Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Skimac2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look in the very first post of this thread and your question(s) will be answered. Hell, you even quoted the post.
Hahaha...I am just really confused about how to get this to work. Have to get a R4 3DS Card Slot 1st, haven't received it yet! LOL, I have to buy the DSTT Card as well now thinking about it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is what I am absolutely confused about,
uc

I'm not able to find this Forwarder3-DS application in the (NTR_Forwarder-master) Folder I downloaded from his post. I am in absolute Confusion! I need this application? Because if I need it, how do I get it? There's no way to find it in the (NTR_Forwarder-master) Folder.

Thank You!

Last edited by Skimac2016,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha...I am just really confused about how to get this to work. Have to get a R4 3DS Card Slot 1st, haven't received it yet! LOL, I have to buy the DSTT Card as well now thinking about it.

uc

I'm not able to find this Forwarder3-DS application in the (NTR_Forwarder-master) Folder I downloaded from his post. I am in absolute Confusion! I need this application? Because if I need it, how do I get it? There's no way to find it in the (NTR_Forwarder-master) Folder.

Thank You!
You are a very blind person. "and let's not forget:
Forwarder3-DS (Current version: v2.8.2)" literally in the first post, not in the github link.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

uc

Thank You!
It's below "and let's not forget:", above the link for the NTR-Forwarder source code.

oni_kuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was "Games are on SD Card" checked, and that you dragged the ROMs from the flashcard (not on the PC) to the app's window?
Just kept adding them through opening the folder. will try drag and dropping them in now and try again.

EDIT: Yup, dragging and dropping it did fix the problem! :D Thank you lots.

Last edited by oni_kuma,

SquidgyB

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an R4i 3DS RTS (with the wifi symbol on the sticker) set up already with YSMenu (the default UI is... hideous). So I've set up forwarding (which works fine) with .nds files sitting on the flashcard - but if I boot to the flashcard after using one of the forwarders (to use any of the non forwarded .nds files on the flashcard) it boots up the last rom I forwarded.

I know I can bypass the autoboot by holding B, but then the UI colours are messed up (as I assume it's booted with no .ini file). So I know the forwarder works by overwriting the YSMenu .ini file (and makes a backup of the old one) - I can see that the .ini file is full of, well, unintelligible stuff which does the forwarding...

So, can I set up YSMenu with a different naming system, and boot to that when starting the cart? Can I get the forwarder to clean up the .ini file once it's finished doing what it needs to? Is there a better way for me to set up the card, or an alternative way of forwarding to the .nds file? Am I missing something really simple and causing myself a headache in the process?

Thanks in advance for any help...

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work with the DS Flashcart I have? I don't remember which one, but on my DS Lite, it boots directly on DS boot and my 3DS can't read the cart.
Hopefully this app will work.

EDIT: Wrong topic lol. I can't find the new one atm, there was a newly created app, it loads a DSi menu or something.

Last edited by thekarter104,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4i 3DS RTS (with the wifi symbol on the sticker) set up already with YSMenu (the default UI is... hideous). So I've set up forwarding (which works fine) with .nds files sitting on the flashcard - but if I boot to the flashcard after using one of the forwarders (to use any of the non forwarded .nds files on the flashcard) it boots up the last rom I forwarded.

I know I can bypass the autoboot by holding B, but then the UI colours are messed up (as I assume it's booted with no .ini file). So I know the forwarder works by overwriting the YSMenu .ini file (and makes a backup of the old one) - I can see that the .ini file is full of, well, unintelligible stuff which does the forwarding...

So, can I set up YSMenu with a different naming system, and boot to that when starting the cart? Can I get the forwarder to clean up the .ini file once it's finished doing what it needs to? Is there a better way for me to set up the card, or an alternative way of forwarding to the .nds file? Am I missing something really simple and causing myself a headache in the process?

Thanks in advance for any help...
When did you last download the pack?

SquidgyB

Trophies
XP
Country
When did you last download the pack?

Just now - I retried and downloaded the pack again and re-created/re-installed the .cia forwarder, still the same. What's the expected behaviour?

e: just to note that my previous comment of "makes a backup of the old .ini" was incorrect, that was my own backup created previously.

Last edited by SquidgyB,

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What is going on with forwarder ?

I used 2.2 something version without issues and i upgraded to 2.8 today.

I noticed that:
- i don't need to use DAT files anymore YAY
- has nice DS splash screen YAY
- after splash screen nothing happens (white screen) NAY :(

Has there been any changes that i need to do with my flashcard or something ?

edit:

WORKS had to place additional folders from pack on 3ds sd card

Last edited by perkel,
Reactions: Usl5264

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1