Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone has a Acekard 2(i) I have a template but it is untested since I don't have an Acekard 2...

You will need the patched twlBG

https://mega.nz/#!BFsWRIqC!wak0JEjxS5gHK66vB5urYrmjJWXypQHSU-beOpYnhiY

There are two template files:
  • NTR_Launcher - Acekard AK2.nds: This is based off the .dldi from the newest AKAIO firmware
  • NTR_Launcher - Acekard 2.nds: This is based off a .dldi I found on the internet... possibly for the older AK2?
To use these, make sure you have Forwarder3-DS 2.1, select External template, choose one of the .nds template files contained in the zip file

I also have more templates for other cards which are also untested... If anyone is willing to test, that would be great

Known Working:

Last edited by DanTheMan827,
Reactions: hippy dave

SolotheHawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone has a Acekard 2(i) I have a template but it is untested since I don't have an Acekard 2...

I tried it, but as I've never done forwarders before I could have done a million things wrong. I was only getting white screens. I feel like I didn't do the patched twlBG correctly. Is that console specific or can someone send it to me?

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
New 3DS, Luma 6.1, Forwarder3-DS 2.1, DSTWO+
When using flashcart with the files from pack, it shows something like "dsisd loaded" and then whitescreens. Almost the same with forwarders. What am I doing wrong?

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it, but as I've never done forwarders before I could have done a million things wrong. I was only getting white screens. I feel like I didn't do the patched twlBG correctly. Is that console specific or can someone send it to me?
Forget about the twlBg.cxi... just install the newest Luma3DS and enable it from the settings menu (hold select when powering on)

On the acekard 2 sd card, do you have a __aio folder with a globalsettings.ini and lastsave.ini?

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS, Luma 6.1, Forwarder3-DS 2.1, DSTWO+
When using flashcart with the files from pack, it shows something like "dsisd loaded" and then whitescreens. Almost the same with forwarders. What am I doing wrong?

What does it do when you boot the flashcart straight from the 3DS?

Currently if the template doesn't detect wood, AKAIO, or ysmenu it will just boot the cartridge slot...

I'm 99% sure DSTWO uses something else...

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
What does it do when you boot the flashcart straight from the 3DS?

Currently if the template doesn't detect wood, AKAIO, or ysmenu it will just boot the cartridge slot...

I'm 99% sure DSTWO uses something else...
To clarify, I'm talking about game forwarders (1st post) and there are forwarders for DSTWO that should work with patched TWL but when I try the instruction from the main post, it says "dsisd loaded", something else and then whitescreens immediately either when booted from the forwarder or just straight from the 3DS.

SolotheHawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget about the twlBg.cxi... just install the newest Luma3DS and enable it from the settings menu (hold select when powering on)

On the acekard 2 sd card, do you have a __aio folder with a globalsettings.ini and lastsave.ini?

Okay, I checked "Enable experimental TwlBg patches" in luma settings, but I'm still getting white screens when trying to load from a forwarder.

I do have globalsettings.ini and lastsave.ini in _aio.

SolotheHawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you open up lastsave.ini after attempting to launch the forwarder does it contain the nds file path?

Have you tried both of the acekard 2 templates?
It does not. It shows the last rom I loaded from the card itself and not the one for the forwarder.

I did try both templates just in case, but it was the same result for both.

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I finally found what the problem with Dragon Quest 6 was. It was twlBG.cxi that accidentally removes AP fixes from some games. Is there any way to fix twlBG.cxi so it can load DQ6 from a forwarder with DsTwo?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gateway Blue Card is still not compatible, right?
Or has there been any beta release for it?
I read something in the previous comments about the Acekard and that is in the soon to be compatible list.

Also, how big are the CIAs made for the forwarders?
I'm guessing they should be rather small since they dont include the actual ROM but just some files to redirect the loading properly.
What size are we talking about aproximately?

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway Blue Card is still not compatible, right?
Or has there been any beta release for it?
I read something in the previous comments about the Acekard and that is in the soon to be compatible list.

Also, how big are the CIAs made for the forwarders?
I'm guessing they should be rather small since they dont include the actual ROM but just some files to redirect the loading properly.
What size are we talking about aproximately?
In terms of DSIWare blocks it's around 3-5

right now I'm working on a forwarder template for wood and ysmenu based flash carts that works a little differently than the ones in the first post (boot slot-1 instead of starting the wood nds file)

but so far the only confirmed working one is the R4i Gold 3DS RTS... (the one I have)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In terms of DSIWare blocks it's around 3-5

right now I'm working on a forwarder template for wood and ysmenu based flash carts that works a little differently than the ones in the first post (boot slot-1 instead of starting the wood nds file)

but so far the only confirmed working one is the R4i Gold 3DS RTS... (the one I have)
Oh I see, interesting. I will wait until further notice about the Gateway blue card.
I will keep an eye on the upcoming posts then, good luck with your tests and development. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4