Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I was setting this up, but I've found a problem, when I try to dump my twl_firm with Decrypt9 it just doesn't work, I'm actually using ShadowNAND, idk if it has something to do with this.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To use these, make sure you have Forwarder3-DS 2.1, select External template, choose one of the .nds template files contained in the zip file

I also have more templates for other cards which are also untested... If anyone is willing to test, that would be great

Known Working:
I got around to trying this out, looks great, thanks! I have the same card as you, so if real time saving is working I'll be feeling a bit safer :)
e: Also I assume that if it's using the original firmware, it should have the full compatibility that has, which I think is pretty much 100%. Oh and I can delete the wfwd or whatever folder off the R4i's SD card?

Last edited by hippy dave,

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If anyone has a Acekard 2(i) I have a template but it is untested since I don't have an Acekard 2...

You will need the patched twlBG

https://mega.nz/#!BFsWRIqC!wak0JEjxS5gHK66vB5urYrmjJWXypQHSU-beOpYnhiY

There are two template files:
  • NTR_Launcher - Acekard AK2.nds: This is based off the .dldi from the newest AKAIO firmware
  • NTR_Launcher - Acekard 2.nds: This is based off a .dldi I found on the internet... possibly for the older AK2?
To use these, make sure you have Forwarder3-DS 2.1, select External template, choose one of the .nds template files contained in the zip file

I also have more templates for other cards which are also untested... If anyone is willing to test, that would be great

Known Working:

Do you have one for GW Blue card?

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got around to trying this out, looks great, thanks! I have the same card as you, so if real time saving is working I'll be feeling a bit safer :)
e: Also I assume that if it's using the original firmware, it should have the full compatibility that has, which I think is pretty much 100%. Oh and I can delete the wfwd or whatever folder off the R4i's SD card?
Correct, everything that normally works with the card should work with this forwarder including RTS

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have one for GW Blue card?
I can't seem to find a dldi patch for that card but if I can, is that Wood based?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not saying it will work but if the hardware uses the same DLDI patch as one of the other r4i cards one of these may work...

https://github.com/DanTheMan827/NTR_Forwarder/releases

Untested of course... does the sd card have a _rpg folder?
Yes it does.
Actually it only needs the _rpg folder and a _DSMENU.dat for it to work.
You can take a look at the files in details from the Gateway 3DS official website download page.

If you are in need of a tester or anything else, I am more than willing to give help out, just let me know what are the steps needed to confirm/deny if it works or not.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't seem to find a dldi patch for that card but if I can, is that Wood based?
@piratesephiroth apparently posted the dldi for the blue card here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/analysi...ue-cart-updateable.357103/page-4#post-5115827

And yeah the card uses Wood firmware, if you want it there's a Blue Card folder inside the main download from the Gateway site - and an updated _DSMENU.DAT here https://gbatemp.net/threads/analysis-on-the-gateway-3ds-blue-cart-updateable.357103/#post-4876502

Reactions: piratesephiroth

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@piratesephiroth apparently posted the dldi for the blue card here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/analysi...ue-cart-updateable.357103/page-4#post-5115827

And yeah the card uses Wood firmware, if you want it there's a Blue Card folder inside the main download from the Gateway site - and an updated _DSMENU.DAT here https://gbatemp.net/threads/analysis-on-the-gateway-3ds-blue-cart-updateable.357103/#post-4876502
If you want to try this one with the blue card it may work... or not...

If the DLDI patch worked the loader will have modified the lastsave.ini file inside the _rpg folder.

I'm not entirely sure if it will boot it though since it's on the cartridge blacklist... although I'm not sure if the blacklist will be in effect since TWL_FIRM is already running...

https://github.com/DanTheMan827/NTR_Forwarder/releases/download/1ac2a57/NTR_Launcher.-.ex4tf.nds

You need the twlBG patch for this to have any chance of working... the newest Luma has the option to do this for you though...

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Is there anyway to boot the roms from the 3ds sd card and not from the r4 sd card?Because my r4 is only 4 gb but my 3ds sd card is 64 gb
That's impossible. Currently, it's only for flashcards.
So I was setting this up, but I've found a problem, when I try to dump my twl_firm with Decrypt9 it just doesn't work, I'm actually using ShadowNAND, idk if it has something to do with this.
If the DSTWO works, then why patch it?
I have forwarders installed and they work perfectly, however is it possible to boot the card back into YSmenu instead of autobooting a game?
Hold B when YSMenu starts to skip to the file list.
I finally found what the problem with Dragon Quest 6 was. It was twlBG.cxi that accidentally removes AP fixes from some games. Is there any way to fix twlBG.cxi so it can load DQ6 from a forwarder with DsTwo?
Currently, no.
Is there anyway to boot directly to the dtts menu?
But why?
How does the Dstwo-Slot-1 template work?
When you launch the forwarder, here's what it does.
  • ROM path is written to sd:/_dstwofwd/autoboot.ini.
  • DSTWO is booted.
  • sd:/_dstwofwd/autoboot.ini is then copied to slot1:/_dstwo/autoboot.ini.
  • sd:/_dstwofwd/autoboot.nds is started to load the game on the DSTWO.

Reactions: tatundria

Kylpit

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using an R4 SDHC RTS Lite (2016). Reformatted the card with SDFormatter, then set it up to dualboot with the kernel in the OP, and then later RetroGameFan's cart update, and the stock kernel from r4i's website. Swapped out R4.dat so that YSMenu is the default and ran YSmenu.nds.
I used the folder button to find the roms in the 'Games' folder in the root of the flashcart, and placed the created DAT's in the root of the flashcart too.
Installed the cia's with a freshly updated FBI, and voila, no dice. Still a black screen telling me to restart.
What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Kylpit,

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed a few forwarder CIAs with Luma3DS 6.1.1 patching TwlBg on the fly, so my 3DS's home menu essentially looks like Pokémon Heaven. The backups are on my trusty old SuperCard DSTWO.

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver won't load their save files. Is this an unavoidable feature of TwlBg patching breaking antipiracy workarounds, or is it something else? The official game cards have the same problem until I disable TwlBg patching so I'm a little confused.

I successfully booted Black 2 with a forwarder .cia but didn't play for any length of time to establish whether it would have the random freezes/slowdowns - I was surprised it worked at all since NitroHax can't boot the DSi enhanced cards (I'm sure there are clever reasons for that).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu