Homebrew [N00B Question] what's so special about Arm9LoaderHax?

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
okay then, I see! thanks! this might be a dumb question, but does A9LH make SNES VC work on o3DS? probably not, right?
A9LH is just a loader, not a CFW. (that apps part is for CFW as well.) Also, yes. It's possible, but entirely unplayable. There's a YT video floating around of SMW VC with NTR set to use the o3DS clock speed on N3DS. It's awful. Stick to blargSNES or whatever HBL/CIA emulator you have.

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH is just a loader, not a CFW. (that apps part is for CFW as well.) Also, yes. It's possible, but entirely unplayable. There's a YT video floating around of SMW VC with NTR set to use the o3DS clock speed on N3DS. It's awful. Stick to blargSNES or whatever HBL/CIA emulator you have.
oh, okay. I thought that since A9LH gave kernel access that it might somehow make it work. guess not :( kind of wish it did, or someone figured it out. then I could play Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War a lot easier, because frankly, the chapter take FOREVER and loading homebrew every half hour because I have to stop playing is a bit of a buzzkill.

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
oh, okay. I thought that since A9LH gave kernel access that it might somehow make it work. guess not :( kind of wish it did, or someone figured it out. then I could play Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War a lot easier, because frankly, the chapter take FOREVER and loading homebrew every half hour because I have to stop playing is a bit of a buzzkill.
Is there a blargSNES CIA you can install through FBI? That way you could launch from the home menu

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had it installed as a .cia, but for whatever reason it would always give me a black screen for all eternity..... but, that was when I used RXtools. I dunno if it'll work or not now.

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, currently running Luma with A9LH 10.7. by the way, are there any apps or emulators or whatnot that *require* A9LH? or is that just wishful thinking on my end?
Just the Arm9 builds of some d0k3 apps, a couple CFWs, and a few boot managers. Also Uncart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi