Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double post, I see the splash screen but all of my games boot to a white screen. I downloaded the new pack and created new forwarders.

Soccerdies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres no .exe in the Forwarder 2.8.2 download? Am i missing something i dont know how you get that screen where you cancheck the boxes for keep nds files and games are on sd

Soccerdies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
decrypt9 wont boot from homebrew launcher because my firmware is too high and when i try to run it as a payload in the luma folder (setting it to a button like down_D9.bin etc it does nothing and i get a black screen until i release the button and it boots into sysnand

Sharruken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got this working on my A9LH + Luma3DS with my SC DSTWO, I love this kind of thing, especially since I never really liked the DSTWO menus, now, question, is there any way to make this forward to the DSTWO's emulators? not 100% necessary, but I'm curious

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone looked into bypassing the 40 title limit? Could these be spoofed as 3DS software and count towards the 300 limit instead?

ruyor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 Ultra (r4ultra.com) which seems to be an Acekard 2 clone. It mostly works with the Acekard 2 forwarders except that it fails to autoboot the ROM, it just kicks me to the ROM selection menu (I've tried removing all copies of YSmenu.ini from the card's SD). This isn't a big deal to me, I mainly just wanted icons on the 3DS home menu for looks and don't mind using the ROM menu.

However, it also has the same compatibility issue the Acekard 2 does (DSi enhanced/newer NTR doesn't run) when running ROMs through the ROM menu launched by the forwarders. I can run those DSi/newer games on the same card if I use the old TWL Slot-1 Launcher by Apache Thunder. Is it possible to use that slot-1 launcher as a base for the forwarders, so they just boot the card like it does?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 Ultra (r4ultra.com) which seems to be an Acekard 2 clone. It mostly works with the Acekard 2 forwarders except that it fails to autoboot the ROM, it just kicks me to the ROM selection menu (I've tried removing all copies of YSmenu.ini from the card's SD). This isn't a big deal to me, I mainly just wanted icons on the 3DS home menu for looks and don't mind using the ROM menu.

However, it also has the same compatibility issue the Acekard 2 does (DSi enhanced/newer NTR doesn't run) when running ROMs through the ROM menu launched by the forwarders. I can run those DSi/newer games on the same card if I use the old TWL Slot-1 Launcher by Apache Thunder. Is it possible to use that slot-1 launcher as a base for the forwarders, so they just boot the card like it does?
That won't work, as it simply just launches the Slot-1 card like normal, when launching the card from HOME Menu. TWL Slot-1 Launcher doesn't set the ROM path for autoboot.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

thepieddragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I'm missing something here... The program launches fine. I'm having no issues with that. It'll load roms when I ask it to, change the TID when asked, etc. But when I go to actually generate the cia and rom file... It creates a folder and nothing else. Not even confirming that it worked.

Now, I've tried several things to get this to work. I've moved the folder with the program to two different places: the root of my C drive, and the root of one of my other hard drives; that didn't work. What DID work however, was running the jar file from the command line as an admin. It generated the rom and cia properly, even confirming that it worked, but with one small problem: it generated the files in my system32 folder. This is a problem, as I don't want files being generated willy-nilly in what is effectively my operating system's core.

Now, because of this, I'm figuring the problem might have to do with permissions, so I tried making the 'make_cia.exe" file launch with admin privileges; didn't work. I then tried disabling AVG, as I've had problems with it blocking externally launched programs before; didn't work.

So, am I missing something here? How am I supposed to get this to actually generate anything without it doing so in my system32 folder? I am on Windows 10 if that affects anything.

ruyor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That won't work, as it simply just launches the Slot-1 card like normal, when launching the card from HOME Menu. TWL Slot-1 Launcher doesn't set the ROM path for autoboot.
I know it won't work for autoboot, I meant as an option for compatibility on Acekard 2/R4 Ultra with DSi/newer games when autoboot isn't a necessity.

--Edit--

Never mind, it looks like what I'm describing already exists.

Last edited by ruyor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch