Homebrew RELEASE N64 dynarec is out as beta release

D

Deleted User

I wouldn't normally say something like this but... Please crawl back under what ever rock you came out of... You are by far the worst person on this site. And that is quite an achievement.

part 2 of this message in your PM

he released 3 updates in the same day, 2 of them had save states and game saves not working.

i am not going to educate you on or tell you what is double standards and doing this shit for the money, he does it to get paid

i don't need to show you what he says in PM, go defend your Emulator Prince not on my expense.

he doesn't care if the emulator allows game saves or save states, he admitted he doesn't care in PM, he already knew his emulator was broken and still released it in public knowing fully it crashes CFW if you tried to access save states.

sorry for not being naive
open your eyes or go play with your Pirated Games and pretend you bought SX-OX for hombrew

our Emulator Prince has better things to do then fix his emulator, he is willing to fix it if you pay him money, other then that, enjoy crashing your console until you learn the truth

i don't need to get excited from an amateur Developer who pretends to be nice in public to get paid by Patreon and Paypal and when someone asks him about his emulator Bugs he talks from his Peach Bottom

go fix your code and don't make me test your pathetic core when you cant even get the controls for the games right, its been over a decade since all these games work on smartphones, if you think you have the skills to port it for switch, please do your homework about the games your emulator plays them and listen to your users instead of scrubbing code from other people work and then Gloat about having better things to do.

>releases multiple updates for the core almost on a daily basis, says he has better things to do then fix critical bugs that should have been fixed before releasing a Beta<

sorry not sorry for my opinion, i don't do double standards ''ignorance is a bliss''

Cheers!

Last edited by ,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
You realise that he takes donations and has a patreon but you don't need to do either to have this? You're acting like you're paying for a product and it's not working as intended, when he's doing it for you for free and you're upset that one game isn't working properly even though it's an ALPHA release.. We're lucky we even have that when he could have chose not to even release it until it's done

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

he released 3 updates in the same day, 2 of them had save states and game saves not working.

i am not going to educate you on or tell you what is double standards and doing this shit for the money, he does it to get paid

i don't need to show you what he says in PM, go defend your Emulator Prince not on my expense.

he doesn't care if the emulator allows game saves or save states, he admitted he doesn't care in PM, he already knew his emulator was broken and still released it in public knowing fully it crashes CFW if you tried to access save states.

open your eyes or go play with your Pirated Games and pretend you bought SX-OX for hombrew

our Emulator Prince has better things to do then fix his emulator, he is willing to fix it if you pay him money, other then that, enjoy crashing your console until you learn the truth

i don't need to get excited from an amateur Developer who pretends to be nice in public to get paid by Patreon and Paypal and when someone asks him about his emulator Bugs he talks from his Peach Bottom

go fix your code and don't make me test your pathetic core when you cant even get the controls for the games right, its been over a decade since all these games work on smartphones, if you think you have the skills to port it for switch, please do your homework about the games your emulator plays them and listen to your users instead of scrubbing code from other people work and then Gloat about having better things to do.

>releases multiple updates for the core almost on a daily basis, says he has better things to do then fix critical bugs that should have been fixed before releasing a Beta<

sorry not sorry for my opinion, i don't do double standards ''ignorance is a bliss''

Cheers!
m4xw basically remade the mupen64plus retroarch core in about a week and you're complaining because saves didn't work in the first public build, even though he specifically said that some stuff didn't work ffs. And he released those builds because some people wanted to test the new mupen core to see how much performance improved. I haven't ever seen m4xw specifically tell people to join his patreon or donate to him, and he hasn't released anything crazy exclusively to patreons either

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Cheers!

What are you trying to accomplish here? What’s your goal?

If you’re not happy with the dev, then just don’t use his core and don’t participate in this thread. Simple as that. Then you’re happy, everyone else around here is happy, end of story.

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not overclocking, and it runs just fine for me. I just did three DK Racing levels and three Banjo Kazooie levels with no overclocking without any problems.

You've updated the Retroarch nro that goes in the switch folder to the latest nightly, right?

Banjo stutters alot for me when OC is turned off. What CFW do you use?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Banjo stutters alot for me when OC is turned off. What CFW do you use?

Stuttering is normal while it caches new textures and animations. Once it's cached, the next time it renders these there's no stuttering. But anything new, or the next time you play, it will stutter again.

That's just the way it is with the emulator right now. Just run around and do stuff for a few seconds and it will mostly smooth out.

In any case use the newest switch/retroarch.nro from the nightlies and the newest build of mupen. Make sure to use the recommended config settings. And keep in mind if you're just cutting and pasting the config settings from this thread, they point to the old mupen build, not the "next" one. So you can either rename all the config settings, or more simply delete the old mupen build from the cores folder and rename the next to the same as the old build.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The "emulator prince" give me the possibility to enjoy Banjo & Kazooie, Ogre Battle 64, Starfox ,64 or Sin and Punishment in my switch.

Man, i'm in heaven, this is fucking awesone. Haters gonna hate.

I totally agree. I've been waiting fucking YEARS to play Banjo on a handheld. Suddenly out of nowhere it's actually happening.

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stuttering is normal while it caches new textures and animations. Once it's cached, the next time it renders these there's no stuttering. But anything new, or the next time you play, it will stutter again.

That's just the way it is with the emulator right now. Just run around and do stuff for a few seconds and it will mostly smooth out.

In any case use the newest switch/retroarch.nro from the nightlies and the newest build of mupen. Make sure to use the recommended config settings. And keep in mind if you're just cutting and pasting the config settings from this thread, they point to the old mupen build, not the "next" one. So you can either rename all the config settings, or more simply delete the old mupen build from the cores folder and rename the next to the same as the old build.

Thanks for the info. In some areas of banjo the stutter keeps comming back. I wonder how much is cached.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you need a sd card formatted to exfat?
Homepage Retroarch says sd card can't be formatted to exfat?

So I run super smash bros. I go to options and Dynamic Recompiler is already being used?
I thought you needed to change it? Because it runs like utter shut. Completely unplayble

Game seems only playable when you overclock switch.
Can you use max profile safely? 1785 mhz?
Also it seems like if I go on caches interpreter or pure interpreter the performance is better? Or actually it doesn't seem to matter that much to be honest?

If you overclock switch do you need to manually set it back to stock before exit retroarch or will it auto do that?

Any other options you can tweak for more performance? RSP mode is on HLE for me.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Do you need a sd card formatted to exfat?
Homepage Retroarch says sd card can't be formatted to exfat?

So I run super smash bros. I go to options and Dynamic Recompiler is already being used?
I thought you needed to change it? Because it runs like utter shut. Completely unplayble

Game seems only playable when you overclock switch.
Can you use max profile safely? 1785 mhz?
Also it seems like if I go on caches interpreter or pure interpreter the performance is better? Or actually it doesn't seem to matter that much to be honest?

If you overclock switch do you need to manually set it back to stock before exit retroarch or will it auto do that?

Any other options you can tweak for more performance? RSP mode is on HLE for me.

Dynamic, overclock and m4xw's retroarch config

Last edited by M7L7NK7,

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc RetroArch (specifically Salamander) expects a proper homebrew environment (lastest and official hbloader). There is no way to get around of this as Salamander relies on hbloader, so crashes can be expected on unofficial hbloader builds (legal hbmenu nsp and/or Retroarch nsp in this case, even sxos build-in hbloader).

So what if I build everything myself from the latest source? CFW/hbloader/forwarder/hbmenu; would that mitigate this issue, because I haven't seen it crop up myself and I've been wondering why?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: