatible? I am curious :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgy_QgVe4yA