Hardware nand flash dump (3ds xl)

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
https://github.com/Nephiel/sdlocker-tiny

Maybe change the program inside and add the reset/clear commando.
Only don't know where connect the *CS signal.

sdmm_contact.jpeg

remember the CS is a bit register, that is accesed through SPI..

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
sdmm_contact.jpeg

remember the CS is a bit register, that is accesed through SPI..

We are sort of stuck right now, because no one here has an arduino and a bricked 3ds, so its imposible for us to test if SPI still works or it was disabled completly... its pointless to write a lot of code which can work with SPI, and then later find out that it doesnt works and have to rewrite most of it to work with a different mode.

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The code above looks like it is for the SD card slot of the Raspberry Pi. That doesn't work (i think), because the RPi boot from the SD card slot. You must use the GPIO pins.

(It's possible to use the SD card and boot from a USB stick, so i'm not sure, if the SD slot can be used, if you boot from USB)

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a rasberry pi, and my dad has an arduino. I don't have a bricked 3DS, but if we could somehow check if SPI still works without damaging one, I could use my legit working 3ds.

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have a rasberry pi, and my dad has an arduino. I don't have a bricked 3DS, but if we could somehow check if SPI still works without damaging one, I could use my legit working 3ds.

nah, soldering on a normal 3ds is very hard, not worth the risk if you dont want to backup the nand, but if you have an xl and some soldering skills we can test if the spi works even with the arduino's standard SD library.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an XL.

Edit: I also have done some soldering in the past, and have the required materials. What I don't have easy access to is a screwdriver. How small are the points I would need to solder to? I assume I'm not hooking up to the standard NAND pinout.

jochem77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We are sort of stuck right now, because no one here has an arduino and a bricked 3ds, so its imposible for us to test if SPI still works or it was disabled completly... its pointless to write a lot of code which can work with SPI, and then later find out that it doesnt works and have to rewrite most of it to work with a different mode.

My arduino will arrive tomorrow, but I don't know anything about it yet. Maybe someone can instruct me what to do.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
considering jochem77 is getting a new arduino and I would have to borrow it from my father, Im not sure I should risk my 3ds XL. I want to help, I'm just not confident I won't screw something up, or provide inaccurate information.

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
considering jochem77 is getting a new arduino and I would have to borrow it from my father, Im not sure I should risk my 3ds XL. I want to help, I'm just not confident I won't screw something up, or provide inaccurate information.

Do you have a broken device or something with a small mobo or pcb ? try soldering on that first, most of the device's motherboard also have small points used for testing it while manufacturing, so you can try your soldering skills on that...

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at work right now, Ill do some more practice when I get home.

Edit: Alternatively, I could just use 2.0b2 on my 3DS xl (which I purchased last week to use) to try to install eShop titles, and If I brick I could do this.

The problem is I'm not entirely confident with my soldering skills, and testing the eMMC on a working console doesn't seem like the best idea to me. Best case scenario is that someone could get someone with good experience a bricked console to test on. Maybe a fundraiser or something? couldn't be more then $40 or $50 for a bricked XL.

I apologize for offering then weaseling.

Edit 2: Noob Statement here! Has anyone considered that Gateway left themselves a software-based backdoor for this brick so it doesn't require opening up the system and soldering to fix? They probably didn't leave such a thing, but it would have made repairs and development on the brick a lot easier for them, if such a thing is possible.

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'm at work right now, Ill do some more practice when I get home.

Edit: Alternatively, I could just use 2.0b2 on my 3DS xl (which I purchased last week to use) to try to install eShop titles, and If I brick I could do this.

The problem is I'm not entirely confident with my soldering skills, and testing the eMMC on a working console doesn't seem like the best idea to me. Best case scenario is that someone could get someone with good experience a bricked console to test on. Maybe a fundraiser or something? couldn't be more then $40 or $50 for a bricked XL.

I apologize for offering then weaseling.

Its fine, dont destroy your 3ds if its not bricked, no one is gonna get upset because you dont want to destroy an expensive console (which has no problems at all). I am trying to find a broken 3ds too, but I cant really find anything cheap (there was a broken 3ds for like $15 without the top screen but working motherboard and everything else, but I had no reason to buy it because I had no use for it at that time...)

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just did a quick ebay and this popped up. $25 at the current bid, bidding is over in an hour. might be worth watching. Unfortunately, its a normal one, not an XL.

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
just did a quick ebay and this popped up. $25 at the current bid, bidding is over in an hour. might be worth watching. Unfortunately, its a normal one, not an XL.

>Does not ship to Romania
aww, also ordering from ebay is very expensive considering that the delivery price to Romania sometimes is around 20-25$

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ask in some local repair shops...even a dead motherboard should be ok for testing...might even be able to get one free if you explain how they will no doubt be charging people to fix their 3ds's if you figure it out

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
ask in some local repair shops...even a dead motherboard should be ok for testing

I wont find any local shop which has dead 3ds consoles... because the 3ds is super rare in Romania, I had to buy one from a different country because I couldn't find a store in Romania selling them...

Edit 2: Noob Statement here! Has anyone considered that Gateway left themselves a software-based backdoor for this brick so it doesn't require opening up the system and soldering to fix? They probably didn't leave such a thing, but it would have made repairs and development on the brick a lot easier for them, if such a thing is possible.

The 3ds cant open the card or load something from the SD card when that booterror happens, so there is no way to unlock it from software, but according to that code posted by pong, it looks like they set the password to 0... so maybe they have a way to unbrick it while still in emunand, but after that its imposible.

jochem77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have a bricked 3ds ?

yep

Do you have a broken device or something with a small mobo or pcb ? try soldering on that first, most of the device's motherboard also have small points used for testing it while manufacturing, so you can try your soldering skills on that...

I have an old VGA cart and a very old mobile phone I can practise on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P