RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just replaced the nds-bootstrap files on my sd card so I can run games in DSi mode. However it doesn't seem to work. I had pokemon conquest installed through the forwarder and when I enter the wifi menu it still tries to use the in-game nintendo wfc instead of my 3ds's native connection
Re-follow Part 1.1 of the forwarder guide.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just did that, and it now says the DSi binaries are missing. I replaced the rom in the SD card and created a new forwarder CIA but it still says it
Have you tried getting a new dump from your physical copy?
After doing so, wait for the new TWLMenu++ version to be released for a fix for Pokemon Conquest to boot in DSi mode. As of currently, it crashes on white screens.

301nav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried getting a new dump from your physical copy?
After doing so, wait for the new TWLMenu++ version to be released for a fix for Pokemon Conquest to boot in DSi mode. As of currently, it crashes on white screens.
I actually got the rom from online since I currently don't have a physical copy unfortunately
Also will the new TWLMenu++ affect me since I am using the forwarder?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually got the rom from online since I currently don't have a physical copy unfortunately
Also will the new TWLMenu++ affect me since I am using the forwarder?
Yes. The next version will contain a fixed AP-patch for the game, so that it works in DSi mode.
When the next version is released, just follow Part 2 of the first post.

MatheusStaffa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there anyway to use the cia forwarder with the widescreen patch? When i boot with twilight menu the widescreen works but with the cia shortcut don't. How do i do?

pianoporsche

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Just a quick question: do you know if there's any way to create a forwarder when the nds file is on your computer instead of the console? I only ask because I'm trying to see if I can avoid removing the microSD from the 3DS whenever I want to make a forwarder, and instead just transfer the cia file over local network like I do with the nds files.

I've had great success with the traditional method outlined in your tutorial, so no worries if this isn't possible! I immensely appreciate all your work either way.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to use the cia forwarder with the widescreen patch? When i boot with twilight menu the widescreen works but with the cia shortcut don't. How do i do?
Currently, you can't.
Hello! Just a quick question: do you know if there's any way to create a forwarder when the nds file is on your computer instead of the console? I only ask because I'm trying to see if I can avoid removing the microSD from the 3DS whenever I want to make a forwarder, and instead just transfer the cia file over local network like I do with the nds files.

I've had great success with the traditional method outlined in your tutorial, so no worries if this isn't possible! I immensely appreciate all your work either way.
Follow this guide.

Hibob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with an english patched version of new mystery of the emblem. it runs just fine but on the homescreen the icon and title banner is blank. any fixes?

JohnFootsalad

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey! Got this forwarder thing today and I've encountered and issue where DSI_MODE and BOOST_CPU both reset back to 0 when launching game. I've searched the thread and it seems this was fixed in January, but the current version has the same issue.

Holding Y when starting DSi enhanced game works fine, but a more permanent solution would be much appreciated.

(And of course I thought I was clever making the nds-boostrap.ini read-only, but as you'd expect, launching another game results in black and white screens)

P.S. Thank you very much for this tool.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Got this forwarder thing today and I've encountered and issue where DSI_MODE and BOOST_CPU both reset back to 0 when launching game. I've searched the thread and it seems this was fixed in January, but the current version has the same issue.

Holding Y when starting DSi enhanced game works fine, but a more permanent solution would be much appreciated.

(And of course I thought I was clever making the nds-boostrap.ini read-only, but as you'd expect, launching another game results in black and white screens)

P.S. Thank you very much for this tool.
DSI_MODE is reset back to 0, because the game is either not DSi-Enhanced, or the ROM is missing the DSi binaries (though it should already show that message, if that's the case).
idk why BOOST_CPU would reset back to 0 though.

JohnFootsalad

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
DSI_MODE is reset back to 0, because the game is either not DSi-Enhanced, or the ROM is missing the DSi binaries (though it should already show that message, if that's the case).
idk why BOOST_CPU would reset back to 0 though.
Oh, my mistake! I meant that DSI_MODE changes to 1 and BOOST_CPU to 0. Game is DSi Enhanced, but doesn't work in DSi mode, so I have to use DS mode instead. Forwarder turns DSi mode back on, hence my predicament.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, my mistake! I meant that DSI_MODE changes to 1 and BOOST_CPU to 0. Game is DSi Enhanced, but doesn't work in DSi mode, so I have to use DS mode instead. Forwarder turns DSi mode back on, hence my predicament.
If the game is Pokemon Conquest, by any chance, the next TWLMenu++ version will contain the fix:
The next version will contain a fixed AP-patch for the game, so that it works in DSi mode.
When the next version is released, just follow Part 2 of the first post.

FrayDabson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any reason why the forwarder won't load my save but TWLMenu++ WIll? If I load from TWL IT loads perfectly fine. If I load from my forwarder then i get to the main screen and choose to load and then i get stuck on a black screen.

Edit this is for Pokemon black 2. Is it the dsi issue similar to pokemon conquest that will be fixed with next twl update?

Last edited by FrayDabson,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any reason why the forwarder won't load my save but TWLMenu++ WIll? If I load from TWL IT loads perfectly fine. If I load from my forwarder then i get to the main screen and choose to load and then i get stuck on a black screen.

Edit this is for Pokemon black 2. Is it the dsi issue similar to pokemon conquest that will be fixed with next twl update?
Yes.

Reactions: FrayDabson

Zero_20

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello first thank you for the tool. However, I have the problem that the application does not open up. I read that there is a file that can solve the problem but where can I find it? If I google run.but file I find nothing concrete about this. So how can I solve the problem?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello first thank you for the tool. However, I have the problem that the application does not open up. I read that there is a file that can solve the problem but where can I find it? If I google run.but file I find nothing concrete about this. So how can I solve the problem?
Try the forwarder creator for 3DS consoles, linked at the very top of the first post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout